PDA

View Full Version : Gaining on a Budget

scytheye
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
So I'm an endo....big time. I've changed my diet to include calories but like everybody else I'm on a budget....ok, I'm on a bit more of a budget than everybody else. All of my lifts are improving but I actually lost 3 pounds! I look more fit but basically the shape of my body just changed and not the size. I'm having trouble finding foods that are healthy, high in protein and/or carbs and cheap, really cheap because I want to gain from 165lbs 6'1" to 200lbs, so 35 lbs.

Any ideas?

WillNoble
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
So I'm an endo....big time. I've changed my diet to include calories but like everybody else I'm on a budget....ok, I'm on a bit more of a budget than everybody else. All of my lifts are improving but I actually lost 3 pounds! I look more fit but basically the shape of my body just changed and not the size. I'm having trouble finding foods that are healthy, high in protein and/or carbs and cheap, really cheap because I want to gain from 165lbs 6'1" to 200lbs, so 35 lbs.

Any ideas?

lots of Rice, Milk, Eggs, and Chicken (whole fryers can be had for 4$)

Jeff Garvin
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I think you meant to say your a "ecto" and not an "endo". Here is a list of good food to help you along your way! Eat these as much as possible.

Chicken (buy in bulk), eggs (buy the big carton), veggies (cheap is bought frozen, steam them), deli meats, MILK!!!!, tuna fish (buy lots when on sale), oats, speghetti (fairly cheap when on sale), cottage cheese (just eat it) and the best bang for your buck (literally) if you want to consume calories, fall in the love the $1 menu at various fast foods restaurants. I dont know how else you can get over 200 calories for only $1. Eat it up, its delicious!

bass slayer
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Milk, eggs, cheese, tuna, mac and cheese, peanut butter jelly sandwiches, homeade weight gainer. Theres tons of stuff dude.. Search the forum and you will find all the info you need.

scytheye
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
haha yeah ecto is what I meant thanks