PDA

View Full Version : Fell off the wagon...Mentally/Physically

beachmuscles
05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey guys...

It's been a weird 5 months. I literally fell face first off the wagon, and can't really give any worthy explanation.

It started with finals and graduation, and I was very stressed. Started to miss workouts, and meals were all over the place.

Then i went away, and took 3 weeks off (biggest time off ever) came back, took another week off...then came to the gym and felt weak and annoyed. Stayed back for 2 weeks, and took more time off.

Anyways, I'm back in the gym starting yesterday and I'm here to stay. I was a lean 190lbs now I'm a whatever 220lbs.

Many people say I look "jacked" but I have a horrible gut, and alot of fat went in my butt, kinda weird.

Is there anything I should do diet wise to jump back into, like a boost? I was thinking 2 weeks of just protein/veggies/fats to spark some quick weight loss then go back to normal dieting that i use to do

VikingWarlord
05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
It's been my experience and that of others that part of "falling off the wagon" is because you're trying to do something that isn't sustainable for a long time. Extended periods of cut dieting put on an enormous mental strain.

You're going to deny it, of course, but the stress that you were feeling as a result of everything else in life wouldn't have affected your dietary habits if they weren't also stressful.

The first thing to do is to figure out if what you want is worth what you have to do to get there, then create a safe and sane plan to do it. Just start by cleaning yourself up and don't think so hard about the rest. If you're not preparing for competition, stop caring so much. The quality of your life improves dramatically.

beachmuscles
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I guess 7 years of clean dieting, with minimal cheats...and I collapsed.

VikingWarlord
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Exactly. You can't do that. You have to cut yourself slack or you'll bottom out again.

Skalami
05-26-2009, 07:41 PM
yeah you were sprinting. Gotta slow the pace down and just jog, make things a little fun or you wont keep at them for long thats what ive learned after repeated strict dieting for months/years then quitting for similar amounts of time getting upset with myself and starting all over again. Maybe try this, cut your weight for summer but the rest of the year let yourself go within reason, relax a bit on the diet but keep up the training year round (if you like training if not and you dont need to train... maybe its just not your thing) Anyways before summer around march start with stricter dieting through August then you can relax on your diet and the cardio. Just make sure you get enough protein and lift 3-4x a week and let yourself slide on the rest. You'll find it easier and you'll be building muscle while still having fun, dont make working out/dieting your entire life. Then again in march start cutting up, getting a little more strict with your diet.

beachmuscles
05-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Just to jumpstart a "normal" diet...I was thinking for the next 2 weeks, have my meals as protein + veggies, protein, and protein + fats...and do 0 carbs for 2 weeks, then start my diet.

I figure this will shed off some of the water im holding. I would do a normal meal or two on the weekend during this time...

Then in 2 weeks start a normal diet with regular amount of good carbs.

Good idea? Also when doing this do i measure the veggies?

Skalami
05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
i dont think you need to, theyre generally lower in calories so just err on the side of extra. But keep in mind some veggies arent that great..like corn which is more of a starch.

VikingWarlord
05-27-2009, 09:56 AM
That's not going to really jumpstart anything. In fact, being too restrictive when you get back into something is going to set you up for another crash. However, since you've already started another thread about the exact same thing, you're going to do what you want anyway.

beachmuscles
12-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Update: Went from 220 to 195, and look "shredded".

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk and better then ever.

Tykimeister
12-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Took ya a while. I'm guessing your genetics allow you to gain weight easily. If I stop lifting I lose 20pounds, not gain 20 pounds.