PDA

View Full Version : Post-workout questions...allergies involved...

unev_en
04-16-2002, 12:23 PM
I will be traveling this week, and, as a result, will be unable to cook. I still plan to train as I normally do, yet I am wondering what to consume for post-workout recovery. Unfortunately, I am allergic to whey protein, which means all forms of pre-mixed recovery shakes / bars, at least those of which I am aware, are out of the question. Ordinarily, I consume a dextrose/malto mix with a side of egg whites post-workout, but, as I will be unable to cook on this trip, this is also not an option.

My question, therefore, is the following: what form of protein should I consume in addition to my dextrose/malto for optimal post-workout recovery? Tuna? Chicken? Soy protein powder (I know, soy is evil, but I wonder if a powder wouldn't be absorbed faster than solid protein...) Any ideas?

Paul Stagg
04-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Travelling is a bitch.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Try as best you can to get things right, but you'll have to make some adjustments.

I'm onthe road tomorrow thru Friday night. I normally train on Weds and Friday, but due to the travel, I'm going to skip at least one of the workouts. No biggie.

If I do get to the gym - I'll either buy a prepackaged drink there, or eat a bar, or even get to a sandwich place or something to get a meal.

Not having a perfect post workout meal won't hurt you.