PDA

View Full Version : ALWAYS use a spotter...

Hazerboy
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
So today was speed bench which I haven't done in a few weeks. Warmed up, Loaded the bar to 155, and smashed a few speed sets. Set after set I'm slamming the weight into the uprights, until finally I miss a pin and...

Drop the bar right on my face.

My lifting partner quickly helped it off of me, at which case my nose decided to EXPLODE ALL OVER EVERYTHING. It looked something like this
http://www.ezoons.com/anime/images/2004/04/ojikan2.jpg

I thought it was broken at first cause I've never had it bleed that badly, but nope - just a regular ol' nose bleed. Good thing I only missed one pin too, which is my only one side of my face is so messed up. I also have one hellavu knot on my forehead.

Anyways, I plugged it up and finished my work out. Thankfully it was memorial day and almost no one was in the room so I wasn't too embarrassed. Funny thing was, my lifting partner asked if I wanted a spot at the beginning of our speed sets and I said no. Lawl.

lesson learned - be careful and treat the weight with respect, even when you're messing with light weights. I'm going to be getting some goofy looks this week...

Reko
05-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Least you still have your teeth hahaha

Pete22
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Ouch man that sucks, good thing it's not broken. What's your shirt say, "I Survived Speed Bench"?

Hazerboy
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
"I survived brown sea."

I was thinking someone was going to come up to me and say "Wow, brown must've been one helluva sea!"

Ben Moore
05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Least you still have your teeth hahaha

I can vouch for this one - I have some neat bridgework from a similiar situation.

mosley1990
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
You could always tell people you got in a fight with someone heavier than you....you dont have to tell them it was a bar :D.

Hazerboy
05-25-2009, 10:05 PM
You could always tell people you got in a fight with someone heavier than you....you dont have to tell them it was a bar :D.

Funny thing is, I had about 50 lbs on that bar, and it still kicked my ass.

Reko
05-25-2009, 10:08 PM

plus bands, PLUS BANDS!

WillNoble
05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
plus bands, PLUS BANDS!

hahahahaha

evilxxx
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM

50+45 ? so thats like ...Lynsay Lohan Kicking you A$$...lol at least it was from one side and not straight down to your nose.

Detard
05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
50+45 ? so thats like ...Lynsay Lohan Kicking you A$$...lol at least it was from one side and not straight down to your nose.

HAhah naw i think he means he outweighed the bar by 50lbs.

Anyways, dude that sucks. Looks pretty badass though.

One time I unloaded all the plates off one side of a bar, and left 4 on the other side. The bar obviously flipped and caught the end of my chin. Almost bit the end of my tongue completely off.