PDA

View Full Version : do you have to eat your greens

big-dipper
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
i wanna bulk up but i dont like fruit and veg do i have to eat them aint there any other alternatives to fruit or veg or not do any of you eat them??

VikingWarlord
05-23-2009, 01:55 PM
It's part of a healthy diet. Chances are good you don't like them because you've never had good stuff. Fresh, never frozen/canned/otherwise preserved produce is one of the greatest things in the world.

Hell, I just ate half a fresh pineapple and a pound of fresh strawberries.

Clifford Gillmore
05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I would LOVE to eat a few extra bowls of veggies a day, does wonders for my energy/mood.

big-dipper
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
is it essentail to eat fruit and veg or dont you really need them ive gone 6 or 7 years already without eating them ill try an apple banana orange or summut every now and again but peas sweetcorn n all that is horrible i just eat meat i want to put on weight anyway will it help if i eat greens??

Mercuryblade
05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
is it essentail to eat fruit and veg or dont you really need them ive gone 6 or 7 years already without eating them ill try an apple banana orange or summut every now and again but peas sweetcorn n all that is horrible i just eat meat i want to put on weight anyway will it help if i eat greens??

It's essential if you want to live a long healthy life. The amount of research out there that suggests positive health benefits from fresh vegetables and fruits is enormous.

Big Jay
05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
good for your overall health... but not a necessity for gaining weight/muscle

jp2
05-24-2009, 04:21 AM
veggies are awesome. If you don't like them try eating subway and pack em on a sandwich, better than nothing.

SuperTerrorizer
05-24-2009, 05:25 AM
I hate vegetables. But I eat broccoli for it's fiber. Yeah, I think it's essential that you have to eat your greens, whether you like them or not.

samadhi_smiles
05-24-2009, 08:07 AM
your bowel movements will be much more pleasant and your GI tract will thank you.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-24-2009, 01:46 PM
You need to learn to enjoy your fruits/veggies. We're not children anymore trying to skim past dinner to get to the ice cream. Just enjoy the fact that you have access to everything you need to get to where you want to be in your goals and just go at them headstrong. A healthy diet would be a wise choice and fruits/veggies are part of that.

samadhi_smiles
05-24-2009, 02:58 PM
its real weird but eating fruits and veggies is self-reinforcing I've found. This goes for a lot of healthy choices in lifestyle. The more you do it the more it seems like a GREAT idea.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2009, 03:03 PM
its real weird but eating fruits and veggies is self-reinforcing I've found. This goes for a lot of healthy choices in lifestyle. The more you do it the more it seems like a GREAT idea.

QFT.
I actually crave vegetables now.

big-dipper
05-25-2009, 01:26 AM
would fruit count if you put it in a shake or in one of those pancakes or would that not count cus i dont eat the stuff i even siv through my pot noodle to get the peas and sweetcorn out im dead fussy about my food lmao

SuperTerrorizer
05-25-2009, 04:10 AM

True that. It only took me about 2 months to go completely clean. I used to just eat take out every night. Got obese from it. Drank all the time too. Went to clean living very easily because I forced myself to.

J.C.
05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
would fruit count if you put it in a shake or in one of those pancakes or would that not count cus i dont eat the stuff i even siv through my pot noodle to get the peas and sweetcorn out im dead fussy about my food lmao

Yeah, you sound kind of childish...

Just find ONE type of fruit or vegetable that you like. There will surely be one that you can stand. Start eating more of it. Go from there and you'll find that you'll come to like other things too. I used to be a bit fussy about vegetables but found that I liked broccoli and peppers so I ate lots of broccoli and peppers. There are very few things which I don't like nowadays. I'm craving some vegetables right now.

Irish Pilot
05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Grilled asparagus....mmm....broccoli with Franks Red Hot...mmm...

Learn to try new things bud. You will be surprised what you may like out there. Greens are simply a good healthy staple, both in short term and long.

icnelly
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
your bowel movements will be much more pleasant and your GI tract will thank you.

+ l, What guy doesn't like a healthy ****?

VikingWarlord
05-25-2009, 05:54 PM
I had corn on the cob and yellow squash sauteed in butter with onion and shallots for dinner and I'm about to throw down some fruit salad with fresh pineapple, blue-, black-, straw- and raspberries, mango, yellow apple, Bosc pear, and lime juice all mixed with cottage cheese and topped with honey and raw cashews.

I bet half the people that read this got hard. The ones that didn't are powerlifters.

:D

WillNoble
05-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I bet half the people that read this got hard. The ones that didn't are powerlifters.

hahahaha nice, In all seriousness though I eat a ton of Spinach, Lettuce, Carrots, onions, potatoes, Broccoli, and any other vegetable I can get my hands on. Hate them cooked though, the consistency is awful, raw veggies are where its at

VikingWarlord
05-25-2009, 06:24 PM
I can't eat raw broccoli. It has to be steamed but needs to be al dente. Squashes are the same...though there's no reason to eat those raw.

Everything else should be fresh and live.

Clifford Gillmore
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Everything else should be fresh and live.

I just can't eat my lamb live, but its damn fun gpp trying to!

As far as getting hard, I only started to get a tingle when I saw cottage cheese :D

Skalami
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Personally to me i find a lot of fruit isnt important. This is just to me personally but i found when i cut the fruit and replaced those calories mostly with slow acting grains i responded a little better. I love veggies though. I can wolf down spinach plain in handfuls. But its great with some chicken breasts cut up with a little plain greek yogurt as a dressing... i drown it in garlic.. i probably stink.

VikingWarlord
05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
I just can't eat my lamb live, but its damn fun gpp trying to!

Fruits and vegetables, asshead!!!

Reko
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM

LOL

Judging by this thread, veggies are good for your grammar and spelling as well (in regards to the OP).

Reko
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
In a serious note, I love a lot of fruits, but veggies are a little tougher. Corn and green beans are about as much as I can handle.

But man I could eat berries and such all day long.

platypus
05-27-2009, 12:34 AM
broccoli with cheese is a good place to start for veggies. or just add some ranch dressing to pretty much any veg.

and i find it hard to believe that there's not a single fruit you like when i love every one of them.

Clifford Gillmore
05-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Fruits and vegetables, asshead!!!

Hahahaha.

*Adds 2 cups of suger and 2 lbs of butter to stock to soak his roast vegtables in*

And you wondered why resteraunt vegtables were so damn tasty. That that vegans!

big-dipper
05-27-2009, 01:46 AM
i really dont like fruit or veg apples banana orange grapes lemons peaches and as for veg celery carrots lettuce broccoli it makes me feel sick i call it the marmite effect you either love them or hate them

Mercuryblade
05-27-2009, 02:02 AM
i really dont like fruit or veg apples banana orange grapes lemons peaches and as for veg celery carrots lettuce broccoli it makes me feel sick i call it the marmite effect you either love them or hate them

Seriously, I'm not trying to come off as overly harsh here, but quit being such a baby about food. As I said before, plenty of studies show the benefits of fruit and vegetables as part of your diet. If you think avoiding little stomach ache is worth sacrificing your health than continue eating like you are.

If eating right and staying in shape were easy there wouldn't be so many unhealthy fat people.

SuperTerrorizer
05-27-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm gonna be switching my greens up to a mix of broccoli, green beans, and asparagus as I just found out that asparagus is a natural diuretic.,

Bako Lifter
05-27-2009, 03:31 AM
no.

i eat vegetables once or twice a week.

Bako Lifter
05-27-2009, 03:32 AM
unless hops count as vegetables?

Skalami
05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
maybe try V8? Or make a shake with some veggies? Jack Le lane style.

Mr. Mustard
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I hate most veggies too but I shove them down my throat. I don't understand how someone could hate fruit. It's like candy. Fruit salads....yum! I just finished a pear for a snack and intend on having a fruit smoothie with my lunch. My advice is to suck it up.

On days where I feel I didn't get enough veggies, I drink V8, low sodium or take a shot of wheat grass.

malkore
05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
i wanna bulk up but i dont like fruit and veg do i have to eat them aint there any other alternatives to fruit or veg or not do any of you eat them??

so you are telling me you like to beat yourself to death lifting heavy stuff...squatting, deadlifting, bench pressing...

but you're too much of a weenie to just eat your fruits and veggies?

:tuttut:

suck it up and eat right.

big-dipper
05-29-2009, 05:29 PM
lol suppose so :)