PDA

View Full Version : ME Bench Reverse Greenbands *video*

Brian C
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Felt good. I was able to get 500x2 but video got screwed up. Any advice or criticism on form would be helpful. l feel like I have my form down pretty good thanks to all here.

yg81EJ5ar0Y

Brian C
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Not sure vid is working. Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg81EJ5ar0Y

Travis Bell
05-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Fixed the video

Form looks pretty good, except for the fact that you're driving off your toes. You want to drive your heels down, even if they are up off the ground.

Keep that upper back and shoulder blades real tight, kinda looks like they might be loosening up towards the bottom.

Good work though

Brian C
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Form looks pretty good, except for the fact that you're driving off your toes. You want to drive your heels down, even if they are up off the ground.

Good work though

Ok, thanks Travis. Ill work on that.

Rob Luyando
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
OK your doing reverse bands. Get rid of the boards! And If you can unrack the weight on your own your not using near enough weight. The purpose of reverese boards is to overload your lock out and and get extra support out of the hole.

Brian C
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
OK your doing reverse bands. Get rid of the boards! And If you can unrack the weight on your own your not using near enough weight. The purpose of reverese boards is to overload your lock out and and get extra support out of the hole.

Point taken. Thanks Rob.

vdizenzo
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM
You can tuck your shoulders further before you take the weight out then they'll really be under you while benching.

Brian C
05-23-2009, 10:05 AM
You can tuck your shoulders further before you take the weight out then they'll really be under you while benching.

Thanks Vin. Good point. I really try to concentrate on squeezing my shoulders and lats together throughout the lift which has really helped controlling the weight.

DrDudley-Robey
05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Thats good work Brian, however if possible get a hand off person so you can stay tight though the reps. Rob is right lose the board, up the weight. Also work at tucking the elbows tight on the way down that way when you transfer the lift to a shirt you are usto that form.

Brian C
05-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Thats good work Brian, however if possible get a hand off person so you can stay tight though the reps. Rob is right lose the board, up the weight. Also work at tucking the elbows tight on the way down that way when you transfer the lift to a shirt you are usto that form.

Thanks Doc. Great advice.