PDA

View Full Version : KFC Grilled Chicken

Pav
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/grilled.asp

:evillaugh: Any one else try this yet? alot of protein per calories..

03mach421
05-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Havent tried it yet, it does look good though. And by that label it doesnt seem to be too bad for you at all...

Tom Mutaffis
05-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Protein is always 4 calories per gram, so 10 grams protein = 40 calories.

Haven't tried the KFC grilled yet but it looks like a pretty good option. Might have to pick some up this weekend.

VikingWarlord
05-20-2009, 07:33 AM
If it wasn't for all the friggin' salt, it wouldn't be bad. Their marinade just has too much in it...as evidenced by the sodium levels.

Chubrock
05-20-2009, 07:35 AM
But it's ohhhh so good.

Unreal
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Seems like a decent option when having to eat out but I wouldn't make it a normal thing in my diet.

Skalami
05-20-2009, 12:01 PM
i dont get why someone put 4 calories per gram of protein i dont think the op was questioning that at all. I was wondering how good this stuff was for you this looks promising at the very least it'll make it easier if youre stuck out and need a place to grab some food at.

As for salt, if most of the time you watch your salt and keep it low this wont be a big deal. Ive been keeping my salt low since ive started eating more healthy in mid Feb, but i noticed i actually felt better having more salt. Now i dont shy from the salt at all. I never add salt directly but i go for salty things all the time now you need a decent amount of salt especially if youre lifting.

But is anyone else find it hard to believe these calorie statistics?

VikingWarlord
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
As for salt, if most of the time you watch your salt and keep it low this wont be a big deal. Ive been keeping my salt low since ive started eating more healthy in mid Feb, but i noticed i actually felt better having more salt. Now i dont shy from the salt at all. I never add salt directly but i go for salty things all the time now you need a decent amount of salt especially if youre lifting.

I mentioned it because it just tastes like you're eating rock salt. If you're eating KFC, you're probably not concerned about flavor though.

joey54
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I think it is pretty delicious, but I still prefer original recipe.

jp2
05-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Alot of fat on it still unless you pull the skin off

t_parker
05-26-2009, 10:27 PM
If it wasn't for all the friggin' salt, it wouldn't be bad. Their marinade just has too much in it...as evidenced by the sodium levels.

Was my main concern and reason I will not eat KFC... though it does look pretty good.

johnnyo_99
05-27-2009, 09:58 AM
http://naturalsportsmedicine.blogspot.com/2009/04/kfcs-grilled-chicken-is-it-good-in.html

good article on KFC grilled chicken, I would eat it if I didn't have any other options but its got more crap in it then you may think.

adamantiumxl
05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
if its supposed to be leaner you would think they would mention it in the ads, I personally would not eat at KFC.

Skelator03
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
i have had it very good go try it and decent protein per cals and low on fat