PDA

View Full Version : Ever Have One of Those Days??

GHOGH
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I read Vin's thread which is similar, not the same, to my question. But did not want to ask this in his thread.

Have you had one of these days?

I spent the whole weekend pretty much doing yardwork and relaxing with the wife and daughter. Since Monday was a paid holiday I went to the gym a few hours earlier than normal, without having worked all day (metal stud framing & drywall). I went in and did my warmup bench and when I hit 315 it felt like a ton. I managed 3 reps then went to 365 and did not feel good at all. So I dropped back to 225 and did 3 sets of 8. The rest of the workout went the same, like I was dragging ass. Was I overwoked? Not into it? Was my scheduled messed up? Any thoughts?

MNRob
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Here here!! Lately my performance has had more ups and downs than the stock market.

Pete22
05-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I've had some of the best workouts under crappy conditions and hungover, and then I've had horrible workouts when I felt great physically and mentally... go figure. I think the key is just to stay consistent with your diet and training through these peaks and valleys, and make progress over the long haul, forgetting about a bad session here and there.

mike danforth
05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I think you've been on a long stretch of max weights for awhile and it's time to recycle-recover and get a plan together to meet new goals.......

danmac
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I read Vin's thread which is similar, not the same, to my question. But did not want to ask this in his thread.

Have you had one of these days?

I spent the whole weekend pretty much doing yardwork and relaxing with the wife and daughter. Since Monday was a paid holiday I went to the gym a few hours earlier than normal, without having worked all day (metal stud framing & drywall). I went in and did my warmup bench and when I hit 315 it felt like a ton. I managed 3 reps then went to 365 and did not feel good at all. So I dropped back to 225 and did 3 sets of 8. The rest of the workout went the same, like I was dragging ass. Was I overwoked? Not into it? Was my scheduled messed up? Any thoughts?

Wow you had the same day as me last friday! I went into the gym feeling a bit tired (had been doing a lot of partying lately) and got pinned under 315! thats a weight i have been able to triple for about 6 months now! Everything was super slow. Even singles at 285 were painfully slow.

Anyway yeah i guess it happens, i blame mine on my partying and lack of proper nutrition. It was a bit of a wakeup call and im tracking my cals/ protein in fitday and in my log now. Hopefully makes the difference. Wish i could tell you more about your situation, but thats mine.

Hazerboy
05-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I've had some of the best workouts under crappy conditions and hungover, and then I've had horrible workouts when I felt great physically and mentally... go figure. .

I've had days where I'll get something like 5 or 6 hours of sleep a few days in a row (I usually get 8) from all the school work, walk into the gym ass tired, then walk out feeling great with a bunch of new PRs. I have no idea why this is. I think rest is definitely a long term thing - a lack of sleep will definitely catch up with you.