PDA

View Full Version : Unique/strange home made high prot recipes..contribute!

Skalami
05-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey guys just putting a suggestion in for someone that asked how to make Metrx hakes bareable and i thought a thread on some unique stuff people have made to satisfy themselves while eating healthy would be a good idea. I cant tell you how many times i start eating healthy for a year or two then stop for another year... been doing it since i was 14 if you can believe it, 26 now. Used to be fat then.

Anyways for starters i have a few; one is Chobani. its a Greek Yogurt and it is the ****. Its no fat has 140 calories/22g protein/9g carbs 0 fat. Its 2% is just 30 calories more per serving of fat. You can get 2/4 serving containers that are filling. Take a 2 serving container cut a half apple in small chunks, half banana in small chunks, blueberries (from frozen bag is cheapest) and maybe a strawberry. Mix in some walnuts and its a perfect breakfast.

Next Chobani can also be used as a very healthy sour cream. Anyone like Gyros? im greek.. ilove em. Take a serving of 2% fat chobani container, plop it in a bowl peel a cucumber then grind it up, use a cheese grater then use a coffee strainer or some kinda strainer to drain the water from the cucumber...push it over the strainer till its a somewhat nice dry plumpy mess. Then mix it in the chobani, add a tsp or tbsp of garlic powder (or better yet a ground garlic clove) and you've got a great tasting extremely healthy Cucumber sauce (or to greeks Tsaliki sauce spelling on that is wrong i know) make some grilled chicken throw some onions on the grill as well and at the last minute a pita then take it off slice the chicken breast up put it on the toasted pita then the onions and maybe some shredded lettuce then cover it in the sauce. Thats a ton of protein with almost no carbs (depending on what you use for a pita) or just use the sauce as a dip. My girlfriend found she likes to take the suace and whatever veggies im grilling skip the chicken, toast two peices of light rye bread and make a sandwich of it. It tastes like your eating something really bad but its soooo damn good.

Next is sugar free Jello in protein shakes. I tried this awhile ago and i dont know why no one has (that i know of) just add a serving or two before you start blending the shake. When youre done its made the shake a lot thicker and chocolately (or vanilla'y if thats your thing) also try adding a half banana and just a tiny/tiny scoop of peanut butter it really flavors the whole shake, and if you add a half apple (frozen or refrigerated is best) it really really sweetens the whole shake up a lot. A carrot is good too. Also unsweetened cocoa powder is really good for you and its not used often, if your dieting you might be craving chocolate so try adding a tsp of cocoa powder.

Last is another breakfast simple thing. Take oatmeal..instant whatever. Make it to package. Then add some frozen blueberries or a chilled banana and ice cubes to cool it down. Then add your protein powder and some cocoa powder. My girlfriend thinks im making brownies when i put this together. And it really fills me up.

Ok thats another martha stewart for me. Anyone else have any strange unique recipes.

Mercuryblade
05-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Peanut butter, jelly, and bacon sandwich.

If you toast the bread and put fresh hot crispy bacon on the sandwich the peanut butter gets all melty and it's nothing short of an orgasm.

dlew
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyways for starters i have a few; one is Chobani. its a Greek Yogurt and it is the ****. Its no fat has 140 calories/22g protein/9g carbs 0 fat. Its 2% is just 30 calories more per serving of fat. You can get 2/4 serving containers that are filling. Take a 2 serving container cut a half apple in small chunks, half banana in small chunks, blueberries (from frozen bag is cheapest) and maybe a strawberry. Mix in some walnuts and its a perfect breakfast.

Next Chobani can also be used as a very healthy sour cream. Anyone like Gyros? im greek.. ilove em. Take a serving of 2% fat chobani container, plop it in a bowl peel a cucumber then grind it up, use a cheese grater then use a coffee strainer or some kinda strainer to drain the water from the cucumber...push it over the strainer till its a somewhat nice dry plumpy mess. Then mix it in the chobani, add a tsp or tbsp of garlic powder (or better yet a ground garlic clove) and you've got a great tasting extremely healthy Cucumber sauce (or to greeks Tsaliki sauce spelling on that is wrong i know) make some grilled chicken throw some onions on the grill as well and at the last minute a pita then take it off slice the chicken breast up put it on the toasted pita then the onions and maybe some shredded lettuce then cover it in the sauce. Thats a ton of protein with almost no carbs (depending on what you use for a pita) or just use the sauce as a dip. My girlfriend found she likes to take the suace and whatever veggies im grilling skip the chicken, toast two peices of light rye bread and make a sandwich of it. It tastes like your eating something really bad but its soooo damn good.

Next is sugar free Jello in protein shakes. I tried this awhile ago and i dont know why no one has (that i know of) just add a serving or two before you start blending the shake. When youre done its made the shake a lot thicker and chocolately (or vanilla'y if thats your thing) also try adding a half banana and just a tiny/tiny scoop of peanut butter it really flavors the whole shake, and if you add a half apple (frozen or refrigerated is best) it really really sweetens the whole shake up a lot. A carrot is good too. Also unsweetened cocoa powder is really good for you and its not used often, if your dieting you might be craving chocolate so try adding a tsp of cocoa powder.

Last is another breakfast simple thing. Take oatmeal..instant whatever. Make it to package. Then add some frozen blueberries or a chilled banana and ice cubes to cool it down. Then add your protein powder and some cocoa powder. My girlfriend thinks im making brownies when i put this together. And it really fills me up.

Good stuff! I've been doing the plain old chicken breast, egg whites, brown rice, tofu, lots of fruit and veggies, salads with blue cheese/olive oil/balsamic, shakes, the occasional wrap from Rojoz (da bomb!) and that's pretty much my diet -- it's getting really dull. I'll have to check this stuff out! If anyone else has input, please, please post!