PDA

View Full Version : Muscleups

Progress
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Mute the video unless you want to hear this banging noise.

I did them tonight after working around the house all day.

First is assisted (pushed off the ground with my feet) and the rest are unassisted to failure as you can see.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDvTlQZtWM4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDvTlQZtWM4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chubrock
05-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Very nice job. By the way I ****ing hate you. I haven't been able to get one yet. I'm trying to use as little kip as possible.

twm
05-20-2009, 07:08 PM
nice man, i'm going to give these a try at some point

is it awkward transitioning from chin position to dip position?

red eyed
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
muscle ups are impressive :)

i'm sure that they are hard on rings but I imagine that they would be more akward/difficult on a chin-up bar. you can't really transition into a dip

Progress
05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Very nice job. By the way I ****ing hate you. I haven't been able to get one yet. I'm trying to use as little kip as possible.

Thanks, lawls.

You gotta kip. Anything to get up there (with the exception of jumping) is fair game in my book.

nice man, i'm going to give these a try at some point

is it awkward transitioning from chin position to dip position?

The transition is what makes the muscle up such a great exercise. The rings are much easier than a straight chin-up bar if you've ever tried them on one of those.

If you can perform multiple chest to bar pull-ups, can dip deep with rings and have figured out the false grip, you can do a muscleup.

muscle ups are impressive :)

i'm sure that they are hard on rings but I imagine that they would be more akward/difficult on a chin-up bar. you can't really transition into a dip

You said it.

KingWilder
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Actually I think they're easier on a pull-up bar...I like 'em on rings better though

SDS
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I wish, that would probably destroy my shoulder. I need to try it just to see though.

Keith
05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Very impressive, dude! I remember the first time I saw these on here, Anthony posted them a while back. I've never really played around with them much but I've been able to get one. I gotta get myself some rings!

tomv
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Awesome man! I'm still working on getting my chin and dip strength up as well as ironing out my kip haha, plenty or work to be done. I love training on rings though, just makes me feel so strong!

Clifford Gillmore
05-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Thats nuts man! The transition is where it kills me, good job.

twm
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
tried these today.. I couldn't get the kip movement right. I was close to 1... plenty of chins but I couldnt quite make the transition. all the more impressive to be repping!

Progress
05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I wish, that would probably destroy my shoulder. I need to try it just to see though.

I find my shoulder pains me more on a dip bench/machine than on rings.

Very impressive, dude! I remember the first time I saw these on here, Anthony posted them a while back. I've never really played around with them much but I've been able to get one. I gotta get myself some rings!

I remember that video, too. Spend a little time on the CrossFit boards and you'll want even more to pick up some rings.

Awesome man! I'm still working on getting my chin and dip strength up as well as ironing out my kip haha, plenty or work to be done. I love training on rings though, just makes me feel so strong!

They are a great tool, that's for sure.

tried these today.. I couldn't get the kip movement right. I was close to 1... plenty of chins but I couldnt quite make the transition. all the more impressive to be repping!

Check this site out. It helped me plenty.

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/pages/muscleup.htm

Sidior
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Really impressive!