PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Pissed Off!

Rob Luyando
05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Ok I live in a area where lifting serious is frowned upon. I am lucky to find one or two decent training partners. 1/2 hr before my work out my training partner bails on me. WTF? I only need a loyal partner 3 days a week. Is that really to much to ask for.

Any lifters in the Northwest IL are or Eastern iowa area looking for a place to train with free gym membership send me a PM. Warning If you show up once or twice and then bail on me I will hunt you down and leave you for dead.

Travis Bell
05-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I had that happen several times couple years ago. People have no respect for others.

Anymore, I train alone except for Wednsdays when I go to Westside.

WillNoble
05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Ok I live in a area where lifting serious is frowned upon. I am lucky to find one or two decent training partners. 1/2 hr before my work out my training partner bails on me. WTF? I only need a loyal partner 3 days a week. Is that really to much to ask for.

Any lifters in the Northwest IL are or Eastern iowa area looking for a place to train with free gym membership send me a PM. Warning If you show up once or twice and then bail on me I will hunt you down and leave you for dead.

Its sad when one of the best lifters in the world can't find anyone to train with. Wish I was up that way, I would be there every time

Ryano
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Rob, I want to try to make it up there at least once a month. I think I may be able to give you a few tips. LOL...

Jesse Hernandez
05-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I feel your pain.....

NickAus
05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Rob I wish I lived in the states, my training partner has not missed a workout for 22 months!
Very lucky with that.

ACaslow
05-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Rob, that's a ****ty thing man.

Finding a crew that's dependable is tough. Very tough. I have a solid group that I feel I can depend on right now. But we also still have those few random kids who don't understand the concept of team and loyalty. Commitment is something you either have it or you don't, and those who don't have very little influence in my book.

Hope it works out bud...

SELK
05-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Ive recruited lifters and got them involved with the sport. I had to take some of my training to various commercial gyms and find people who actually trained, and convinced them to compete and train with us. sometimes they only last a few months, but some stick around.

Eric Downey
05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
an open invite to train with a world record holder. some one better jump on it.

i feel for you rob. i cant say how blessed i am to have the crew i do.

TankofZenzenBB
05-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Rob, you probably don't remember me. I talked to you about my shirt problem back in 07 when i first got it. I was lifting with Eric Stones team but had to go to NIU last fall so i had change teams, so now i'm on Zenzen Barbell which is like 3 minutes from campus. I heard from Dick, you will training with us sometime soon. When will that be?

Back on topic, I never had a training partner. I get more things done without a training partner, less bull ****. All I need is a spotter and that's it.

MarcusWild
05-24-2009, 09:45 AM
You need people that are serious about their own goals. It's the only way they'll show up regularly. Without that, it just won't be a high enough priority for them.

Rob Luyando
05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
My training partner is usually pretty loyal. I was just venting yesterday. But invite still open. I used to travel every Sunday to train with a good group but don't want to waiste money and all day any more just to train. I will be having big group sessions once a month and some freaks like Ryno will be showing up.

Tank I just hung out with Zenzin last Monday. Awesome person and one of my Mentors! I will be up once in a while once the new gym is complete.

TankofZenzenBB
05-24-2009, 03:08 PM
That what Dick said to me, since he came by Thursday. The new gym is going to kick ass. It's a lot bigger, not all the equipment crammed in a little space. I'm hoping the squat and bench days wont be so long. See you then.

Ron C
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Same wasteland here in H-town. 4th largest city in the US and you can't scrape together 4-5 guys who want to get a solid team together. I've got everything a guy could need to get stronger and I still train by myself in my garage. 2 power racks, mono-attachment, GHR, high/low pulley, 45 degree back raise, dip bars, benches, leg extension/curl, hex dbs, farmer's handles, shrug bar, camber bar, ssb, bench bar, bow (buffalo) bar, 4-5 of every band, 200 lb of chain, squat box, Westside foam, 1-5 boards, 1/2 manpon, full manpon, weight releasers, every cable attachment known to man, 16 lb sledge hammer, sled, jump stretch platform, a prowler next month, 1500 lb of weight and nobody wants to commit to train with me.

Maybe I have b.o. or something

Cricket_Fire
05-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Ron - bring all that **** up here and I'll train with ya haha

rmccray
05-24-2009, 07:35 PM
i really feel your pain im now at my third gym in less than a year it does suck im with a couple of amatures now and they are pretty serious so im getting lucky you will have to get some young bucks that really wanna be strong and be patient and you will be fine trust me when i tell you I GET IT

Ron C
05-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Ron - bring all that **** up here and I'll train with ya haha

I'm from Texas...I would die in the kind of cold you have!! I don't do sub zero temps! It's big news down here when a "light freeze" is forcasted.

We do have tripple digit summer temps with 98% humidity. Come down and give that a go in the garage...in July....it's a good time!!