PDA

View Full Version : Diet critiques

Shao-LiN
04-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Need some help refining my diet. For background again, I'm 21 years old, 5'9" and 140-145 pounds.

I'm unsure of my exact body fat percentage until I get a hold of one of those calipers or whatever they're called. I'm relatively new to the lifting scene though, so I'd guess my BF is somewhere around 15% or so. I still have somewhat of a gut on me, as well as fat everywhere else.

My diet looks like:

Meal 1 -
3 eggs, scrambled
1 cup Special K cereal
1 cup Skim/nonfat milk
1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread

Workout at home gym

Meal 2 -
Met-Rx Protein Plus (~31g) mixed with 1 cup of skim/nonfat milk

Meal 3 -
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (~4-6 ounces)
1 cup of salad
1 small to medium baked potato

Meal 4 -
2 tablespoons of natural, unsalted peanut butter
1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread (optional)

Meal 5 -
~4 - 6 ounces of baked salmon
1 - 2 cups of whole wheat spaghetti

Meal 6 -

The numbers roughly come out to ~2300 calories w/ 72g fat, 211g carbs, 215 g protein. I think my BMR came out to 2500 or so.

I'm currently using the WBB routine 1 and adjusting reps and weight each week to progress. I also run for a half hour at high intensity on 3 off days.

Am I heading in the right direction with this diet and routine? Should I be cutting or bulking?

Shao-LiN
04-16-2002, 07:39 PM
To add, I'd like a good, healthy and lean look...tired of the relative chubbiness, hehe.

YatesNightBlade
04-17-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Shao-LiN
Need some help refining my diet. For background again, I'm 21 years old, 5'9" and 140-145 pounds.

I'm unsure of my exact body fat percentage until I get a hold of one of those calipers or whatever they're called. I'm relatively new to the lifting scene though, so I'd guess my BF is somewhere around 15% or so. I still have somewhat of a gut on me, as well as fat everywhere else.

My diet looks like:

Meal 1 -
3 eggs, scrambled
1 cup Special K cereal
1 cup Skim/nonfat milk
1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread

* fine

Workout at home gym

Meal 2 -

* fine

Meal 3 -
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (~4-6 ounces)
1 cup of salad
1 small to medium baked potato

* Fine

Meal 4 -
2 tablespoons of natural, unsalted peanut butter
1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread (optional)

* I'd add another protein source here. A Glass of milk maybe or some cottage cheese.

Meal 5 -
~4 - 6 ounces of baked salmon
1 - 2 cups of whole wheat spaghetti

* Ewww ... but fine

Meal 6 -

* Fine

The numbers roughly come out to ~2300 calories w/ 72g fat, 211g carbs, 215 g protein. I think my BMR came out to 2500 or so.

I'm currently using the WBB routine 1 and adjusting reps and weight each week to progress. I also run for a half hour at high intensity on 3 off days.

Am I heading in the right direction with this diet and routine? Should I be cutting or bulking?

Looks fine to me. Keep it up and monitor your progress. You could add more veg and fruit to your diet, but it looks good as a start.

Shao-LiN
04-17-2002, 09:04 AM
Hehe...I noticed the Eewwww in there, that combo doesn't taste well...I'm already getting tired of the salmon, hehe.