PDA

View Full Version : How many calories should I be taking in?

cichlidfort
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok, so I am 19 turning 20 very soon. I am like 6'7 and a half and I freakin only weight 200 lbs. I know I know that's not much at all for my weight but I eat around 3000-3500 calories a day. When I first started working out I was 6'6 165 lbs and ever since I upped the calories, I gained 35 lbs. I am doing the starting strength workout routine. Problem is, I want to gain more weight but it seems like I can't anymore. Like I am still gaining strength but my weight is idle. I know I should up the calories, but by how much?

twm
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
i dont know when you stalled out in gaining weight, but I would add 300 cals/day and see how it goes for a week or two.. if nothing, add another 200-300. rinse and repeat

so if youre actually counting out 3500 cals per day and youre not gaining anymore, try 3800 for a week or two.. if that doesnt work, keep adding 200-300 at a time

cichlidfort
05-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I have been stalling for about a good two months. Somedays I will go above 3500 but I am not nearly consistent enough. I usually stay away from junk foods and refined carbs. I'm attracted towards, peanut butter, cheeses, chicken, deli meats, eggs, milk and lots of water. Wouldn't my age be a big part of it? Like my metabolism is rediculously fast. It needs to slow down.

operationblade2
05-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Thats a lot of cals mate, make sure you eat carbs and high protein foods before your workouts, a cold chicken/tuna pasta salad & a protein shake/bar 30mins to an hour before the workout may help

You could also try a weight gainer also, maybe slowing your metabolism could help as you are a big guy

Since I have been eating well and weight training (not much cardio) I have put on around 10lbs in 2.5 months which is all muscle due to healthy eating, plenty of consistancy at gym and a quality protein shake 2wice a day

Hope this helps you buddy