PDA

View Full Version : Triple subject: Intro/Coffee/Moes!

SmogBoggler
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey all

Just started in this whole thing not too long ago. I am currently 24, 5' 11" and 195. I've never been an althetic guy, never played any sports other than skating (board) and had terrible eating habits as a teen due to not being able to shop for myself...After I met my current GF six years ago, I lost 60 lbs (down to my current weight) but never looking into gaining muscle' This is my main motivation. I always want to try and look better for her if possible.

I started a couple months ago on Scooby's Workshop website. I've seen some good gains but I was doing his diet very strictly, now I am doing my own thing but keeping it just as healthy. My main diet right now is veggies (I cut up my own mix rather than by the frozen, sick of the frozen!) and either salmon or chicken with black beans. Breakfast is 4 egg whites, *small* shake (a couple dallops from the shake I make for later) and a scoop or two of lowfat cottage cheese. This sort of diet has been keeping me pretty full but at the same time low on calories. I'm trying to cut carbs as much as possible. I was eating a lot of the pure shredded wheat and oatmeal but I always found it never brought my blood sugar back up unless I ate way too many calories.

Anyway, I know this is a lot of info, but I was wondering if I am doing ok so far? For workout I do 1 day hardcore biceps shoulder and back, the next day triceps etc, and then the next day abs and 20 mins of cardio. Rinse, repeat. Im trying to do more cardio but I hate it. Love lifting, love that feeling, hate cardio. Ive forced myself to put in an episode of the office and do cardio for the full episode though, and that has been working so far.

Onto my first question, I was wondering if caffeine has any effect on weight loss or muscle gain? I have recently cut out all diet soda, the only artificial thing I drink is sometimes a bit of those flavor packets in water. I will drink coffee though if it helps.

Also, anyone here love Moe's like I do??? I could eat it everyday if it werent so expensive and possibly not healthy. I have been wondering lately if a "naked" burrito is anything close to "clean" since the ingrediants seem pretty natural. I imagine the sodium is high though. God I love that stuff.....

Thanks guys, look forward to chatting with you all.

samadhi_smiles
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
whats on the burrito? I have been there, I love those burritos. Thing is they are VERY caloric (well at least how I got them with sour cream steak and avocado lol). They are delicious though.

Unreal
05-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Caffiene can be good on a diet. It can provide energy to get through workouts and days on low calories. I couldn't diet without it.

Pimpstick
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
whats on the burrito? I have been there, I love those burritos. Thing is they are VERY caloric (well at least how I got them with sour cream steak and avocado lol). They are delicious though.

You better be going to Willy's instead of Moe's. I miss that place so much since leaving Atlanta.

samadhi_smiles
05-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I left Atlanta, got my master's and jetted out. I'm going to Missouri next for a PHD :D

where are you now? :windup: