PDA

View Full Version : Wannabebig and cut - Thorzhammer

ThorzHammer
05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I started on fitday and found I'm eating only about 2500 calories sometimes a bit less per day.

I'm 5"11 167 lb, so have a long way to go. I'm guessing right now I would like to get to 185, then go from there. Small steps, small goals, in progression.

I've been having a hard time balancing my diet because I don't want to have all that gas, but whenever I eat a lot I get it, so I'm guessing my digestion isn't able to process all the food adequately, so I've cut down. Also, when I go to work, I don't want to have all that uncomfortable gas to deal with so I have to try balancing amount of food with the outcome.

I started working out in December at my community gym, which is quite small, having only a few machines.

I've been going only about 3 or 4 times a week. I started out with presses on the machine at 80lbs, now I'm doing 130 and 140 with 8 reps.

I've also moved from 25 lbs for flies to 45 lbs, each arm with dumbbells.

Cardio: I only do about 10 to 15 minutes on the eliptical before using the machines and dumbbells.

Chest:
Usually I do the
pulldowns 110 lbs
chest presses 130 lbs
flies on the machine 110 lbs
then move to the dumbbells 45 lbs per arm (without a bench)

The only thing to use is a crappy ball I use as a bench replacement to do the flies with.

I rotate and do these exercises for 3 sets and do about 8 reps each set.

Legs:
Other days I'll do legs focusing on the
leg machine presses 180 lbs
squats using dumbbells 40 lbs each arm
lunges w/ dumbbells 40 lbs each arm
leg extensions 100 lbs.

all about 8 reps.

Arms:
Other days I'll do arms focusing on the
pull downs 110 lbs
bicep curls palms facing ceiling 30 lbs
bicep curls thumbs facing ceiling 30 lbs
bicep curls palms facing floor 30 lbs

rotate through doing about 3 sets with 8 reps each.

Back:
flies machine sitting facing the seat to pull back. 40 lbs
machine rows - 80 lbs
seated on ball rhomboids pull ups with dumbbells 30 lbs
one arm dumbbell rows, body angled near parallel to floor, 25 lbs

rotate through doing about 3 sets with 8 reps each.

I know my routine sucks, but it's better than nothing. I've seen only minor gains, not surprisingly. But I'm here to focus more and get more information on how to get myself on a good routine.

I'm wondering if I should get my own bench for inclines and declines and get my own set of dumbbells for home.

I feel a bit fat around the stomach. I want to have ripped abs... which I do about twice a week about 250 crunches on the floor, on the ball, ankle over knee, feet pushing towards ceiling, etc. I have a soft look, starting to build a little but not where I thought I would be 5 months later.

I'm trying to really cut down on the amount of fat I eat. Today was my best day with 23% protein, 26%fat, 51% carbs. Other days I'm closer to 40% fat. I find it hard to keep fat down as it's in everything, but I'm working towards cutting it out more. It's hidden in everything. I've been reading labels a lot lately.

Having a very low blood iron, iron depleted stores according to my blood test, I do feel tired often.

Anyone with advice, links to good threads, etc., would be greatly appreciated.