PDA

View Full Version : Getting into the low body fat %'s...

Nito
05-19-2009, 11:39 PM
I've seen to have plateau'd around 10% BF. Cutting calories any further does not seem to be doing the trick. I am currently following a diet almost identical to the 'Got Built?' diet written by Built. For those who do not know it is P+F for every meal except P+C pre and post workout.

What kind of diet would you guys recommend to help me drop to around 6-8%?

Mercuryblade
05-20-2009, 12:08 AM
If you aren't losing any more weight it means you need to cut your calories even further. If that isn't an option (for sanity reasons most likely) then I would add some cardio into your routine.

Tom Mutaffis
05-20-2009, 07:23 AM
I've seen to have plateau'd around 10% BF. Cutting calories any further does not seem to be doing the trick. I am currently following a diet almost identical to the 'Got Built?' diet written by Built. For those who do not know it is P+F for every meal except P+C pre and post workout.

What kind of diet would you guys recommend to help me drop to around 6-8%?

Although calories is important then looking at weight manipulation, what you are actually eating becomes more important when considering body composition.

Would you be able to post some of your typical meals? Also do you cycle this diet and have a "cheat day" or carb load? If not then that may be the reason for this plateau.

Training is also going to be important when you look at dropping into the lower bodyfat percentages. Low intensity cardio and intelligent weight training coupled with plenty of rest should enable you to drop down into single digits.

Lastly, how are you measuring bodyfat? Unfortunately many of the electronic devices are fairly inaccurate - most of them just use BMI.