PDA

View Full Version : A Weak Persons Journey To Strength...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

LuNa
05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
First of all, a bit of background information. I was born in The Netherlands and i am now 22 years old, 6" 1 and 220 lbs. I have had this weight for a long period of time (since i was 15, give or take). When i was 17 i decided i was done being that heavy and i dropped 55 lbs. It all slowly came back on when i went to university. I have never done any real weightlifting or sports, except for the occassional game of squash.

In January of this year i moved to Australia to attend university there and i decided it was time for me to change. I started working out, without any knowledge thinking i would be big within a week. How wrong i was.

I am now four weeks into Starting Strength after being directed to that program by Nockits. It has become pretty clear that i am incredibly weak for my weight. I see guys half my weight lift double the amount of weights i am. It is pretty frustrating sometimes, but i keep trying. Maybe i am just being a little bitch, so i really need to get a grip.

I decided to start a journal so i can keep an eye on my progress and to maybe get some help from you guys who have already helped me so much. So, here it goes.

Today was workout B of the program so i started with
Squats
5xbar
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
1x52.5kg
3x5x55kg <-- i was really tired after doing these

Press
5xbar
5xbar
5x10kg
5x15kg
3x20kg
1x22.
3x5x25kg <-- failed on the first set after 3 reps, second set after 2, third after 1. Third time i am doing this weight and it just does not seem to get stronger.

I have been doing the row instead of the power clean because i read that without a coach it would be really difficult to get proper form down. However, with trying to be less of a little bitch i tried to do the power clean today. Not sure what the reps were at first (trying to nail the form) but i am sure i did the following:
5x3x20kg

Was not able to do my chins because 4 people were hogging the assisted machine and i cant do them by BW alone. First week of doing dips and chins btw.

Diet: 3300 Kcals, 294 grams of protein.

LuNa
05-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Squats:
5x2xbar
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
1x55kg
5x3x57.5kg <-- squats felt solid, will increase them again with 2.5kg

Benchpress:
5x2xbar
5x10kg
5x20kg
3x30kg
1x37.5
5x3x40kg <-- A lot better than on Monday. Will increase with 2.5kg on Wednesday

Deadlift:
5x40kg
5x60kg
5x80kg
3x90kg
1x95kg
1x5x97.5kg <-- Form was a lot better. Need to work on it a bit more, but will increase with 2.5kg for Wednesday

3x8 assisted dips

Pretty solid workout, going to double my squat and i have not been doing it for long, so pretty happy.

ChickenLegs83
05-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Keep at it, bro. :shoot:

Don't worry about what anyone else is doing and just hit your sets hard.

Just go to class, eat, train, sleep and repeat.

Also, I wouldn't advise doing clean without proper coaching.

Olympic lifts and their variations are very form intensive and shouldn't be self-taught.

Look into picking up video if you can't find a local instructor.

LuNa
05-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Keep at it, bro. :shoot:

Don't worry about what anyone else is doing and just hit your sets hard.

Just go to class, eat, train, sleep and repeat.

Also, I wouldn't advise doing clean without proper coaching.

Olympic lifts and their variations are very form intensive and shouldn't be self-taught.

Look into picking up video if you can't find a local instructor.

Thanks mate! I have already been reading on the clean, watching numerous videos and taking it slow to get the form down. It does feel like it is too good of an exercise to not do so i really want to get the form down and start doing it.

ChickenLegs83
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks mate! I have already been reading on the clean, watching numerous videos and taking it slow to get the form down. It does feel like it is too good of an exercise to not do so i really want to get the form down and start doing it.

Good to hear.

nockits
05-22-2009, 07:07 PM
hey bud, looking good. i'm assuming the weights your listed are excluding the bar weight? keep in mind that the bar is another 45lbs (20kg?), so you can add that directly to the total.
keep it up, you're gonna be a monster! i was in your shoes not too long ago!

LuNa
05-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks Nockits! Yeah everything is without the weight of the bar. Do people normally post their results incorporating the weight of the bar? Can't wait till tomorrow!

LuNa
05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Squat:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
1x55kg
3x5x60kg <-- Squats felt great. Upping the weight once again.

OH press:
5xbar
5x10kg
5x15kg
3x20kg
3x5x25 <-- failed in the first set after 4 reps. Went down to 20 and finished the other two sets. Cannot seem to increase the weight on this exercise. I will stay at 20 untill it becomes really easy.

Power Clean <-- practiced alot with the bar. Then did 3x5x20kg and the last set was the best with much better form. I am going to keep the weight like this until i really have the form down for every rep.

OVerall, pretty good workout, lots of sweat!

LuNa
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Awesome workout today. Everything felt right. Form was good and the gym was quiet.

Squat:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
1x60kg
3x5x62.5kg <-- Form was a bit off on the last rep of the second set. Third set felt great, form was much better. Increasing it again.

Benchpress:
5xbar
5x10kg
5x20kg
5x30kg
3x35kg
1x40kg
3x5x42.5kg <-- Failed in the first set after the third rep. Dropped the weight to 40kg and finished the second and third. Will try this weight again next week.

Deadlift:
5x50kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
3x90kg
1x95kg
1x5x100kg <-- Felt awesome. Form was better, got my ass down a little which was necessary. Will be increasing this next week.

3x8 Assisted Dips on number 13 <-- Completed all sets so will try next week on number 12

Diet was off on Tuesday and was lacking a bit of sleep on Monday night so will have to pick it up today. Good thing i am starving!

LuNa
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Squat:
5xbar
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x62.5kg
3x5x65kg <-- I am really starting to feel proud of my squats. It is not that impresive yet, but when i started i could not do 40kg for 3 reps. When i was warming up with 40kg it felt super light. Increase!

OH Press:
5xbar
5xbar
5x10kg
3x5x20kg <-- felt good, form felt a little bit different, better. Gonna give it one more shot on 20kg and make it feel really easy.

Power Clean:
5xbar
5xbar
5xbar
5x10kg
5x3x20kg <-- Form was sooo good imo. It even felt really light. Will start increasing it SS style from now on and see where that will take me.

Chin ups: 3x8 on number 15 assist. Did all reps so will try and go on 14 next time.

Did not gain weight this week which gives me the idea i could be eating more. It feels really strange for someone that sees themselves fat to eat 4000 calories. Going to give it a shot and see where that takes me.

LuNa
05-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Squat:
3x5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x65kg
3x5x67.5kg <-- had some new shoes on with a much flatter sole which was definitely a different feeling. Kept falling over when i was trying to stretch in the hole. After the warm up with just the bar, everything felt great and the work sets were pretty solid. It felt heavy, but i am sure i can do more.

Bench press:
2x5xbar
5x20kg
5x30kg
3x35kg
3x5x40kg <-- still felt pretty heavy, for some reason i can not get past this. Will try one more time and if it feels good go up again.

Deadlift:
5x50kg
5x70kg
3x90kg
1x100kg
1x5x102.5kg <-- felt pretty solid, but i feel that my back might be rounding at the lower part. Will try some stretches to increase hipdrive. All in all felt good. Increase.

Assisted Dips on 12: <-- felt really easy so will be trying 11 next time.

I felt a bit tired before and during my workout. Guess i did not sleep as well as i thought. Also thinking of trying some creatine. Will keep going for some time though untill i know a little more about it.

benno
06-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Hey mate, Good to see your giving SS a go! Looks like your coming a long way already! All the best, you'll be massive in no time! Will be watching :)

LuNa
06-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey mate, Good to see your giving SS a go! Looks like your coming a long way already! All the best, you'll be massive in no time! Will be watching :)

Thanks alot mate! Loving the program so far and really enjoy the advice of everyone with more experience.

LuNa
06-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Squat:
10xbar
2x5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x65kg
3x5x72.5kg <-- Squats felt good. Form was a little better with my new flat sole shoes. My back was still a bit sore, which is probably because i had to use it more with the new shoes. They felt good though.

OH Press:
2x5xbar
5x10kg
5x15kg
3x20kg
3x5x22.5kg <-- Felt pretty good. Heavy still so i am going to give it another try. Really want to break through my 25kg.

Power cleans:
3x5xbar
2x5x20kg
5x3x22.5kg <-- felt really good and not heavy at all. Form seems to be getting tighter with a heavier load. Love doing these at the moment.

Good workout. Had lower stress levels today. Looking forward to Friday and then a long weekend off.

benno
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Nice squattin! Keep at it mate.

LuNa
06-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Squat:
3x5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x70kg
3x5x75kg <-- i noticed i wrote the number wrong last time. It was supposed to be 70 kg previous work-out. However, i thought instead of correcting it i might aswell make the lift fit the supposed figure. They were heavy as hell but i finished all reps.

Bench press:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x30kg
3x35kg
1x40kg
3x5x42.5kg <-- First thought it would have been better to try 40kg again, but i felt so psyched after my squats, that i had to try. They were heavy and form was a bit sloppy, so will keep it at this weight for now.

Deadlift
5x50kg
5x70kg
3x90kg
1x100kg
5x105kg <-- Felt solid. Tried to pretend as if i was standing up with the weight, instead of lifting it up. The flat sole shoes really help keep the weight on the heels. Loving it. Increase!

Dips 3x8 on 11 <-- loving these dips. Finished all reps so will do them on 10 next time.

Incline sit-ups <-- I LOVE THESE!!! It is hard work, but i really feel my abs working which is great. Did 15 reps so next time will be the highest incline.

Great workout. Diet and sleep were off on Thursday because i had a really important presentation at uni. So felt a bit off at first, but it came back to me after doing squats. On Monday the gym is closed and i have an exam on Tuesday, so will miss a day. A bit pissed off about that, but maybe the rest will do me good and i will pick up the race for my own bodyweight squat on Wednesday. Will also start using Creatine on Monday.

Mental note to self aswell: EAT MORE!

benno
06-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Good strength increase in all best lifts mate, keep at it! AND EAT EAT EAT.

LuNa
06-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Good strength increase in all best lifts mate, keep at it! AND EAT EAT EAT.

Thanks alot! Been reading around other peoples journals and i am starting to get a bit worried about if i am doing the right thing. I feel fat (i am fat) and it feels weird eating my ass off every day. Counterintuitive so to speak. However, i am going to keep doing it, because my lifts are steadily going up and i do feel stronger than ever. Just dont want to have to do a cut that will take away all of my gained muscle (if any) in the end.

benno
06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks alot! Been reading around other peoples journals and i am starting to get a bit worried about if i am doing the right thing. I feel fat (i am fat) and it feels weird eating my ass off every day. Counterintuitive so to speak. However, i am going to keep doing it, because my lifts are steadily going up and i do feel stronger than ever. Just dont want to have to do a cut that will take away all of my gained muscle (if any) in the end.

Just eat as clean as you can mate, but ALOT. A clean bulk ownzzz :)

LuNa
06-08-2009, 01:33 AM
I am eating really clean, or atleast as much as possible. Thanks for the info and will keep going. If in the end it didnt seem to work i atleast learned a lot :p.

LuNa
06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Had the worst day today. After having Monday off i thought i was ready to get at it again. Appearantly i was not. After doing a couple of light warm up sets for my squat i decided to take a look at my form with the use of the mirror. My form was terrible. I had no idea. All this time i thought i was doing it better, because i was squatting below parallel but i actually wasnt. My lower back was rounding enormously. I tried to focus on it a bit more while working up to my working sets, when something popped in my knee and a slight pain creaped in. I got so pissed off that i left the gym. I watched a lot of the Squat RX clips and been doing some wall squats. I videotaped them and it looks horrible. I am going to do some light box squats the coming time and work on my form before i try the higher weight again. Im also going to do the stretches everyday that are outlined in Squat RX#1. The wall walk was pretty intense. I had no idea i was that inflexible, really.

Well lets hope i can improve on my form and do those wall squats without rounding and falling over.

benno
06-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Had the worst day today. After having Monday off i thought i was ready to get at it again. Appearantly i was not. After doing a couple of light warm up sets for my squat i decided to take a look at my form with the use of the mirror. My form was terrible. I had no idea. All this time i thought i was doing it better, because i was squatting below parallel but i actually wasnt. My lower back was rounding enormously. I tried to focus on it a bit more while working up to my working sets, when something popped in my knee and a slight pain creaped in. I got so pissed off that i left the gym. I watched a lot of the Squat RX clips and been doing some wall squats. I videotaped them and it looks horrible. I am going to do some light box squats the coming time and work on my form before i try the higher weight again. Im also going to do the stretches everyday that are outlined in Squat RX#1. The wall walk was pretty intense. I had no idea i was that inflexible, really.

Well lets hope i can improve on my form and do those wall squats without rounding and falling over.

All the best, keep working at it.

LuNa
06-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Box squat:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x5x50kg <-- Felt so much better. The box gave a more secure feeling when sitting back and my back felt tight the whole way down. The box was higher than i normally go, but my lower back rounds at parallel so i though it would be good to start there. Will be increasing the weight SS style until i get back up to the point where i left off. Hopefully with a much better squat.

OH press:
5xbar
5x10kg
5x20kg
3x5x22.5 <-- Failed on the last rep, however they felt lighter than last time. Once or twice more should do the trick.

Power Clean:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x3x25kg <-- warming up is better when there is a little bit of weight on the bar so only limited warm up. They felt good. Tried to bent my knees a bit more while racking it. Felt solid.

Chin ups: 3x8 on 14 <-- Failed on 4 reps at the last set. These are really intense. There is no reason anyone would be doing curls unless they can atleast do these without help.

Reverse hypers: 3x8x10kg <-- These felt really good. My lower back felt tight afterwards, but good tight. Hope this will help in my search of a better squat. Also decided i am only doing these on training day B. Otherwise it is too much for my lower back, after doing deadlifts on A.

Core work: 3x15 incline sit ups <-- Heavy, failed on the last set. It feels good doing more core work. Also to give me a hand getting better form in my squat.

Great day, much better than Wednesday. Really happy about the box squats, was less stressed aswell. I decided to take shorter resting periods in between the squats to keep intensity high even though i dropped the weight. This also took my total time within the hour. Will keep this up!

Note: on the way to the changing rooms i came across a real powerlifter. Followed him back to the gym, but then thought i was probably coming across a bit creapy. Decided i would go change. Could still hear the weights drop when i was changing. I loved the sight of him, so massive respect to anyone doing any sorts of serious powerlifting! Showed the curlers in the squatrack a thing or two :p.

LuNa
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Squat:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x40kg
3x50kg
3x5x55kg <-- Felt really good. I upped the weight by 5kg and will do so until i reach 65kg or when it feels to heavy to keep good form. I used the box as a reference this time, not to sit on it. Felt pretty good. I want to find a slightly lower box though, squatting lower feels better.

Benchpress:
5xbar
5x20kg
5x30kg
3x35kg
1x40kg
3x5x42.5kg <-- it was heavy but i finished all the reps. Going to put it to 45kg which is probably going to kick my ass. I love doing dips, because i really feel that they help with my bench.

Deadlift:
5x50kg
5x80kg
3x100kg
1x105kg
1x5x107.5 <-- I almost failed on the last rep but i was able to grind it out. It was due to my grip, not because it was too heavy. Need more chalk!!!!

Dips 3x8 on 11 <-- i failed on the last set after 5 reps. I took only a minute break between sets which is the reason i failed. Not sure if i should take a longer break and finish the set, or shorten the break. I am going for the latter and keep it at 1 minute.

Good training day! Ab work was heavy because i was still sore from Friday. Will hopefully pick that up again on Wednesday. I really feel that all the stretching i am doing is helping. Lets hope i can keep my form when i get back to my old squatting weight.

Note: the program is amazing. For someone that has always been fat and needed to watch his intake, i am loving it. I can not seem to eat enough. I am now up to 4000 calories a day and i am still not gaining weight. Feels so unnatural :p.

benno
06-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Good to see everything is coming back on track mate.

LuNa
06-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Good to see everything is coming back on track mate.

Thanks Benno, same here!

LuNa
06-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Squats:
10xbar
5x40kg
5x50kg
3x5x60kg <-- Less warm up sets is definitely better for me. I used a lower box which took me about an inch under paralel. My back didnt feel rounded so i am going to keep that box height. Squats were heavy but good.

OH press:
5xbar
5x10kg
3x20kg
3x5x22.5kg <-- Finished all reps which means it is time to increase the weight. Hopefull this time i can break through that 25kg and start moving towards 30kg.

Power cleans:
5x20kg
3x25kg
5x3x30kg <-- I felt i could do 30kg and i managed to finish all reps. Form was harder to keep so i am happy i am doing 5x3. Will increase the weight but i need to make sure i keep my form up.

Chin ups: 3x8 on 14 <-- These are so heavy! I failed on the second set. I think it is because the main lifts are starting to get heavy. I dont mind the fact that this is not increasing, as long as my other lifts are. Will try again next week.

Reverse hypers: 3x8x15kg <-- back felt tight again, but i feel as if these are really good in helping me to keep my back arched in squats. My squats feel better atleast.

Good training day. I am going to make Friday the day i do some heavy corework seeing as my abs were still a bit sore from Monday and last week.

Note: i can not believe i did not gain weight yet. I visited my friend McDonalds twice this week to get my cals over 4000. Must eat more...where are those Oreos?!?

nockits
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
lookin good bro! keep it up!

LuNa
06-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Didnt have time to update yet, so here is yesterdays workout.

Squat:
5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
3x5x65kg <-- Felt heavy, but i am sure i could do more. Hopefully i will smash the 80kg by Friday, which means that i can squat my own bodyweight if you add the weight of the bar. Would be really happy with that.

Benchpress:
5xbar
5x20kg
3x40kg
3x4x45kg <-- Failed the last rep in all three sets. Was still happy that i could do 4 each set. I really need to have a look at my form here because i am not using leg drive yet. Pretty sure i could improve by rereading this part in SS.

Deadlift:
5x50kg
3x90kg
1x100kg
1x5x110kg <-- Felt so good doing this. Was really happy i did this. Felt the bar slip at the 4th rep so i switched to a mixed grip for the 5th one. Next goal will be 120kg and a longer term goal is 150kg because that will be three plates!

Dips: 3x8 on 10 <-- Failed on the last rep of the third set. They felt good and i really look forward doing these without the assistance of the machine.

Did not gain weight again however i did have some stomach problems on Thursday which made me spend the most of the day with the white porcelain. Might have made the difference. Will see if i can gain a kilo next week.
Flexibility work is awesome. I feel so much more secure in the hole. Also feel that my deadlift is better now because me back does not round that much anymore. Thanks Sensei for the stretches!!

LuNa
06-21-2009, 10:33 PM
lookin good bro! keep it up!

Thanks a lot Nockits!

LuNa
06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I decided to add the weight of the bar to all my weights to get a better representation of what i am lifting. That means that 20kg will be added to all lifts.

Squats:
5xbar
5x60kg
3x80kg
3x5x90kg <-- Heavy squats. I lowered the box by 1-2 cm that i use to gauge my depth. Really felt the difference. It will be great to end this week with 100 kg to set a pr and squat my bodyweight. Just a shame (not really) that i am gaining weight, feel like a dog chasing its tale :p

OH press:
5xbar
5x30kg
3x40kg
3x5x45kg <-- Finished all reps! This is where i got stuck last time but i finished all reps and felt i had a little more to give. Deloading works like mad!

Power Clean:
5xbar
5x40kg
3x50kg
5x3x52.5kg <-- Form on the last rep was weak. I was absolutely exhausted. Tried to make up for it with one more rep which was even worse :p.

Chin ups: 3x8 on 16 <-- I read about how to perform chin ups properly so i decided to start on 16. Didnt finish all reps on the second and third set. They are so hard at the end of a work out. Will keep trying.

Reverse hypers: 3x8x15kg <-- A good ending of a great day. Was sweating like mad after doing these. They feel pretty good for my lower back.

Core work: 3x Plank while moving 5x2.5kg twice. Going to do planks from now on after reading the article about them. Pretty intense stuff!

A great day, i was sweating like mad and was pretty tired. I was really happy that i gained some weight after 2 weeks of not gaining anything. Just hope it is all muscle :p.

LuNa
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Really sore upper back this morning. Not sure why because i didnt do any different exercises. Maybe the way i was doing chin ups is much better. Will try some stretching today to minimize it.

LuNa
06-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I just put on my one decent pair of pants and it almost bursted :omg: Bit of a double feeling because i know i am getting bigger, but it also means my waist is getting bigger. Not too bothered seeing as i now have a great excuse to wear my joggers! Cant wait to display some strength for my size tomorrow :p.

LuNa
06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Squats:
5xbar
5x60kg
3x80kg
1x90kg
3x5x95kg <-- Heavy, but still doable. Really hope i can get two plates on Friday, it would be an awesome accomplishment for me.

Bench press:
5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
3x5x65kg <-- Finished all reps. It was heavy but it was great finishing every rep. I kept my back really tight which i felt really helped.

Deadlift:
5x70kg
3x110kg
1x130kg
1x5x132.5 <-- Grip was off on the last rep. They are heavy but my grip is the biggest problem. I am going to go up but be a bit more critical of my form. If it is off slightly i'll stay with this weight for a bit.

Dips: 3x8 on 9 <-- Failed on the last 3 reps of the third set. I love doing dips, they are pretty intense. Will increase it and see how i do next time.

Core work <-- planks

Pretty intense session. Really hope i can do two plates on Friday, that would be awesome! Diet has been really good and i am gaining weight pretty solid now that i have switched to whole milk and started drinking more of it. Easier to get my cals in. I thought bulking was pretty cool but after two months of stuffing yourself you get pretty bored with it, especially when trying to eat clean.

benno
06-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Squats:
5xbar
5x60kg
3x80kg
1x90kg
3x5x95kg <-- Heavy, but still doable. Really hope i can get two plates on Friday, it would be an awesome accomplishment for me.

Bench press:
5xbar
5x40kg
3x60kg
3x5x65kg <-- Finished all reps. It was heavy but it was great finishing every rep. I kept my back really tight which i felt really helped.

Deadlift:
5x70kg
3x110kg
1x130kg
1x5x132.5 <-- Grip was off on the last rep. They are heavy but my grip is the biggest problem. I am going to go up but be a bit more critical of my form. If it is off slightly i'll stay with this weight for a bit.

Dips: 3x8 on 9 <-- Failed on the last 3 reps of the third set. I love doing dips, they are pretty intense. Will increase it and see how i do next time.

Core work <-- planks

Pretty intense session. Really hope i can do two plates on Friday, that would be awesome! Diet has been really good and i am gaining weight pretty solid now that i have switched to whole milk and started drinking more of it. Easier to get my cals in. I thought bulking was pretty cool but after two months of stuffing yourself you get pretty bored with it, especially when trying to eat clean.

Great lifts man, looking heaps stronger! Yeah best of luck with the 2 plates, smash it! Its always a good feeling whacking another 20 on there and squat'n it :)

LuNa
06-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Squat:
Warm-ups
3x5x100kg <-- Heavy stuff, but finished it with good form. Really happy with two plates!

Overhead Press:
Warm-ups
3x5x47.5 <-- Failed on the last rep of the last set. Happy it was only one rep though. Will try and finish all sets next time.

Power Cleans:
Warm-ups
5x3x55kg <-- Form was a bit sloppy, more so during some sets than others. Was pretty tired so will try this week again and see if i can keep form better.

Didnt do any accessory work because i was pretty tired and felt like the three lifts were enough this time. Diet has been ok, with some solid weight gaining. Reading more on nutrition now to see if i can improve anything there. 10 kg to go before i reach my goal weight. Really hope i will be happy with the result at that point.

LuNa
06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Great lifts man, looking heaps stronger! Yeah best of luck with the 2 plates, smash it! Its always a good feeling whacking another 20 on there and squat'n it :)

Thanks Benno! It is a great feeling. That last rep seems to be the easiest because you are happy you finished all of them.

depotman
06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Nice work man, keep it up.

LuNa
06-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Nice work man, keep it up.

Thanks a lot depotman :)

benno
06-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Squat:
Warm-ups
3x5x100kg <-- Heavy stuff, but finished it with good form. Really happy with two plates!

Overhead Press:
Warm-ups
3x5x47.5 <-- Failed on the last rep of the last set. Happy it was only one rep though. Will try and finish all sets next time.

Power Cleans:
Warm-ups
5x3x55kg <-- Form was a bit sloppy, more so during some sets than others. Was pretty tired so will try this week again and see if i can keep form better.

Didnt do any accessory work because i was pretty tired and felt like the three lifts were enough this time. Diet has been ok, with some solid weight gaining. Reading more on nutrition now to see if i can improve anything there. 10 kg to go before i reach my goal weight. Really hope i will be happy with the result at that point.

Ahhh !! Smashed the two plates on squats. Got all 5 over 3 sets, good stuff! Keep going forward. :)

LuNa
06-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Woke up today with a pretty bad cold. My first one since i started weight training. My back is also a bit sore still and i didnt get a good sleep due to it. Will replace todays workout with some flexibility training and some core and cardio work. Bit pissed off that i have this cold, but i guess sometimes you take a step backwards to take a couple more forward.

LuNa
06-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Ahhh !! Smashed the two plates on squats. Got all 5 over 3 sets, good stuff! Keep going forward. :)

Thanks for your support Benno! Really happy, because my goal is getting in reach.

LuNa
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
First day back in the gym. Have been ill the whole week so it was good to be back. Was still feeling a bit crappy and out of breath. Should be 100% on Monday.

Squats:
Warm ups
2x5x100kg <-- Form was really sloppy and they felt really heavy. Decided to stop after 2 sets and give it another shot on Monday.

Benchpress:
Warm ups
3x5x60kg <-- Decided to go lighter on the other two and these felt really good.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x130kg <-- Felt awesome. During warm up i felt i had to throw up, but once i kept going the feeling went away. Awesome to be back.

Dips 3x8 on 8 <-- Failed on the last rip, but happy to be able to atleast almost finish all sets.

Lost 2.5 kg which i was really pissed off about. Diet has been off because i wasnt feeling well so i guess the weight should be back on in no time.

TXslapshot
07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Good looking lifts there Luna. Keep up the hard work buddy.

LuNa
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Good looking lifts there Luna. Keep up the hard work buddy.

Thanks a lot slapshot!

LuNa
07-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Squat:
Warm-ups
3x5x90kg <-- Decided to take off 10 kg of my squat because i still wasnt feeling 100% and i rather do them with good form than not. Squats felt good though.

OH press:
Warm-ups
3x5x47.5kg <-- Failed on the last rep of the third set. Happy though, because i still have strongth on this even with a lower weight.

Power clean:
Warm-ups
5x3x55kg <-- Form was much better than last time. I will go for one more or go up if i feel better.

I decided to not do any accessory work because i was still feeling a bit ill. For some reason i can not get rid off my sore throat which is annoying to say the least. Will keep going and try and keep diet up to gain back the weight i lost.

benno
07-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Keep working hard on those squats bro. Good job! :thumbup:

tomv
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Good work on your squats mate, it's a very good thing that you could take the ego hit and drop the weight a little to really focus on form.

BTW, which uni are you going to in sydney / where are you living roughly? I live in Sydney too.

LuNa
07-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks Benno!

Tom, University of Sydney. I live in Surry Hills, pretty close to Central Station. Where about are you?

tomv
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm more out West mate, near Castle Hill.
I study at UWS so that's even further away haha.
USYD has a beautiful campus, I've been there with a few of my friends once or twice.
There's going to be a powerlifting competition on in North Sydney next weekend that you may be interested in watching?

LuNa
07-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Squat:
Warm ups
3x5x92.5kg <-- Heavy squats, but form is tight again. I started doing flexibility work again everyday which is such a great help.

Bench press:
Warm ups
3x5x65kg <-- Finished all reps. Had a spotter which was also good. Time to go up.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x135kg <-- Grip was off on the last rep so switched it to a mixed grip. Grip is really going up though, because i am no longer having a problem with 130kg, with an overhand grip.

Dips 3x8 on 8 <-- Failed after 5 on the last set. Felt pretty tired.

Pretty good day. Had a friend that came over from holland go with me to the gym. Felt rushed a bit sometimes but it was nice having someone spot me and such. Gained a bit of weight and getting most of my strength back now that my cold is at its end.

LuNa
07-08-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm more out West mate, near Castle Hill.
I study at UWS so that's even further away haha.
USYD has a beautiful campus, I've been there with a few of my friends once or twice.
There's going to be a powerlifting competition on in North Sydney next weekend that you may be interested in watching?

Ah allright! Yeah the campus is deffinitely nice. I havent been to UWS, is it a bit similar?

The competition sounds good, could you give some more details?

LuNa
07-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Squat:
Warm ups
3x5x95kg <-- Felt heavy, but the speed of the bar was solid. I feel pretty good about dropping the weight down to get form down again. Getting more flexibility work in again compliments that nicely.

Bench press:
Warm ups
3x5x67.5kg <-- Finished all reps. Really happpy about that. Felt much more secure, because i really tried to keep my whole body tight. Going to try 70 which has been a short term goal for me for a while.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x137.5kg <-- Once again grip was off on the 4th rep. Switched to mixed for the 5th one and pulled it off. Cant wait to try and go for 3 plates on Friday. Good stuff!

Dips 3x8 on 8 <-- Failed on the last set after 4 reps. Was pretty spend. I like doing dips and my bench is going up so i am not too bother that i cant do 3 sets of 8 reps. Will keep on trying though!

Really happy to be 100% back again. Have some problems with a stupid schedule for school, but that ends on the 20th. Should have no problems with going a solid 3 times a week.

LuNa
07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Squats:
Warm ups
3x5x97.5 <-- Good stuff. Still felt heavy which is a bit strange since i have done the weight before. The speed of the bar was still good and form was decent as well.

OH press:
Warm ups
3x5x47.5 <-- Really happy with this. I cant believe a couple of weeks i could not do 45 kg and this was actually not bad at all.

Power clean:
Warm ups
5x3x55kg <-- Form was off on the first set but got better as i went on. Will keep the weight here once more before going up.

Didnt do any accessory work because i was completely spent after these three. Really nice day. Looking forward to Friday which a lot of short term goals to be attained.

LuNa
07-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Squat:
Warm ups
3x5x97.5kg <-- Felt pretty good but still heavy. Kept the weight like this because i wanted to hit my pr on bench and deadlift. Will up the weight for next week

Bench press:
Warm ups
1x5x70kg
1x4x70kg
1x3x70kg <-- Eventhough i missed some reps i was really happy. Form felt really good, with everything tight. Has been a short term goal for a while so it feels good to have done it.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x140kg <-- I did it!!! Really happy about this. Had to switch to a mixed grip for the last two reps, but was still able to get it up. Really great!!!

Dips 3x8 on 8 <-- Failed on the 4th rep of the third set again. Was really spent after the main three, so i was not really suprised. Happy i did well on the other three!

Great day, really happy with the rest i will be getting this weekend, i feel like i need it.

LuNa
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
I have had a pretty hectic week with assignments and such that i missed two sessions. Now that everything returned to normal i will be picking it up once again. I also decided to start a cut, because i dont like what i am seeing in the mirror anymore. I am setting up my diet and doing some more reading about nutrition and will start the cut next week. Cant wait to go back to the gym!

tomv
07-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Remember that with a cut strength gains may slow down (though as someone who is fairly new to lifting you may get away with it). What course are you doing at USYD?

LuNa
07-23-2009, 05:11 AM
Remember that with a cut strength gains may slow down (though as someone who is fairly new to lifting you may get away with it). What course are you doing at USYD?

I hope that when taking it slow in the beginning i might indeed get away with it.

I am doing a Master in Logistics Management. What are you doing?

benno
07-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Good to see everything coming back to normal luna. All the best!

mcdonough9395
07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Damn man havent stopped in here in awhile and i must say youre looking strong. Killer progress. Our Squat and Dead are real close to each other now too. Always good to have someone on the same level to add some motivation. Keep it up dude.

LuNa
07-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Damn man havent stopped in here in awhile and i must say youre looking strong. Killer progress. Our Squat and Dead are real close to each other now too. Always good to have someone on the same level to add some motivation. Keep it up dude.

Good to see everything coming back to normal luna. All the best!

Thanks a lot guys. I will be spending a bit more time in the journal section so make sure you keep your work up :P.

LuNa
07-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Squat
Warm ups
3x5x100kg <-- So happy i decided to go for it again. I decided i was a bit scared of increasing the weight because it felt heavy. Decided to set the pins a little higher so i would be able to bail out. Finished all sets and the feeling was brilliant!

OH Press
Warm ups
3x5x50kg <-- Missed the last rep, but was really happy with the overall result. Will keep the weight the same and aim for finishing all reps

Power clean
Warm ups
5x3x55kg <-- I was pretty tired however i was still able to get 3-4 good sets. It is not so much heavy, it is more form and tiredness. Going to increase the weight once and see what happens. If form goes off much i am going to deload.

Incline bicep curl 1x8x16's Hate bicep work, hate it. After just squatting 100kg i dont want to use a 16kg dumbbell :p.

Farmer walk with 32 kg dumbbell Did 100 steps which was round the gym twice. I dont think they ever seen someone run around the machines like that.

LuNa
07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
The cut that i am starting on Monday is going to look like this. I am going to control carbs and increase fats. Protein will be high. My maintenance is around 3500 cals which i figured out during my bulk.

So i will start off with 3200 cals on workout days and 3000 cals on non workout days. I am trying to cut out anything processed or which is hard to measure/weigh.

Macros will be this for now but might be adjusted as i go on:
P/C/F
40/40/20
Ideas for now are that i will have to increase protein and decrease carbs but i want to try this out.

Will be using Fitday again to track everything. Will also post start measurements and weight on Monday.

The goal of the cut is to go down to around 90 kg (200lbs) which means i have to drop around 20 kg (45 lbs). I have given myself around 4-5 months which comes down to 1 kg (2 lbs) a week on average. Some weeks can be a bit higher since i have a lot to loose. Really hope that i can do it in the time that i set.

More info will come!

Unholy
07-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Post some before pics. Front, back, sides, legs.

Its the best way to track progress besides the scale and it will help give us some insight as to where you are currently at.

As far as the diet goes.

Run what you have drawn out, see how your body responds. If you stall I would make the following changes.

I would shoot for 100-120g of fat, mostly healthy a day. Decrease carbs slightly and bump protein a bit.

Don't go for % macros but rather shoot for certain macro numbers. 120/150/275 might be a good start. You can then play with carb ups every 3-4 days and draw from either fat or carbs as your progress stalls. Always keep protein high.

nockits
07-25-2009, 07:23 PM
haha yeah! i know what you mean. good point, its gonna feel heavy cuz it is heavy. i like that.
keep up the work, i'm liking your progress!

LuNa
07-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Post some before pics. Front, back, sides, legs.

Its the best way to track progress besides the scale and it will help give us some insight as to where you are currently at.

As far as the diet goes.

Run what you have drawn out, see how your body responds. If you stall I would make the following changes.

I would shoot for 100-120g of fat, mostly healthy a day. Decrease carbs slightly and bump protein a bit.

Don't go for % macros but rather shoot for certain macro numbers. 120/150/275 might be a good start. You can then play with carb ups every 3-4 days and draw from either fat or carbs as your progress stalls. Always keep protein high.

Thanks a lot Unholy! Will post more details and pictures tomorrow. Its going to be really exciting to see what happens.

LuNa
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
haha yeah! i know what you mean. good point, its gonna feel heavy cuz it is heavy. i like that.
keep up the work, i'm liking your progress!

Thanks Nockits!

LuNa
07-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Squats:
Warm ups
3x5x102.5 <-- Felt really heavy, form was ok nothing special. Happy to have increased it again though.

Bench Press:
Warm ups
1x2x70kg
1x2x70kg
1x5x60kg <-- Think i was pretty tired after my squats. Also did not like the set up of the bench, something felt off. Will try again on Friday

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x142.5 <-- Felt really good. Switched grips for the last 2 and could just grind out the last rep. Really happy with this especially after the heavy squats

Dips 3x8 on 8 <-- Failed on the 6th rep for the 2nd and 3rd set. Completely spend

Also wanted to do some ab work but was just too tired to do so. Will do it on workout B. Gym was also really busy so i need to start going earlier.

LuNa
07-26-2009, 11:56 PM
First day of the diet. Pretty good, still have around 700 cals left. Current macros are:
F/C/P
Total 2,494 101.8 165.4 217.4

Measurements will follow on Wednesday but here are some pics.

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.07.27.07.49.10.jpg

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.07.27.07.49.45.jpg

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.07.27.07.50.19.jpg

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.07.27.07.51.04.jpg

tomv
07-27-2009, 04:45 AM
Good work on getting started on the cut mate, no time like the present, should be lookin leaner in time for all the chicky-babes in summer ;-)

LuNa
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Diet has been good for the last three days. I find it really surprising the effect that cutting carbs, upping fat has on my body. As stated before i am not new to loosing weight however, the last time i did it i was hungry all the time. At the moment i am fuller than i was on my bulk. Great feeling. Weight today was 108.7kg.

Squats:
Warm ups
3x5x105kg <-- I had my mp3 player on but i think i was grunting pretty bad seeing as people were staring at me. It was heavy, but what a great feeling after finishing the three sets.

OH press:
Warm ups
1x3x50kg
1x5x40kg <-- Felt some soreness while warming up in my pecs and triceps. Did some stretching but the soreness remained. It was too much for 50kg so i dropped the weight a bit but the pain remained. Called it quits after the second set. I think it was DOMS from Monday and i dont really feel it now, so i am not too worried. A bit of rest should be fine.

Power clean:
Warm ups
5x3x55kg <-- Not finishing all sets of the press left me with enough energy for the clean. Form felt spot on and the weight felt light. Really happy seeing as form was sloppy the last couple of times which i now know was due to tiredness.

Measurements still have to come. Hope to get them on Friday or otherwise next week. I dropped around 800 grams since last Friday so i am right on schedule.

musclemick
07-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Pretty nice progression curve! Good luck with the cut :) Will be interesting to see how it goes, 4 months til those warm summer months ;)

musclemick
07-31-2009, 05:57 AM
Also I seen your post in Bennos BGB Journal.. Saying your fat ass cant do chins :P put it this way, get your ass doing chins and you'll get some big wide fat lats! :)

LuNa
07-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Pretty nice progression curve! Good luck with the cut :) Will be interesting to see how it goes, 4 months til those warm summer months ;)

Also I seen your post in Bennos BGB Journal.. Saying your fat ass cant do chins :P put it this way, get your ass doing chins and you'll get some big wide fat lats!

Cheers mate! Deffinitely have to pick up doing chins again. Loosing a bit of weight should also make it easier to do :).

LuNa
07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Weight: 106.3

Pretty big drop, 3 kg in one week. It is mostly water weight though because i have increased the amount of water that i drink to feel a bit fuller during the day. The diet is going pretty well. I let myself have some carbs yesterday which felt pretty good. I havent touched alcohol in a week which feels great personally, however explaining why is getting old :p.

Squat:
Warm ups
2x5x100kg <-- Went a bit lighter because my shoulder was still a bit sore. I think i strained with benching with poor form and not doing enough reps. On a happier note, this weight finally felt pretty light.

Bench press:
Warm ups
3x5x60kg <-- Felt light and it didnt hurt. I am going to look at Dave Tate's video and try and perfect my form a bit. I feel that is where i went wrong. The weight might go up a little bit, just to keep it challenging.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x145kg <-- This felt really heavy and i had to give it all i had. Form was a little bit sloppy on the last three and i think i didnt lock out the third one properly. Will keep it here for next week.

Didnt do dips because of my shoulder.

The cut is making me feel great. I feel a lot leaner, hungry (its been a while) and not as bloated. I do notice more DOMS but ill have to get used to that. I am going to miss Mondays workout because of class (9 to 9) but maybe the rest will do my shoulder good. Will be hitting it 100% on Wednesday.

benno
08-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Also I seen your post in Bennos BGB Journal.. Saying your fat ass cant do chins :P put it this way, get your ass doing chins and you'll get some big wide fat lats! :)

Haha, good advice i must say.. Coming from someone with quite large and thick lats :)

Luna - Great work posting up the pics and work hard on that cut. Will be very interested to see your results over the next few weeks. Great stuff on the 3 main lifts too, bench, deads and squats. The time has become, stronger and leaner, DO IT. Best of luck.

LuNa
08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Haha, good advice i must say.. Coming from someone with quite large and thick lats :)

Luna - Great work posting up the pics and work hard on that cut. Will be very interested to see your results over the next few weeks. Great stuff on the 3 main lifts too, bench, deads and squats. The time has become, stronger and leaner, DO IT. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot Benno. It is great to receive all this advice because i really feel that i finally know what to do to get where i want to be. It feels awesome :).

Diet has been good the last couple days. I had one low carb beer, because it was one of my friends birthdays. It is funny to remain sober while everyone gets drunk. Yesterday diet was awesome. I pre packed most of my food which kept me on the diet really well. I cant wait to go the gym tomorrow!

tomv
08-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Good to see you are keeping consistent with the diet mate! You will be amazed at the results a good consistent diet will produce. Keep at it.

LuNa
08-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Good to see you are keeping consistent with the diet mate! You will be amazed at the results a good consistent diet will produce. Keep at it.

Thanks alot Tom!

LuNa
08-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Great to get myself back in the gym today. It was really busy today (semester started again) but i got the work done.

Squat:
Warm ups
3x5x100kg <-- Shoulder was still a bit sore, but much less. Will be picking it up again on Friday. Lightweight baby!

Benchpress:
Warm ups
3x5x60kg <-- Used a different bench today because the others were taken and surprisingly this setup felt much better. I did alot of warm up sets today because i am trying to get the form down which is explained in Dave Tate's video. Seems to be going well, but i have a tendency to due more of a tricep extension. Will try and improve this.

Deadlift:
Warm ups
1x5x145kg <-- This felt awesome. Better and lighter than last week. Switched grip on the third rep which was better. I do need to improve my grip a bit so i might do a little more warm up sets.

Dips:
3x6 on 8
1x4 on 8 <-- I decided to do less reps per set, but increase sets so i could get more reps in. Worked pretty well. Will be doing this for chins as well.

Diet has been really good. I allowed myself a bit of a carb up last night which resulted in a weight of 108.1. Not to bothered about the gain because i know it is water weight. The weight on Friday matters more. Will keep going!

LuNa
08-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Diet is still going well. I am feeling pretty energy less from the restriction of carbs. Soreness is getting more of a problem. I decided to not increase my squats anymore when i am still sore. Weight was 107.4, which gives me a loss of 1 kg a week. Perfect rate of loss. Strength is still good, however my left shoulder is still sore. Especially when doing the press and a bit less when doing squats.

Squats:
3x5x100kg <-- Had to use a different cage which felt (it was wider than my usual rack) a bit off. The squats felt ok, strength is pretty good.

Press:
1x5x30kg <-- This was my first warm up set and the pain was too annoying. It is nothing really bad, but enough to let me know i shouldnt be doing the press. Going to try and keep it warm during the weekend, keep benching light and see what happens.

Power cleans:
5x3x57.5 <-- had enough energy for this which was great. Form was good, i think i can increase it without loosing form.

Decline sit-ups, biggest decline:
1x12
1x8

Didnt do chins because people were hogging the chin bars.

I am getting a bit paranoid about loosing muscle mass due to the low volume i am doing if i take out the shoulder press for now. The last thing i want is to loose the mass that i gained. Any input on switching routines or tips on what to do?

LuNa
08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Just had a 500 gram steak. Diets can be soooooo good. 110 grams of protein, no carbs and around 10 grams of fat. I decided i need to be stricter in terms of refeeds. I havent really been doing any, just one and when i did i felt great. I am going to take Unholy's advice and have a refeed every third day. My energy is going way too low and its affecting my workout. My first refeed will be on Sunday to get me alive and kicking for Monday's workout. Also thinking about getting some caffeine pills, but i first want to try this.

Also keep thinking about ordering a good 6 month supply of AtLarge supplements but i cant justify shipping cost to be more than the actual supplements :clown:.

Dieting like this is gooooodddd.

tomv
08-08-2009, 01:16 AM
At your age and experience level Luna, if you continue on a well planned and moderate diet (no massive caloric deficit) I believe you will lose very, very little muscle mass. You're a young guy, our bodies are wired to put on and maintain muscle at the moment. I think the refeeds are a good idea to keep the energy up for workouts though, following Unholy's advice in general is probably just a good idea :P.

LuNa
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
At your age and experience level Luna, if you continue on a well planned and moderate diet (no massive caloric deficit) I believe you will lose very, very little muscle mass. You're a young guy, our bodies are wired to put on and maintain muscle at the moment. I think the refeeds are a good idea to keep the energy up for workouts though, following Unholy's advice in general is probably just a good idea :P.

Thanks alot Tom, that was really what i needed.

LuNa
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Had a carb up last night so a bit of a pump but i think i could go for a bit more carbs. Shoulder was still a bit sore so i am going to keep it warm during the evenings and nights. Session was pretty good, strength is staying up.

Squats:
3x5x100kg <-- Was back in "my" squat rack. Felt pretty good eventhough i was a little bit sore in my shoulder.

Bench:
3x5x60kg <-- This new form is a bit tricky and i dont want to increase before i get it down. The last set was the best one though.

Deadlift:
1x5x147.5kg <-- I LOVE this exercise. Vains were popping and it felt sooooo good. Heavy, but good. 150 on Friday, here i come!

LuNa
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I am taking a day off today. The shoulder was pretty sore this morning. Going to take a warm shower and keep it warm the rest of the day. Legs were pretty tired aswell. Diet has been really good the last couple of days. Im really getting used to this. Will be back full strength on Friday.

LuNa
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Back in the gym again. It was pretty hot in there and eventhough i was only squatting and deadlifting, i was dripping in sweat. Weight today was 106.5, so i am right on schedule. Also did some measurements and the waist is dropping nicely. Will give an update when i am one month into the cut.

Squat:
3x5x100kg

Deadlift:
1x5x150kg <-- This was pretty big for me. Grip was completely off after the first rep, so i switched to mixed. I made some emberassing noises getting the weight up. It was a sqeek instead of a grunt :p. Luckily nobody uses the platform. I LOVE Deadlifting.

Hammer curls:
3x8x16's

Its going pretty well and my calories are perfect according to the latest article and my goal weight.

tomv
08-14-2009, 04:20 AM
Deadlift:
1x5x150kg <-- This was pretty big for me. Grip was completely off after the first rep, so i switched to mixed. I made some emberassing noises getting the weight up. It was a sqeek instead of a grunt :p. Luckily nobody uses the platform. I LOVE Deadlifting.

"There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."

- Jon Pall Sigmarsson

LuNa
08-14-2009, 06:30 PM
"There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."

- Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Totally agree.

LuNa
08-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Squat:
3x5x100kg

Power Cleans:
5x3x60kg <-- Form was sloppy and i think the weight was a bit too much. Going to keep it here and if form does not improve, maybe drop it a little.

Chins:
Various <-- I did two sets on the assisted one, and two negatives. The unassisted ones were pretty hardcore. I felt it through my whole core trying to stabilize my body. Going to try doing a bit more of these.

Abs: Decline sit-ups
1x12
1x9

Had a bit off a set back on the weekend, because i had some alcohol. Did try and make up for it a bit on Sunday, but still felt guilty. Picked it up in this new week and everything is great again. Almost one month in, so it will be interesting to see some results.

tomv
08-18-2009, 05:06 AM
What's goin on with the squats mate? Haven't moved up in a while.

benno
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
What's goin on with the squats mate? Haven't moved up in a while. <----- This.

Great job on the 150kg x 5 deads too :hello:

LuNa
08-18-2009, 05:55 PM
What's goin on with the squats mate? Haven't moved up in a while.

I decided to keep the squats at the same weight to maintain strength while cutting. I feel going up now wouldnt be a good idea, according to what i read about cutting. Do you think i should just try and go up? Seeing as this is my first cut i am a bit unsure about things.

LuNa
08-18-2009, 05:56 PM
<----- This.

Great job on the 150kg x 5 deads too :hello:

Thanks Benno :).

tomv
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I've never actually tried to "cut" as you are so I can't speak from experience, but I can't see the harm in trying to advance at say 2.5kg a week at least? Especially at your experience level, I think there's still a lot of gains to be made from just getting more comfortable with the exercise.

LuNa
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Feeling pretty good. I switched my breakfast to oats again (after being sick of them) and they keep me satisfied a lot longer than what i was doing. I feel pretty lean which is funny because i am still fat :p.

Squat:
3x5x102.5 <-- I thought i was going to fail on the last rep but with some grunting i got it up. Had to sit down for a minute afterwards though.

Deadlift:
1x5x150kg <-- Grip is horrible. I start loosing it on the first rep. I am going to switch to mixed, but make sure to work on grip a bit more.

Hammer Curls:
3x8x16kg <-- Just because i like doing them :p.

Hopefully i have lost a bit of weight when i weigh myself on Saturday.

LuNa
08-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I've never actually tried to "cut" as you are so I can't speak from experience, but I can't see the harm in trying to advance at say 2.5kg a week at least? Especially at your experience level, I think there's still a lot of gains to be made from just getting more comfortable with the exercise.

I am going to aim for 5kg a week, with increases on Monday and Friday. I started it off today with an increase. Thanks for all the advice Tom, it is very much appreciated.

LuNa
08-21-2009, 10:40 PM
So i am feeling pretty skinny lately, which is nice for a change, but the weight drop this week was not as big as expected. I weighed in at 106.1 which is about 0.5 kg this week. A loss is a loss but i was hoping on at least a kg. Diet has been pretty good, except for last weekend which might have been the reason for the small drop. I am going to do some measurements next week and see if am at least dropping cm's.

Squat:
3x5x105kg <-- It was quiet in the gym so i could grunt a little more which helped :p. It felt pretty good but i am not looking forward to the increase next week.

Power clean:
5x3x60kg <-- Form was ok, not strong enough though to consider an increase. I am also getting some bruising on my left front deltoid, which tells me form could be better.

Chin-ups:
1x1 negative
1x1 negative

Hammer curls:
3x8x16's <-- No failed reps. I am going to switch to 5x5 for two weeks with the 18kg dumbbells, and then switch back to 3x8 to induce a bit more growth.

Pretty good day, gym was empty which is great. Afterwards i spent about half hour looking at some strongmen train. Now that was impressive!

LuNa
08-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Right, so i have been feeling a bit bad because of this weeks result. I need to pick up the loss if i want to look lean by summer time, Australian summer ofcourse ;). Especially now that i am increasing weights on the lifts again i need to focus more on refeeds and such to maybe gain some more muscle while loosing fat. I have been looking at doing some carb cycling and i will play around with fitday a bit to find out what typical days could look like. Going to have two high days and the rest relatively low. Monday and Wednesday would be high, the rest low. Will post the details when i am done.

ZenMonkey
08-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Lookin good man! If you need help setting up a cycle gimme a shout, Im more than happy to help. Once you go carb cycle youll love it.

LuNa
08-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Lookin good man! If you need help setting up a cycle gimme a shout, Im more than happy to help. Once you go carb cycle youll love it.

Thanks for the help, i have been reading about it a bit, but i am still lost a bit. My current low days seem to be 200gr which doesnt seem really low. I can use all the help that people are willing to give, so thanks in advance.

LuNa
08-25-2009, 02:19 AM
So had my first high carb day. Energy is insanely high :p. These are my current macros:
Cals F/C/P
2819 28.0 440.5 201.3
Aiming to have a pre bed meal with a bit more protein. Tomorrow will be a low day again but i do wonder how i will feel in the gym on Thursday. Today was pretty good.

Squat:
3x5x107.5 <-- Felt good. I am still using a box to gauge depth but i am going to remove the box during warm ups.

Deadlift:
1x5x152.5 <-- Pretty good, i am getting close to my personal goal.

Hammer curls:
5x5x18kg <-- Didnt fail any reps so i might try 20kg next time.

Energy was good and i wonder how i will feel tomorrow after all these carbs.

LuNa
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Feeling really good today. Legs are a bit tired but they should feel better after some long walks to get the blood flowing. Today is going to be low carb, as low as possible just to see how that goes. I am just trying this carb cycling out, because i dont really know how it works :p. Should have a complete plan for next week though.

LuNa
08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
So today is another high carb day. I tried a no carb day yesterday and it didnt work out. Late afternoon i felt like **** so i decided to have some carbs which made me feel a lot better. I think moderation works better so i am going to have low (max 200g) and high (450-500g) days. Going to have high days on Monday and Friday and the rest are low. This is similar to my previous plans but with longer refeeds.
I am also reading the book Ultimate Diet 2.0. (Thanks again Zen) This will give me more ideas about cycling and i will adjust things where i see fit. Furthermore, i might try one 4 week cycle of UD2.0 in December, but that is still far far away. Pictures will come on Saturday.

Todays workout
Squat:
3x5x110kg <-- Almost failed on the last rep. Had a sticking point but worked through it. I am going to increase because my goal is coming really close :p.

OH press:
2x15xbar <-- recoup work. Shoulder felt ok but i need to wait to see how it feels later on.

Power clean:
5x3x60kg <-- Form was pretty good. I can still make some gains by keeping at this weight so will do that.

Hammer Curls:
5x5x20's <-- Failed on the last two sets. Will keep working on it. I have been doing this as an experiment to see if my body likes volume or frequency. At this point frequency seems to be ok, i can recover easily before every day. Will have to see if there is any growth though.

Abs:
Decline sit-ups
1x12
1x9
Leg raises
1x10

tomv
08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Keep up the awesome work on squats Luna!

LuNa
08-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Keep up the awesome work on squats Luna!

Thanks Tom! Every time i increase it i think of your comments :P.

LuNa
08-28-2009, 11:43 PM
So, i didnt loose any weight this week. Weighed in at 106.6 today. Not going to let this hold me back, because it was a week with trying out carb cycling. Next week has to be better. I am also looking to add a day where i do a short workout with complexes. They look like fun and i can use the extra "cardio".

Squat:
3x5x112.5kg <-- These scare the **** out of me :p. Almost failed on the last rep again but i pulled it off. Increase :p.

Deadlift:
1x5x155kg <-- This felt awesome. It is heavy, but going heavy on deadlifts is different than squats. I am getting so close to my goal that i can not wait to increase this again.

Bench press:
2x15xbar <-- Light recoup work

Didnt do any additional work because my arms are sore. 5x5 on the hammer curls with 3 times a week is too much. I will probably reduce it to two times, or do 3x8. It feels good getting to know what works.

tomv
08-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Yo Luna when you can mate you should make the trek over to North Sydney PCYC where Heavy Metal Powerlifting Club trains.

Good place to train and get a bit of motivation as well as get some tips on form (e.g. Power Cleans ;-)

Let me know when you are and I'll try and make sure some Powerlifters will be there training.

LuNa
08-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Yo Luna when you can mate you should make the trek over to North Sydney PCYC where Heavy Metal Powerlifting Club trains.

Good place to train and get a bit of motivation as well as get some tips on form (e.g. Power Cleans ;-)

Let me know when you are and I'll try and make sure some Powerlifters will be there training.

Googling it right now. Saturdays are pretty good at my gym because there are a lot of Strongmen training there, but i could deff use some help with my major lifts. Thanks for the headsup!

LuNa
08-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I am really sore today. Especially my lower back is feeling it. It was one hell of a workout yesterday :). Going to do some small walks today to get the blood flowing. I have also found the complexes that i will be doing, they look amazing and a lot of fun. This is the one found in this article:
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/screw_cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

Ill be doing the one made by Alwyn Cosgrove:
Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Bentover Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

I am looking forward to doing this but i am pretty sure it will kick my ass, exactly what i need :p.

LuNa
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
So yesterday was a day off from the gym. I had class from 9-9 and two assignments that i had to work on. I did feel that it wasnt too bad because i felt that some of my joints were sore. Diet has been great. All carbs, except for veggies and fruits are out my diet. I am feeling pretty good and looking forward to the gym on Wednesday.

LuNa
09-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, i couldnt resist to weigh myself today, after having some awesome days diet wise. 105,5, which means i am already down 1 kg. Really hope this is not water weight :p due to the restriction in carbs. Workout today was on a completely different level.

Squat:
3x5x115kg <-- I am not sure what was up, but this felt completely different intensity wise. For some reason it felt like i could get a lot more strength from my muscles. Not sure if its possible, but it felt like a change in CNS. Awesome that i was able to do it. I was smiling from ear to ear during the rest time because i cant believe how close i am getting to three plates per side and my goal.

Deadlift:
1x5x157.5kg <-- Tried to not lift in front of the mirror today. Felt pretty good even though it feels a bit unnatural. The weight was heavy, but not heavy that i would fail. 160 next time it is!

Bench Press:
3x5x30kg <-- Form is much better now that i am doing recoup work with low weights. Really focussing on the form by Dave Tate. Feels very tight.

No accessory work because i was reasonably low on carbs the last couple of days so wanted to keep volume low. However, awesome feeling when i was done. Bit of a tight back, but that should go away with some rest.

Jboy
09-02-2009, 12:41 AM
I am jealous of your squats. I'm only at 70kgs can't wait to hit the 100kg club for them.

LuNa
09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
I am jealous of your squats. I'm only at 70kgs can't wait to hit the 100kg club for them.

Hehe, i have to say squatting is really a mental thing. Sometimes you have to push through certain barriers because your body is able to do it, but your mind isnt. Keep working hard and you will be there soon enough!

Jboy
09-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Hehe, i have to say squatting is really a mental thing. Sometimes you have to push through certain barriers because your body is able to do it, but your mind isnt. Keep working hard and you will be there soon enough!

Don't you worry my mind is 100% focused on the job. I want to rush it but I'm holding back and going through it properly.

LuNa
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Don't you worry my mind is 100% focused on the job. I want to rush it but I'm holding back and going through it properly.

I think it was more to say about myself :p. I had a hard time going past 100kg because i was afraid i would fail on a rep. Decided to set the pins correctly and just go for it.

Its a good thing what you are doing, there is no rush.

yasher
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Your lifts are lookin great, man!

I didn't mean to nick your thread title - I was thinking about it for a day or so and I must have seen yours at some point and thought it was a good one :)

LuNa
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks!

No worries. Before you know it you are asking the mods to change yours because you finished your journey to strength :)

LuNa
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
So, today it felt like it wasnt my day. I threw my morning shake all over the ground and hit my head twice. However, the scale made up for it a bit: 105.75. Thats a 1kg drop after a week of hard work which shows that i can really do it if i stay focussed.

Todays workout
Squat:
3x5x117.5kg <-- This was soooooo heavy. Had a guy spot me on the last set because i already came close to failure on the 2nd set. I didnt need his help, but him standing there made me push even harder. Felt like passing out after i was done. I never ever want to do squats again! Well untill the next WO.

OH Press:
2x8x30kg
1x5x30kg <-- Didnt want to go to heavy already and I felt really tired after the squats.

Power Clean:
1x3x60kg <-- I was exhausted. Form was so bad i stopped before i would hurt myself in some way.

So, happy about the PR, not so happy ill have to squat 120kg and deadlift 160kg next time. Starting Strength is kicking my ass!

tomv
09-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Luna you're becoming a beast mate! Don't you dare slow down now :P. I will come in to the city and whoop your Dutch ass! haha

LuNa
09-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Luna you're becoming a beast mate! Don't you dare slow down now :P. I will come in to the city and whoop your Dutch ass! haha

Haha thanks mate. Seriously, today when i was finished i was thinking. **** you Tom, for making me increase this. You are a great motivation. Thanks a lot.

LuNa
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Last night was a calculated cheat for me. I saved around half of my daily cals so i could eat with some people i invited. Had some low carb beers as well. Today i did the complexes to make up for what i had last night.

The complexes were fun however, i was finished after 12 mins. I was sweating pretty heavily, but seeing that i have to walk for half an hour to get to the gym, 12 mins is just too short. I also felt that it messed with my recovery because i felt pain in certain muscles. I think i will just keep it to three days of heavy lifting a week with enough rest. I rather cut on the cals when needed just now than adding cardio. But it was fun to do something else for a change!

LuNa
09-06-2009, 12:20 AM
My hamstrings are really sore today. Normally all feeling of soreness is gone but the complexes extended it i guess. Diet today has been a bit off. I have only had around 900 cals because i didnt have anything in the house to eat. Will need to make up for that tonight. Tomorrow is going to be an off day again from the gym because i have class from 9-9 again. I guess its not that bad seeing i done the complexes on Saturday.

LuNa
09-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Diet is going pretty well. I like not having the carbs at night, makes me feel a lot better. I do feel that protein is lacking a bit so i need to pick that up. I did finally finish my ON 100% vanilla, which was disgusting. It has been replaced with Rocky road which is amazing, even in water. I also got the ON creatine which uses Creapure, so i am all good to go. Wont be much of a change though because i was already using creatine. Still, i am going for the placebo effect!:hello:

I am looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow. I am feeling pretty lean (im not:clown:) nowadays and actually enjoy what i am seeing in the mirror. This should be keep getting better with every week/month.

tomv
09-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Diet is going pretty well. I like not having the carbs at night, makes me feel a lot better. I do feel that protein is lacking a bit so i need to pick that up. I did finally finish my ON 100% vanilla, which was disgusting. It has been replaced with Rocky road which is amazing, even in water. I also got the ON creatine which uses Creapure, so i am all good to go. Wont be much of a change though because i was already using creatine. Still, i am going for the placebo effect!:hello:

I am looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow. I am feeling pretty lean (im not:clown:) nowadays and actually enjoy what i am seeing in the mirror. This should be keep getting better with every week/month.

Sure will mate, you won't know yourself in 6 months. Dutch Dud -> Dutch Dominator!

Off Road
09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Good job pounding out those squats. Watch the complexes and make sure they don't interfere with any of your main lifts.

LuNa
09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Today was a bad day at the gym. I am having some mental problems with working out, it is just not fun anymore. My legs have been constantly sore since last week. I think it was a combination of the complexes together with the cutting diet. I might change some things to see if it works better with my cut.

Squat:
1x5x120kg
1x3x120kg <-- Failed on the 4th rep. My legs were shaking and really sore. However, i also feel that this was mentally. I was expecting to fail, which ofcourse happened. I decided to quit after the second set and go on with the rest.

OH Press:
3x5x40kg <-- I havent pressed "heavy" for a while but this felt super light. I still feel some soreness in my left shoulder but this goes away after i put the bar down. I am going to increase it slowly again, with 2.5kg each time.

Power Clean:
5x3x60kg <-- Form was on the spot because i wasnt too tired. I am going to keep it here because form can be better and i dont see the need to increase it.

Abs:
Decline sit-upsx6 <-- Abs were really sore for some reason, so decided to cut it short.

I guess it was just a bad day, however i do feel mentally and physically burned out. I think Starting Strength on a cut might be a bit much, so i might change it a little to make it fit better. Really dont want to deviate but i feel i wouldnt be able to keep this up. Sucks!

Unholy
09-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Whats the weight at?

Off Road
09-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you and Zen had bad effects from the compounds. I'm glad I took it easy to start those.

LuNa
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Whats the weight at?

I weighed today and it was at 105.1kg. Means i dropped around 4-5kg in 5-6 weeks.

LuNa
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Sounds like you and Zen had bad effects from the compounds. I'm glad I took it easy to start those.

I think it was going to the gym back to back with pretty decent intensity. It could also be because you are just a lot stronger than i am and i cant take a bit of hard work :read:

tomv
09-09-2009, 04:27 AM
I would keep Off Roads comment in mind though, take it easy with the Complexes, your recovery ability isn't as developed yet.

LuNa
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I would keep Off Roads comment in mind though, take it easy with the Complexes, your recovery ability isn't as developed yet.

Yeah, i will. I wasnt planning on doing them again because it took me more time to get to the gym than that i was there. I also dont feel i really need any cardio yet. Thanks for the help, guys!

LuNa
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Last night i took a small break from the diet and i had three beers. That was really all i needed to get my ass back into gear. I am really looking forward to tomorrows gym session. Im also going to make this a no carb day to make up for last night. Will post what i plan to eat later on today. I think i might start planning a week ahead to see if that makes it easier to control. Weight is still dropping which is good. Stay tuned though, we have a long way to go :hello:

Off Road
09-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Stay tuned though, we have a long way to go :hello:
I'm staying tuned...:hello:

galileo
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
5kg in 6 weeks is pretty good, keep it up.

I love beers too, so I approve.

LuNa
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys!

So here is todays diet:

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.10.04.42.19.jpg

There are no veggies, because i dont count them. Expect broccoli, onions, mushrooms, green beans and what not throughout the day. Fruit is being kept at a minimum due to low carbs.

Fish oil will be 9 caps, but i only have had three yet and i use this to keep count :p.

LuNa
09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Great workout today. The mind is again completely focussed which is really what i needed. Weight is 104.8 which means i have dropped another kilo. Its going pretty well, i must say :clown:.

Front Squat
3x5x60kg

Bench Press:
3x5x50kg

Deadlift:
1x5x160kg

Reverse Hyper:
1x8x30kg

Goodmorning:
2x8x30kg

Barbell Curl:
3x8x30kg

I was really happy with the deadlift PR. Every rep went up pretty well. The last one was a grinder but it felt awesome. Front squats were light but i do like them. I am loving the change, which was really needed. The reverse hypers and goodmornings were to try out. I liked the goodmorning because my hamstrings got a really nice stretch. Curls were for teh pump in teh bicepts!!!!111!

LuNa
09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
The diet so far is below. Carbs are higher today, fats lower. I am aiming for about 250 grams of carbs. I need to check how high i want to make my high, low and no days. I have been aiming for the following:

High: minimum of 250
Low: maximum of 150
No: maximum of 100, lower is better.

High might need to be higher and No might be lower. Its set up like this at the moment for comfort.

Todays diet:
http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.11.06.47.43.jpg

LuNa
09-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Played squash today with the girlfriend. Wasnt as out of breath as i first expected so thats pretty good. Diet today seems ok, might have gone a bit overboard with the steak:clown:. Today:

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.12.08.17.07.jpg

Dinner will be a salad so should be almost carb free. Pretty happy with the last couple of days.

Off Road
09-12-2009, 07:16 AM
You can NEVER go overboard with steak :)

musclemick
09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Lookin good since I dropped in last time Luna.

A big steak every now and then is ok .... with prawns...... and garlic sauce..... *drooooooooolz*

galileo
09-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Mmmm, steak.

Grilled chicken for me tonight.

LuNa
09-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Lookin good since I dropped in last time Luna.

A big steak every now and then is ok .... with prawns...... and garlic sauce..... *drooooooooolz*

:drooling:

So today will be a no carb day seeing as i had two glasses of wine last night and some biscuits. Im a little bloated so a no carb day will have me feeling skinny again by no time. Will post what today looked like later.

LuNa
09-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Today was a good day however i do feel pretty hungry now. Cant wait to go to bed and start the high carb day.

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.13.13.31.43.jpg

LuNa
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Front Squat:
3x5x70kg

OH Press:
3x5x42.5kg

Power Clean
5x3x60kg

Romanian Deadlift:
3x8x60kg

Short but sweet.

Current macros for the day are: Total/F/C/P
1,768/48.1/157.6/166.8

Tonight is going to be a whole bunch of carbs, which i am really looking forward to :drooling:

Off Road
09-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice looking workout. My back is pumped just reading it. Dang kilograms though...I'm going to have to break out my calculator. I hate math :evillaugh:

LuNa
09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Nice looking workout. My back is pumped just reading it. Dang kilograms though...I'm going to have to break out my calculator. I hate math :evillaugh:

Lol :clown:. I have to say i have become quite good at converting them from the top of my head because thats the only way i can compare myself with others on the board.

LuNa
09-15-2009, 03:35 AM
So today has been a bit of a weird day diet wise. Havent been really hungry since i cut out all carbs at breakfast. These are my macros: Total/F/C/P
1,256 60.0 19.2 157.6

Might have a shake tonight depending on if im hungry. Being without carbs makes me feel pretty good and im not planning on eating unless im hungry seeing as i had about 3500 cals yesterday on my high day.

Wonder how tomorrow in the gym will feel like.

LuNa
09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Front Squat
3x5x72.5kg <-- I took my time to do these and keep everything tight. Every rep felt awesome except for the last one on the third set. I lost tightness in the hole which sucked. I think that was also happening on my back squats.

Bench Press:
3x5x55kg <-- Felt light, form is ok. Im not sure why but i dont like any of the benches we have. Maybe its me.

Deadlift:
1x5x162.5 <-- Wow, now this came close to failure. The last one took about 15 mins (or so it seemed) to get it to lockout. I did finish every rep but the last one was ugly. I might keep the weight here depending on energy levels next week after a good weekend.

Barbell Curls:
2x8x30kg
1x6x30kg <-- Pump was pretty good, even though i was low on carbs.

Energy throughout the workout was relatively low. I yawned a couple of times which is prob due to the low calories i had. Will have to keep that up more. The change to Front squats is pretty good. Im feeling good.

Jboy
09-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Deadlift:
1x5x162.5 <-- Wow, now this came close to failure.
^ Nice work man.

The DL PR's are spurring me on to whoop your @$$ :evillaugh::whip::evillaugh:. Still at 110kgs though so don't hold your breath :thumbup:.

LuNa
09-16-2009, 04:02 AM
^ Nice work man.

The DL PR's are spurring me on to whoop your @$$ :evillaugh::whip::evillaugh:. Still at 110kgs though so don't hold your breath :thumbup:.

Lol, this means i cant keep the weight the same. Must increase my lead :indian:

LuNa
09-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Todays diet has been awesome. Current macros:
Cals/F/C/P
Total 1,842/69.6/113.1/180.5

Dinner will be relatively low on carbs so will hit my macro's with easy. Have to get up early in the morning due to Champions League football, damn time difference with Europe!

Jboy
09-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Lol, this means i cant keep the weight the same. Must increase my lead :indian:
Keep on piling it on, imma com'n :strong:

LuNa
09-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Another good no carb day. I cant believe that i am not hungry on this many calories. Normally i would be eating my left foot but without carbs i am completely fine. Macros for the day will be around this: Total/F/C/P
1,654/87.0/16.2/196.1

Hopefully ill have a bit more energy tomorrow in the gym, even though i got up early today.

Clifford Gillmore
09-17-2009, 02:50 AM
Not cutting for summer are you?

LuNa
09-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Not cutting for summer are you?

Unfortunately i am. I should have pretended it was still winter and kept bulking.

ZenMonkey
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice front squatting man! They are unforgiving with form for sure

LuNa
09-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice front squatting man! They are unforgiving with form for sure

Thanks Zen. I really enjoy doing them and the carryover to the power clean is amazing. Form went up on the power clean after doing front squats for two days.

LuNa
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice intense, short session today. Weight is at 103.9. I was surprised seeing as the weight was already down to 104kg on Wednesday. However it is a 1kg drop so im doing pretty well.

Back Squat:
Warm ups
1x20x60kg <-- First time doing these. I think it is a good idea to get my conditioning up while cutting. I really felt like doing these today so it was a lot of fun. My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though. The lower weight is also great for me to keep form perfect.

OH Press:
3x5x45kg

Power Clean:
5x3x62.5 <-- 2.5kg extra and form is completely off. Some reps were good, some were just plain ugly. Its funny that a small increase can do that.

Decline sit-ups:
3x8xhighest <-- might add weight next time i do them

Hammer Curls:
1x8x18's
1x7x18's
1x3x18's

Felt really pumped after the 20 rep squat, will do these more often.

benno
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice intense, short session today. Weight is at 103.9. I was surprised seeing as the weight was already down to 104kg on Wednesday. However it is a 1kg drop so im doing pretty well.

Back Squat:
Warm ups
1x20x60kg <-- First time doing these. I think it is a good idea to get my conditioning up while cutting. I really felt like doing these today so it was a lot of fun. My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though. The lower weight is also great for me to keep form perfect.

OH Press:
3x5x45kg

Power Clean:
5x3x62.5 <-- 2.5kg extra and form is completely off. Some reps were good, some were just plain ugly. Its funny that a small increase can do that.

Decline sit-ups:
3x8xhighest <-- might add weight next time i do them

Hammer Curls:
1x8x18's
1x7x18's
1x3x18's

Felt really pumped after the 20 rep squat, will do these more often.

Luna! Its been a while since i popped in here! :)

Congratz on the weight loss mate! Im looking forward to seeing your after pictures once u finished ur cut. Im sure at 10-12% you'll look good! What are u at the moment?

Haha, 20 rep squats, they sound evil :) I havent tryed them, but will someday :hello:

Keep smashin it bro.

Off Road
09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
My hands went numb after 10 reps which means i am doing something wrong formwise. Not exactly sure what though.
You were probably gripping the bar and trying to hold it in place. Try to find that groove between your shoulders and traps to rest the bar on. A higher bar position is more comfortable with high reps.

LuNa
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
You were probably gripping the bar and trying to hold it in place. Try to find that groove between your shoulders and traps to rest the bar on. A higher bar position is more comfortable with high reps.

Thanks for the advice, Off Road. I did notice my wrists to be extremely flexed and i was gripping rather hard. I also point my elbows back and up instead of keeping them down, if that makes sense. I'll give the high bar position a shot, allthough i must say i used it in the beginning and i prefer low bar more.

Btw, i have even more respect for you doing 20 reps with the weight you are using. I was sweating pretty bad:clown:

Off Road
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I was sweating pretty bad:clown:

You learn to love it :evillaugh:

tomv
09-17-2009, 11:26 PM
You can easily smash out more weight then 60kg(135lbs) Luna :P. My 1RM is 125 (your 5RM seems to be something like 120?) and I did 20x82.5kg :P

LuNa
09-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Luna! Its been a while since i popped in here! :)

Congratz on the weight loss mate! Im looking forward to seeing your after pictures once u finished ur cut. Im sure at 10-12% you'll look good! What are u at the moment?

Haha, 20 rep squats, they sound evil :) I havent tryed them, but will someday :hello:

Keep smashin it bro.

Not sure what bf i am at the moment. I can see the top of my abs and very vaguely an outline of the abs. I would say around 18-20. Im just going to keep going untill im happy.

20 rep squats are really good, at this point. Im pretty sure ill start hating them when they get heavy.

Thanks for dropping in Benno. It has been a while:hello:

LuNa
09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
You can easily smash out more weight then 60kg(135lbs) Luna :P. My 1RM is 125 (your 5RM seems to be something like 120?) and I did 20x82.5kg :P

Pfff, here you go again with motivating me:evillaugh:. Hmm, i was thinking of increasing with 5kg but i guess ill have to go for 10kg. I need to get form down though. Ye last time i did 5 it was 120.

LuNa
09-18-2009, 02:15 AM
I am being a complete post whore today, but hey its my journal :moon:. Macros for today are: Total/F/C/P
2,909/61.3/337.7/245.9

Its been a good day all around :clown:

tomv
09-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Do you/Have you ever thrown up videos of yourself for other people to check out your form? Can be a good way to correct issues that you may not necessarily notice by yourself.

musclemick
09-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Makin good progress luna. After you cut for summer, pack on the mass again :)

LuNa
09-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Do you/Have you ever thrown up videos of yourself for other people to check out your form? Can be a good way to correct issues that you may not necessarily notice by yourself.

Tom I have actually been thinking about this. Ill have to see if that is possible.

Mick Will do. I am looking forward to a long clean bulk.

LuNa
09-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Today has been a difficult day diet wise. Its one of my friends' birthday, so i had to join in :p. Im trying to keep protein high and then make up for any damage tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

LuNa
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Im still feeling incredibly full from my full rack yesterday, so today will be a quiet day to balance it all out. Weird though, im feeling leaner than after my no carb days. Looking forward to healthy eating and the gym tomorrow.

ZenMonkey
09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice work man! My arms will go numbish on 20rep squats too, I wouldnt worry about it. Now, you did 20 rep box squats? Thats impressive.... and maybe sadistic.

LuNa
09-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice work man! My arms will go numbish on 20rep squats too, I wouldnt worry about it. Now, you did 20 rep box squats? Thats impressive.... and maybe sadistic.

Well, i use the box to gauge height rather than to take away the stretch effect. However i have been thinking about it. I was planning on doing SS with front squats for four weeks with the occasional 20 repper. After four weeks i would switch to box squats and then do occasional 20 rep box squats. After this switch back to normal squats.

Its far from impressive yet, but im liking the addition to SS.

LuNa
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
So the weekend was crap, diet wise and im hoping the 1kg i gained is water weight. Anyways, weekend was fun and now im back on low cals again. I feel much better eating healthy and not drinking, who would have thought that.

Front Squats:
3x5x72.5kg <-- doing these in front of a mirror is teh suck. I will have to stop doing that. I find i loose concentration because of it.

Bench Press:
3x5x60kg <-- Finally back to the big boy plates. Im trying to get used to tucking my elbows and i do feel stronger when im really tight. Hopefully with benching like this i can reach my goal before 2010.

Deadlift:
1x5x165kg <-- I was super psyched to do these. The last one was a grinder again but it didnt feel as heavy as the last time. 15kg to go!

No accessory work because i couldnt be bothered!

LuNa
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Hmm, apparently my pc posted the update twice. Weird...

benno
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Good deads mate, way to go! :)

LuNa
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Good deads mate, way to go! :)

Thanks a lot Benno! Should make my deadlifting goal within a month.

tomv
09-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Videos Luna, videos :).

musclemick
09-21-2009, 05:33 AM
You might not be shredded with a 6 pack(yet), but your deadlift is impressive :P

Whats your Deadlift goal luna? Oooohhhh I LOVE DEADLIFTS:)

LuNa
09-21-2009, 06:58 AM
You might not be shredded with a 6 pack(yet), but your deadlift is impressive :P

Whats your Deadlift goal luna? Oooohhhh I LOVE DEADLIFTS:)

Thanks alot. Your deadlift is more impressive though. Im still playing catch up with you and Benno.

For now it is 180 kg. I should make that in about a month. At that point 200kg will be the next goal. After that we will see.

I love deadlifting, it is amazing. The intensity you can put in it is amazing. I completely loose any sense of where i am. Its just me and the weight that needs to go up.

I really want to get a belt though. I feel that could help a bit, however i have no clue what to get.

LuNa
09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Videos Luna, videos :).

I know, i know. Maybe on Friday, when there are less people in the gym.

tomv
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
titan australia sells belts, they are of a good quality and apparently he has great customer service as well.

LuNa
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
titan australia sells belts, they are of a good quality and apparently he has great customer service as well.

Thanks alot for that!

Edit:
Their site is still under construction so im not completely sure what to get. Do you use a belt Tom?

LuNa
09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Yesterday was a good day. Ended the day with the following macro's:
2,305/92.3/144.2/214.9

Today should be slightly lower carb wise. Really hope that i didnt mess up the whole week with one weekend, but we will know by Friday.

tomv
09-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Try contacting him through the powerlifters.com.au forum, his username is TitanAustralia, I highly recommend using him. I don't use a belt currently mate, I don't feel I'm skilled enough yet in a regular squat to worry about belted. Maybe in a month or two though.

LuNa
09-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Try contacting him through the powerlifters.com.au forum, his username is TitanAustralia, I highly recommend using him. I don't use a belt currently mate, I don't feel I'm skilled enough yet in a regular squat to worry about belted. Maybe in a month or two though.

Thanks for all the information. Good point you raise about being skilled enough. Maybe i will get one and use it whenever i finish off this cut. Thanks again Tom.

LuNa
09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Diet has been spot on the last couple of days. Weight was back down to last week's number, so hopefully i can get a loss when i weigh on Friday. Short but intense workout which was made more difficult due to the amount of dust that was in the gym. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to leave all the windows open when there was a "sand" storm.

Back squat:
1x20x70kg <-- 20 reps is such a mental thing. Every rep i want to give up and put the bar down. This felt pretty good though and im happy i did it.

OH Press:
3x5x47.5 <-- Shoulders are still uncomfortable when doing these but they dont really hurt. I do feel that it is hard for me to progress in this lift, not sure why.

Power Clean:
3x3x62.5kg
2x3x60kg <-- I wasnt happy with form so i dropped the weight a little. I feel im not racking the bar like i should. Energy was also a bit low.

Energy levels are starting to become more of a problem. Im tired when i wake up and tired throughout the day. Might have to incorporate more naps:clown:.

Off Road
09-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I take a nap every day...nice job on the squars. Those 20 reppers get addicting.

benno
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks alot. Your deadlift is more impressive though. Im still playing catch up with you and Benno.

For now it is 180 kg. I should make that in about a month. At that point 200kg will be the next goal. After that we will see.

I love deadlifting, it is amazing. The intensity you can put in it is amazing. I completely loose any sense of where i am. Its just me and the weight that needs to go up.

I really want to get a belt though. I feel that could help a bit, however i have no clue what to get.

"Its just me and the weight that needs to go up."

I like the attitude :)

Haha, busting out the 20repperz again. Nice one! :hello:

LuNa
09-23-2009, 12:11 AM
I take a nap every day...nice job on the squars. Those 20 reppers get addicting.

They deffinitely do. I really like the addition of them to my training program at the moment.

"Its just me and the weight that needs to go up."

I like the attitude :)

Haha, busting out the 20repperz again. Nice one! :hello:

Thanks Benno.

LuNa
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
So i have been looking at the website Tom directed me to and i like the looks of the following belt:

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.23.08.31.45.jpg

However, im not sure what the difference is between having a belt with a lever and a normal belt. Also, i need to get more information on belts as it is. Any advice would be appreciated.

LuNa
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Diet today has been pretty spot on. Macro's for now are:
1,810/80.1/114.0/156.1

Dinner will be steak and sweetcorn so I will perfectly hit my macro's for today.

tomv
09-23-2009, 03:31 AM
I'd probably ask your questions about the belt in the WBB powerlifting foru, or in the australian forum mate, much more traffic ;-). Good work on the diet.

Clifford Gillmore
09-23-2009, 03:32 AM
So i have been looking at the website Tom directed me to and i like the looks of the following belt:

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.09.23.08.31.45.jpg

However, im not sure what the difference is between having a belt with a lever and a normal belt. Also, i need to get more information on belts as it is. Any advice would be appreciated.

belts are an awesome tool, most guys use them to push their abs against to create a stable base.

I'm looking into a lever belt myself, you can get a lever belt MUCH tighter than a regular. You can also set it to the same position everytime, which is cool. 2 prong belts are OK, but sometimes you need another person to get it super tight for PR's.

LuNa
09-23-2009, 05:05 AM
belts are an awesome tool, most guys use them to push their abs against to create a stable base.

I'm looking into a lever belt myself, you can get a lever belt MUCH tighter than a regular. You can also set it to the same position everytime, which is cool. 2 prong belts are OK, but sometimes you need another person to get it super tight for PR's.

Thanks alot for the info Risk.

I'd probably ask your questions about the belt in the WBB powerlifting foru, or in the australian forum mate, much more traffic ;-). Good work on the diet.

I registered fr the australian forum but i need to be approved first or something :p. Will post it here in the powerlifting section though. Thanks.

musclemick
09-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Nice deadlift goals mate. 227.5kg is about 501lbs I think. That was my aim, felt good to smash it!

Unholy
09-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Lookin good in here mate!

That belt you pictured is excellent! Inzer Clasp?

LuNa
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Lookin good in here mate!

That belt you pictured is excellent! Inzer Clasp?

Thanks Unholy. Its a Titan Toro Lever.

LuNa
09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice deadlift goals mate. 227.5kg is about 501lbs I think. That was my aim, felt good to smash it!

Hmm, so i have about 50 kg's to go. You better not increase your deadlift!

LuNa
09-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Diet has been great today. I walked to the beach and back today which was about 5km. Really helped decrease muscle soreness, plus it was amazing weather. Going to see Funny People tonight, which i hope is good cause i normally dont like Adam Sandler. Macro's for the day are:
1,923/78.1/74.7/220.8

Pretty happy overall.

benno
09-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Diet has been great today. I walked to the beach and back today which was about 5km. Really helped decrease muscle soreness, plus it was amazing weather. Going to see Funny People tonight, which i hope is good cause i normally dont like Adam Sandler. Macro's for the day are:
1,923/78.1/74.7/220.8

Pretty happy overall.

:omg: Dont like adam sandler? Haha i reckon he is brillant. Let me know how the movie goes man, wouldnt mind watching it... No popcorn for you! :)

LuNa
09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
:omg: Dont like adam sandler? Haha i reckon he is brillant. Let me know how the movie goes man, wouldnt mind watching it... No popcorn for you! :)

I saw, Dont mess with the Zohan, the other night and i really did not like that movie. This was actually not that bad, but it was a bit long.

I miss bulking and stuffing my face with the biggest bowl of popcorn.

LuNa
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Yesterday was mediocre. I wasnt completely there with my thoughts which didnt help the fact that i was feeling low on energy.

Weight dropped to 103.6 which means i lost about 200-300 grams. Not a big loss, but a loss nonetheless. I kept calories the same for almost all days this week and that doesnt seem to work. Energy is low, metabolism is lower and overall i dont feel as good. Carb cycling is where it is imo.

Next week is going to be weird because i have lots of classes so im missing mondays workout. Then im going to Tasmania on Thursday and i found out there is a gym, however im not sure what it will be like.

I will also be staying with friends which means ill be eating what they have most of the time. Will try and stay around maintenance, keep protein high and see where that will take me.

I will also be off supplements for 4 days which should not have a big impact, but i figured that traveling around with a plastic bag filled with white powder (creatine) would not be a good idea.

To finish off this week i had pizza last night. I have not had pizza since February, so i was actually quite happy to have it again. It did jump start my metabolism again because i have been spending some quality time with my toilet.

Anyways, hopefully this break will give me even more motivation to keep going.

tomv
09-25-2009, 08:00 PM
We all have ups and downs mate, one off week can suck but all you do is get back in to it hard the week after. It's a lifelong process brother, do work!

LuNa
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
As said, it was mediocre. Benching felt awesome, i really feel im starting to use legdrive combined with tucking my elbows. I really hope i can get to my bodyweight bench before the end of the year.

Front Squats:
3x5x75kg <-- I took a video, which was way too close and distracted me from the lift. If anyone cares to see it ill put it up. My abs are weak, so im happy with doing front squats.

Bench press:
3x5x62.5kg

Deadlift:
1x3x167.5kg <-- I lost concentration. Im pretty sure i had the other two in me but i wasnt focussed. Warming up was wrong and it just didnt feel right. Next time, im deffinitely getting it.

I used an APT belt that we had lying around while warming up. The feeling was really strange. I set it one hole loose so i could push my abs out. The pressure on my head was too much. It felt uncomfortable so i didnt use it on my work sets. Not sure if that is how it is supposed to feel.

LuNa
09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
We all have ups and downs mate, one off week can suck but all you do is get back in to it hard the week after. It's a lifelong process brother, do work!

Deffinitely. The good thing is that i actually feel bad about taking time off. I never had this drive to actually work out which is good progress. Thanks for the words Tom.

LuNa
09-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Diet was pretty good yesterday. A bit low on the cals but i didnt feel too hungry until i went to bed. Feeling good. Macro's for the day were:
1673.8/40.6/114.6/212.5

I have been thinking about my protein intake a bit and i think i could do with more protein. I have cut out milk completely, due to the amount of carbs in it, but this has also put down my protein a bit. I think this amount is fine on a high carb day, but it could go to 250 on no and low carb days. Something to expirement with when i get back from my weekend away.

Off Road
09-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Enjoy your weekend.

LuNa
09-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks Off Road.

LuNa
09-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Diet is still going pretty well. Had a little more calories than i normally have, but i want to be sure that i get that 167.5kg deadlift. Calories still average at around 2500 and that should lead to a loss.

Uni has been really busy and im getting pretty stressed so it will be nice to let off some steam in the gym tomorrow.

LuNa
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Diet is still going pretty well. Had a little more calories than i normally have, but i want to be sure that i get that 167.5kg deadlift. Calories still average at around 2500 and that should lead to a loss.

Uni has been really busy and im getting pretty stressed so it will be nice to let off some steam in the gym tomorrow.

So again Uni came between me and the gym. Heard this morning that i have to do another presentation and report on Tuesday which meant i spent all morning working on it. I really hope i can go to the gym on Friday. Uni is a priority for now though seeing as i should graduate in a month.

benno
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Few days off wont hurt at all, prob do you the world of good. Just keep making sure ur eating consistant and hit those weights even harder when u get back. How much weight u droped now? Pictures?

tomv
10-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Graduating in a month ay Luna? What are you studying out here again mate? Does this mean a move back to Holland will occur soon?

LuNa
10-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Graduating in a month ay Luna? What are you studying out here again mate? Does this mean a move back to Holland will occur soon?

Yeah, lectures finish the end of October and then i have one exam and some group related stuff to finish up in November. Im doing a Master in Logistics Management. My visa runs out in April, so not too soon :).

LuNa
10-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Few days off wont hurt at all, prob do you the world of good. Just keep making sure ur eating consistant and hit those weights even harder when u get back. How much weight u droped now? Pictures?

I dropped a total of 7kg with at least 2kg of fluids in the first week. However, im not sure if i gained lbm while loosing fat because i did add quite a bit of weight to the main lifts. Pictures will probably come next month. Time off is annoying but i should be good to go as of now. If my deadlift has dropped however, im going to be pretty pissed off.

LuNa
10-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Im back from the weekend. I had a great time, however i do feel disgusting after not eating "health" for a couple of days. I guess its from holding fluids because i feel bloated. I was pretty decent, had some alcohol, but nothing too bad and also had pizza and desert, which was great. Im back now though, even though the next couple of weeks will be really busy diet is going to be great.

The next 8 weeks are planned out. It is going to either be 8 weeks of carb cycling or 6 weeks carb cycling and then 2 weeks UD2.0. It depends on how lean i am after the 6 weeks to see if UD2.0 is really the way to go. Im looking really forward to getting this loosing fat show back on the road.

tomv
10-05-2009, 03:00 AM
That's good to hear buddy, straight back on the horse!

LuNa
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
That's good to hear buddy, straight back on the horse!

Yeah, it feels great to be back.

LuNa
10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Finally got myself back in the gym. My mindset has changed a bit and i feel much better. Im going to be less focussed on dropping weight and focus more on recomping. Carb cycling will be my friend for the next months. The coming weeks will be stressful so i hope i can keep up gym intensity.

Front Squats:
3x5x75kg <-- did these away from the mirror, which took some getting used to. Form felt a bit off, so im deffinitely not increasing the weight. Might drop it, if it still feels off on Friday.

OH Press:
1x5x50kg
2x5x47.5kg <-- Used a belt for these and everything felt so light i went to 50kg after warming up. The last rep really was a grinder so i dropped it to 47.5kg. That was good because i got all my reps and came close to failure on the last rep. The belt felt great and i had the idea i was targeting my upper back more.

Power Clean:
7x3x50kg <-- One of the PT's at my gym was explaing the power clean to some guys so i decided to drop the weight a bit and pay attention. He gave some pretty good advice to the guys which i also took on. I also felt this was a good time to use a hook grip. Feels better while cleaning even though its uncomfortable at first.

Curl:
2x8x30kg
1x4x30kg <-- I had to cheat on the last rep of the 2nd set and i didnt want to do that on the third set so failure was at 4. Felt nice to have a little pump though.

Diet is going well. Carbs are slightly higher today, which makes me happy.

Off Road
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome back.

LuNa
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome back.

Thanks Off Road.

So i received my punishment today for not working out for a week. Man, im sore. Contrast shower, here i come.

Diet yesterday was spot on. Macro's for the day were:
2,289/58.1/198.9/232.0

Already put todays diet in Fitday and macro's will be:
1,979/92.0/14.0/250.4

Calories have been pretty low the last few days, thats because im planning on an epic high carb day. I have been looking forward to some candy or a milkshake so i will probably hit maintenance tomorrow after a heavy session in the gym. Bring on teh musclor!!1!11!

Off Road
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Haha...punishing DOMs...I shouldn't laugh, they suck :evillaugh:

LuNa
10-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Haha...punishing DOMs...I shouldn't laugh, they suck :evillaugh:

They deffinitely do. I was going to go to uni to work on some assignments but i decided not to because there is no way i can walk the 30 mins. Working on it at home for the win!

LuNa
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Doms sucks, but ill come back to that later. The weight was 103.1 which is weird seeing as thats the same as Wednesday and my diet has been better than ever the last couple of days. My body better be adding muscle!

Front Squats:
5x3x75kg <-- I was sore and i felt that three reps instead of five felt better and made me keep form better.

Bench Press:
3x5x65kg <-- My form sucks. I really feel that i could use a hand off to keep eveything more tight and i need to be way more flexible to do any kind of arching.

Deadlift:
1x3x165kg <-- The last one was such a grinder that the other two just werent there. I was feeling quite bad, however i need to remember that i have been back after a week of being lazy.

No accessory work.

LuNa
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
A couple of thoughts that went through my head during todays workout:

Why the hell did i take time off. The DOMS im experiencing the last couple of days is enough for anyone to never take time off. Not only does it make me completely immobile, i also sounds like a 90 year old getting up from simple things like a chair or the toilet. Luckily, i dont have the "newbie wobble" or things could really get ugly.

Full body work-outs rule :sarcasm:. Not only do you experience DOMS in all the major muscle groups, you also get to work every single sore muscle group again, the next day. Im pretty sure thats why the body part split is so popular.

DOMS sucks. Period!

Life is still good though and im pretty sure everything will feel much better during the weekend. It better be.

LuNa
10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I realize this is my third post, but hey. Its my journal and i like to be organized. :indian:

Today is going to be the reward for following a good diet the last couple of days. I had everything sitting in my fridge since yesterday and its been quite the struggle to stay away from it. Especially since my girlfriend decided to eat her chocolate whilst setting next to me on the couch. YEY!

So this is todays diet:
http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.10.09.04.06.19.jpg

Man, this is going to be great. Carbs might be a little higher due to a glass of wine, or two, max, i promise!

Now, time to let my inner fat boy come out to play!

LuNa
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Lunch is over, im sad. However, it was amazing! Here is what i made for lunch. I also had two candy bars and a milkshake. Life is good :)

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.10.09.05.47.33.jpg

http://www.glamdring.se/files/AmazingR.2009.10.09.05.46.00.jpg

Its pretty health pizza with low calories depending on toppings. It was good.

Off Road
10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks...now I'm HUNGRY :mad:
I hope the pain goes away. I hate DOMs too.

Clifford Gillmore
10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Pizza, candy bars? MILKSHAKES???!!!

**** YOU!! :)

tomv
10-10-2009, 06:58 AM
*cough* videos *cough*

*cough* squatanddeadlift *cough*

LuNa
10-10-2009, 03:56 PM
*cough* videos *cough*

*cough* squatanddeadlift *cough*

I did take a video of my front squat but i had two problems. First, it was so close up, due to lack of space, that you couldnt really see anything.
Second, im running this crappy australian internet that cuts me off at 3gb and my movie was 90mb :p.

LuNa
10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Diet has been pretty good. Yesterday i stayed under 2000 calories for the day and today should be about the same. Im not really sure what to do. After a small discussion with Risk on diets, i think i could lower my cals a bit more to start loosing a kg per week. I want this diet quickly over with and im pretty sure i can decrease some calories without feeling hungry. Next week, ill play around with that.

Uni is really picking up so im going to miss some training days. Im hoping i can limit the miss to once a week, but uni is the priority now. It should be finished in about 2-3 weeks and after that, gym only :).

Off Road
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I would absolutely starve on 2,000 calories. I already feel like I'm dieting on 3,300 calories :evillaugh:

Just kill it in the gym a couple of times a week and you will make fantastic progress. And you are right, school should be the priority right now. Just find time to enjoy yourself too.

LuNa
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I would absolutely starve on 2,000 calories. I already feel like I'm dieting on 3,300 calories :evillaugh:

Just kill it in the gym a couple of times a week and you will make fantastic progress. And you are right, school should be the priority right now. Just find time to enjoy yourself too.

Im pretty full during the day, but whatever i do (2000 or 3000 cals) i always get hungry at night.

Thanks Off Road :)

LuNa
10-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Stupid Australians and their BBQ. Im sitting here, in the smell of steak since 11 this morning while sipping my protein shake in water. My lower level neighbours decided to bbq today. Great, can they not do it on a high carb day. There is no respect for neighbours nowadays, its an outrage!

ZenMonkey
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Lookin strong Luna! Diet looks great too... nice way keeping things in check!

Clifford Gillmore
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Im pretty full during the day, but whatever i do (2000 or 3000 cals) i always get hungry at night.

Thanks Off Road :)

Just time your fat intake a little better and you should be able to quell any hunger pains, don't forget you can make up a MONSTER salad that is extra-low carb. Chuck in a chicken breast and some cheese cubes and you be satiated for a while.

LuNa
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Just time your fat intake a little better and you should be able to quell any hunger pains, don't forget you can make up a MONSTER salad that is extra-low carb. Chuck in a chicken breast and some cheese cubes and you be satiated for a while.

Pretty good idea, thanks. I have just been focussing on protein the last couple of weeks, i need to consider my other nutrients as well.

LuNa
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Lookin strong Luna! Diet looks great too... nice way keeping things in check!

Thanks a lot Zen.

LuNa
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Havent been to the gym yesterday. I had class all day and when i came out of class i had to work on another assignment. Diet was still ok, nothing too special. Wednesday i have another full day at uni, but im planning to gym it at night.

All should be well.

musclemick
10-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Stupid Australians and their BBQ. Im sitting here, in the smell of steak since 11 this morning while sipping my protein shake in water. My lower level neighbours decided to bbq today. Great, can they not do it on a high carb day. There is no respect for neighbours nowadays, its an outrage!

Oh the pain. Bastard neighbours!

Lookin good luna. Everything looks in order as usual :-P

LuNa
10-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Pretty good gym session. Energy was good during my workout, however i just did have lunch so my thai food that i had earlier was trying to show its ugly face again. Diet has been meh. I havent had much time to plan everything out so im just trying to roll with whatever happens. I feel good though!

Front squat:
3x5x75kg <-- Form was much better. They felt deep and tight. Ill try and go up next time and see what my form does.

Bench press:
1x5x62.5kg
2x5x60kg <-- I dropped the weight a little to work on form, but then decided to drop it more because form was still crap. I really need to work on this because i dont feel im getting any stronger on the bench.

Deadlift:
1x5x160kg <-- I had to work in with another guy so i decided to stay with 160 because that was easier weights wise. The reps felt clean and easy. A lot easier than 165 felt last week. The guy i was working with was doing some OLY lifts and he told me my hips went up on the second rep, but the rest was good. It felt good. Used a bit wider stance which felt solid and i scraped my shins pretty good which i felt i had to work on.

Lots of work to do. Hopefully i have dropped some weight this week, that would be great.

LuNa
10-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Oh the pain. Bastard neighbours!

Lookin good luna. Everything looks in order as usual :-P

Thanks a lot mate!

tomv
10-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Good work on Deadlifts mate, they are one lift that is absolutely doing my head in at the moment.

Try hard to stay on track with your diet buddy. It is a very slippery slope once you start on it back down to unwanted weight.

Off Road
10-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Nice job working on "form-first" It'll pay off in the end.

LuNa
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks a lot guys, for the support. I really need it because its quite hard to do everything at the same time at the moment.

LuNa
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Pretty happy that i got two sessions in this week. They have been pretty good as well, so im quite happy. The weight this week was at 101.1, which makes it a drop of 2.2kg in one week. Really happy with that seeing as this week has been less than perfect.

Back Squat:
1x20x75kg <-- This was such a miserable experience. Seriously, im not sure who came up with 20 rep squats, but im pretty sure he has never done it himself :p. My legs were like jelly the rest of the workout.

OH Press:
3x5x47.5kg <-- It was heavy. I did all reps but the last one was hard. Im going to increase it though, so we will see what happens.

Power clean:
5x3x50kg <-- I was tired, so these werent perfect. Form was ok, but there is a bit of work to do.

Wobbled home after this. My legs are still trying to get any form of strength in them. I have the idea that it might be a good idea to switch programs. I have been doing it for 6 months now and some lifts just do not want to go up. Im going to stick with it though through my cut and then we'll see where we are at.

Off Road
10-15-2009, 10:01 PM
:evillaugh: LOL at the 20 reppers :evillaugh: They are evil good. Nice work, but I'm not sure I could handle 20 reppers on a cut :clown: