PDA

View Full Version : 14 YEAR OLD GIRL PULLING 290x5

D0m1n90
05-19-2009, 10:33 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/66zX-FbF868&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/66zX-FbF868&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is one of the girls John Bernor Trains along with her he trains about 20 diffrent boys and girls for his Strength From Above Youth PowerliftingTeam
Check this out this is nasty girls gonna be national champion God willing!!!

Ben Moore
05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
That beats alot of the 20+ year olds on this site. Amazing.

WillNoble
05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
We saw this girl competing at Big Iron.

16 yrs. old and squatting 308lbs. @ 132lbs. bw

makes some of the boys on this site look terrible.

wtp9qkIqeBI

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
That first girl looks like she's going to break her spine in half.

D0m1n90
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
ummm r we criticizing shes 14 years old and soo blessed wit strength cmon now

D0m1n90
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
that squats awesome 2!!!

Clifford Gillmore
05-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Was that sqaut passed as parallel? Not to be a dick or anything... Still, makes me look weak as hell!

Ben Moore
05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Good Loord you guys are rediculous

TUEFELHUNDEN
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
That is crazy. Very impressive!!

WillNoble
05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Was that sqaut passed as parallel? Not to be a dick or anything... Still, makes me look weak as hell!

upset that she squats more than you?

TheVrolok
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
That DL form looks like it might hurt the back after awhile.. but man, those are some strong girls. How can you not be impressed? That squat was fantastic. I didn't do that much more than that when I was 16, and I weighed over 132.. and am a dude. :P

Clifford Gillmore
05-19-2009, 01:13 PM
upset that she squats more than you?

Body weight ratio she sqauts more than me :)

mattburns
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone else feel weak?

Both videos are very impressive.

Lones Green
05-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Those pulls were insane.

joey54
05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Did she hurt her bicep at the end? She was grabbing her right arm at the end of the video.

Guido
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Those are VERY impressive numbers for 14 years old. How long do you suppose she's been lifting for?

samadhi_smiles
05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
^ not much longer deadlifting like that

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-19-2009, 05:41 PM
ummm r we criticizing shes 14 years old and soo blessed wit strength cmon now
I'm saying her form looks like ass. I don't care what age she is. The second vid was impressive, though.

mcdonough9395
05-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Thats crazy. They would both kick my ass haha.

Ben Moore
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd be willing to bet your form would break down on a max set of 5. Don't ruin a good thread by being a prick

I'm saying her form looks like ass. I don't care what age she is. The second vid was impressive, though.

tomv
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
What? How is he being a prick?

Yes that is impressive, they are both incredibly strong girls. No one is trying to take that away from them.
All Scarz said was "her form was bad". I realise it was a 5RM but it was bad from the first rep. Did she get the weight up? Yes. Is she ****ing strong? Yes. Does she train hard? Yes. Did she have bad form? Yes. Simple as that.
Risk also said that "the girl makes me look weak" and simply asked if it was passed as parallel. It's a legitimate question because from the angle we're presented it doesn't look like it would have been. She's a beast for even unracking that weight and standing with it let alone squatting as she did but asking if it was parallel shouldn't be an issue, especially as he goes on to compliment her on her strength.

The girls are awesome, their efforts were incredibly impressive.

SoreFoot8343
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey Mingo. Awesome video! Can't wait to see Sar lift in the meet :)

Reko
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
What? How is he being a prick?

Yes that is impressive, they are both incredibly strong girls. No one is trying to take that away from them.
All Scarz said was "her form was bad". I realise it was a 5RM but it was bad from the first rep. Did she get the weight up? Yes. Is she ****ing strong? Yes. Does she train hard? Yes. Did she have bad form? Yes. Simple as that.
Risk also said that "the girl makes me look weak" and simply asked if it was passed as parallel. It's a legitimate question because from the angle we're presented it doesn't look like it would have been. She's a beast for even unracking that weight and standing with it let alone squatting as she did but asking if it was parallel shouldn't be an issue, especially as he goes on to compliment her on her strength.

The girls are awesome, their efforts were incredibly impressive.

It passed. I was at that meet and the results are (or at least were, I don't care to check) on the Big Iron webpage.
Some people pull with a hitch, and some pull with a rounded back. I don't see the problem with it. Can you hitch in a meet? No, but its a training vid, so, who cares?

tomv
05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
It passed. I was at that meet and the results are (or at least were, I don't care to check) on the Big Iron webpage.
Some people pull with a hitch, and some pull with a rounded back. I don't see the problem with it. Can you hitch in a meet? No, but its a training vid, so, who cares?

I'm glad to hear that she passed, was just difficult to clarify depth from the front. As I said that's a massive lift for anyone at that age, let alone a girl.

I realise it's a training video and yes she did get the weight up, it merely looked to be with bad form, that which could lead to injury. I don't care that much, I just don't see the point in telling someone they're ridiculous or something of the sort simply because they pass a comment about form.

Again, congratulations to both girls on their lifts. They're both incredibly strong for their age and I hope to see them continue to succeed in the future.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Some people are a tad touchy.

chris mason
05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
She is strong, no doubt, but I also wonder why she is allowed to lift with that form? If she is being groomed to compete then hitching is not allowed. I think beginners should be taught "textbook" form and then allowed to deviate as they learn their body.

Ben Moore
05-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Honestly Chris, seeing some deadlifting in Strongman way worse that wasn't really a hitch - more of a ramp really. Her back never rounded and the weight never got out in front of her. Again - it's a training video. It's not that hard to take the strength taken from a off form deadlift and apply it to competition technique. I'm living proof of that. It just takes a couple sessions of specialization.

CleverName
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Her deadlift form was awful. It would not have passed in a meet held in my area. At my last PL meet they would have red lighted that rebending of the knees to get the rest of the weight up. Why would you even TRAIN that way?

She's strong, but form comes first, and there's no doubt that she could do that weight with proper form.

Squat looked good enough to me.

Ben Moore
05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Then they should seek to prove that person wrong. She needs to have a strong mindset, especially if she intends to compete high up. We are constructively criticizing the girl, nobody here has said anything purely negative.

Ben, would you deadlift/train like her with that rebend of the knees? Would you teach someone to deadlift like that? Why or why not?

I did it all the time in strongman with a goal of attaining more reps and getting a bigger deadlift. I'm not saying that's what she's doing, but to prove the point that the video or picture doesn't always tell the whole story.

I'm done with this thread - I'll leave it to the form nazis to pick apart. I'm sorry to have this mess taken up these last few posts. Outstanding lifting by both girls.

D0m1n90
05-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow guys this was not the purpose of posting this video @ all Sara has been training for about 4 months now and the young women is not only absolutely in love with the sport shes one of the most dedicated lifters on our team. Her form may have some issues but goodness sake id like 2 see these vids of the perfect from u all have...anyway off point the reason for posting the vid was that this is a young lady that God has blessed with some tremendous strength and i wanted to share this vid of her and show off the gifts Gods Given her so thank u for ur advice but i think shell be just fine She Got Jesus =)..and the last time i checked John Bernor is a pretty darn Good Lifter and Coach
Godbless Domingo J Serrano

Clifford Gillmore
05-20-2009, 12:54 AM
not touchy, just laughing at the Crossfail pro commenting on PL

There is no need to attack someone because they choose a differant path than you. Not everyone wants to have a massive VO2 max, not everyone wants to total elite.

As far as everyone commenting on form, its quite plain that she is hitching. Why? Like Chris stated, bad form/techniques don't need to be taught.

D0m1n90; Learn to take constructive criticisim, even if its about other people. There are alot of people on this forum who compete and have had many years of experience, some may even know what they are doing :)

Travis Bell
05-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Good grief, all of you guys need to lighten up a little.

Seriously, going to pieces over this is dumb

samadhi_smiles
05-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Well when individuals are showing disrespect towards girls doing incredible work in an area of unfamiliarity to them, those of us within that given discipline tend to take offense.

i.e. non meet competing individuals and crossfailers

nobody is showing disrespect bro. Settle down. What else do you expect people to comment on when there is a video of somebody lifting with horrible form? Did you just want people to sit back like sheep and go "oh wow great pull"

Its not a great pull. Its a pull that in enough time is going to cause a slipped disc and possibly permanent damage to her spinal column.

=Travis=
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
The issue I believe is not discouraging youth who may be sensitive to criticism in a sport which they are obviously out of place. And on many of the videos posted on this site people are showing **** technique yet many are too timid to open their mouth, yet when its a little girl ...?

Auburn
05-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Bad form, lifts don't count.

Er, fake plates, lifts don't count.

If not, must be on drugs, lifts don't count.

And, last time I checked, picking **** up off the floor is hard work regardless. Her method of performing the movement is her own business.

Auburn
05-20-2009, 08:45 AM
People have getting strong doing things that were "bad for them" for a long time before the internet was invented and we all found out how dangerous barbells can be.

Ben Moore
05-20-2009, 08:47 AM
People have getting strong doing things that were "bad for them" for a long time before the internet was invented and we all found out how dangerous barbells can be.
This man gets it...

chris mason
05-20-2009, 08:54 AM
The relevant points of this thread:

- She is a very strong young woman
- Her form is not good in that it allows her to lift more than she can with strict form and the POTENTIAL problem with that in a young person is overstressing the connective tissued etc. which have not yet had a chance to strengthen via repetition with "correct" form.

Ben, I have no problem with you lifting in a strongman style, but when you were 14 I would have. Does that make sense? Youngsters, especially that young should train with very strict form for a few years prior to any deviations in my opinion. This statement of opinion is not meant to disparage her, rather it is meant to potentially help her.

Oh, and Jesus is not going to help her avoid injury due to poor form permitted by her handlers. Frankly, I find it annoying that someone would even mention this because there are a LOT of VERY good people in the world that have "bad" things happen to them every day and MANY of them are just as right with the Lord as anyone the person who made the comment knows. Have you ever heard of free will?

D0m1n90
05-20-2009, 10:52 AM
again the point of the vid post was not this im srry if my faith angers you but i wont apologize for the power of God and the strength he can bless people with whether youre a 14 yr old girl or a verteran powerlifter i simply wanted to share that wit the other lifters on this forum thanks for all ur advice Godbless
Domingo J Serrano

Painzer
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I just think it's funny how no one in this thread has criticized the fact that she is strong. Everyone agrees that this girl is strong. Had this been been a 14 year old GUY doing the same thing, Every single one of you, including Will and Ben, would have been all over the ****ty form.

Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she's held to a double standard. I'm sure if SHE were in this thread, she'd be thanking the guys giving her constructive criticism, and trying to shake off all the sexist "it's ok because she's a girl" comments.

No one in here bragged about their form, all they said was that hers was bad. It doesn't take a Professional football player to recognize someone who can't pass. It's pretty recognizable to ANYONE who plays the game.

john bernor
05-20-2009, 01:06 PM
i want to way in on this..I train Sara,,most of you should have maybe asked questions before giving responses...

we know her form was not good, the reason for this was that it was a 20 lb jumb for her from last week and the heaviest weight she ever pulled, hence her form fell apart..This has happened to most of us when we take a weight we never had before,,usually things wont fire right and most peoples form will break down..

we have kept her with lighter weights and higher reps for the last few months and her form was perfect..

As far as the perverted off color innuendos,,that is absolutely foul and disgusting and should not be tolerated on ANY FORUM in regards to a 14 year old girl..ADMIN should have taking those down immediately

in HIS grip forever
john

WillNoble
05-20-2009, 01:08 PM
i want to way in on this..I train Sara,,most of you should have maybe asked questions before giving responses...

we know her form was not good, the reason for this was that it was a 20 lb jumb for her from last week and the heaviest weight she ever pulled, hence her form fell apart..This has happened to most of us when we take a weight we never had before,,usually things wont fire right and most peoples form will break down..

we have kept her with lighter weights and higher reps for the last few months and her form was perfect..

As far as the perverted off color innuendos,,that is absolutely foul and disgusting and should not be tolerated on ANY FORUM in regards to a 14 year old girl..ADMIN should have taking those down immediately

in HIS grip forever
john

You are a quality guy John, thanks for finishing this debate off...

getting there
05-20-2009, 01:33 PM
It is the fact that she’s lifting what she is at 14, or that Mandy squats what she does at 16 that’s amazing.

Yeah, its awesome that they are lifting and moving weights like that at the age they are. I always like to see more women get into the sport, BUT that still does not negate the fact that the form on the deads is not good.

RonnyB
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I just think it's funny how no one in this thread has criticized the fact that she is strong. Everyone agrees that this girl is strong. Had this been been a 14 year old GUY doing the same thing, Every single one of you, including Will and Ben, would have been all over the ****ty form.

Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she's held to a double standard. I'm sure if SHE were in this thread, she'd be thanking the guys giving her constructive criticism, and trying to shake off all the sexist "it's ok because she's a girl" comments.

No one in here bragged about their form, all they said was that hers was bad. It doesn't take a Professional football player to recognize someone who can't pass. It's pretty recognizable to ANYONE who plays the game.

Best post in this thread.

samadhi_smiles
05-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Actually chief its at the very root of the issue I have. When individuals like yourself lifting less than teenage girls are making commentary based on your opinions of their performance, Its no different than the football coach I had in high school who couldn’t bench 225, trying to teach a large group of linemen how to bench…

Is Chris’ point valid? Most certainly! However improvement on technique is the need of 99% of people posting on this board (myself most certainly included). It is the fact that she’s lifting what she is at 14, or that Mandy squats what she does at 16 that’s amazing. Obviously both young ladies are training with some of the best lifters in the world, and are very fortunate in that regard. It is the underlined point that people are not respecting. These girls have been training for a VERY SHORT period of time and to be doing what they are is FANTASTIC, but it’s the internet trolls who cut down their efforts, when they themselves have just as many, if not more, flaws in their training.

nah I don't buy your argument. Sure, I might not be qualified to coach somebody on the nuances of all the lifts we practice. But that doesn't change the fact that when I see something dangerous I can call it like I see it. She's a slipped disc injury WAITING to happen.

Its awesome that she's lifting, nobody disagrees! My paternal instinct kicks in though given she's only 14 (has nothing to do with her gender).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd simply recommend that she gets help on her form before busting out the big guns. Yes it's a lot of weight for a 14 year old girl, great. Part of that is the jerky form. Part of it is natural talent. But form is crucial, especially with someone starting out fresh like that... and being that young. It is of utmost importance. You all should really put your e-peens away because this isn't a battle of egos. It's constructive criticism and I'm sure with some work on her form and over a period of time, she has a lot of potential to be crazy strong. But that doesn't change the fact that her form is lacking.

but i wont apologize for the power of God and the strength he can bless people with whether youre a 14 yr old girl or a verteran powerlifter i simply wanted to share that wit the other lifters on this forum thanks for all ur advice GodblessThere is a certain measure of faith and irresponsibility here. It's fine you shared that, and it's great. But don't mistake God's ability to strengthen people with Him preventing any and all injury by her learning improper technique. God has given her a gift for a girl her age, I can clearly see that and I'm not denying that. But please bear in mind the gift God gave her trainer the capacity to properly train this girl and to keep her safe. They hold some responsibility here as well.

chris mason
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
again the point of the vid post was not this im srry if my faith angers you but i wont apologize for the power of God and the strength he can bless people with whether youre a 14 yr old girl or a verteran powerlifter i simply wanted to share that wit the other lifters on this forum thanks for all ur advice Godbless
Domingo J Serrano

You weren't being asked to apologize for anything.

chris mason
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Ok, this thread has run its course. Let's end it on a positive, tell her that she is very strong and has wonderful potential!

Travis Bell
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM

in HIS grip forever
john

Sorry John. I apologize, I am just getting to this thread now. You are right, those comments were completely off color and inappropriate.

To the rest, I can't believe the way this thread went!!! Unbelievable. Get something better to do with your time than get all bent out of shape over a video. Give the girl credit for getting involved in the sport at such a young age. Obviously she's under some excellent guidence and will be fine, although it is painfully clear that some of you are not concerned at all with her success, rather arguing over stupid little things.

Get a grip and grow up.