PDA

View Full Version : Just veggies/protien/fats

beachmuscles
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Is it a bad idea to jump start my diet to do just protein, protein/veggies, protein/fat meals for 2 weeks? Then get on a normal good carb filled diet?

I think this would really help me shed off some water, and get me motivated from the big loss in the beggining.

steve_op
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I think your worrying about it to much man, Just view the thread What a Bodybuilder eats, go grocery shopping, eat clean, stay committed, and enjoy the lifestyle. If your having this much trouble lifting/eating healthy, maybe its time you find a different hobby. Not being a d***, its just the truth

SuperTerrorizer
05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
That's a keto diet. Before I was lifting I lost weight on that diet alone. The problem is you have be careful when you eventually add carbs back in because too much will make you gain weight like crazy.

Y2A
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
It's not a "bad" idea, but if you're going to bring carbs back in and gain all the water weight back, why bother?

SuperTerrorizer
05-27-2009, 10:55 AM
It's also probably one of the hardest diets to stay on since you are pretty much eating no carbs. The cravings are insane.

joey54
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
You need to balance between days like that and high carb days for it to be successful. You can't continue on that type of diet forever. At the least you could take some carbs in at breakfast and around workout times if you want to keep them lower the rest of the time. My question is why? Extreme actions usually yield extreme results and not the ones you usually want.