PDA

View Full Version : Tip for those not squatting in a Monolift

geoffsherman
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought I would share something I found that really helped me squatting out of a power rack. I started to force my feet farther forward on my setup when I am walking out of the j-hooks. This has forced the bar lower on my back and also helped me get in more proper position so I am not folding over out of the hooks. I have exaggerated it to the point that I almost fall backward as I walk the weight out. It has really helped me keep a strong arch, push through my heels, and activate my glutes.

Lones Green
05-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I squatted in a power rack for a year before I ever got on a monolift, when I was trying to learn power squat form. I even got my first time in a suit in a power rack by myself.

This has cursed me. I have really bad forward lean that I break over and over and it keeps coming back to haunt me.

Treat a power rack unrack like you would on a monolift every time, it will help a ton!

SELK
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I used to do all my training walked out, even did an 805lbs reverse band squat, never really noticed much of a difference. Just make sure you take as few steps as possible and stay tight.