PDA

View Full Version : Briefs for squat AND dl

Brian C
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Sup peeps. Being a bench only guy, Ive been working on the other 2 lifts for a few months now trying to compete in a full meet. I have no experience in gear with the squat and dl and was interested in getting briefs since my hips are getting beat up. I sumo dl and squat semi wide. Any recommendations on what briefs to purchase for training purposes? Is there a brief I can use for both? Money is tight, so I can only afford 1 pair right now. I would lean to a dl brief if they are diferent. Thanks guys.

Pete22
05-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a loose pair of Metal Pro's I use for DE squats and sumo deads, I really like them. I can't pull in my Ace's because it's just too hard to get down to the bar without sacrificing form.

douglasoh5
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
metal pros are a really good briefs to start with....once you feel like geting a stronger brief the preds and ace are both great...never used boss briefs

Brian Hopper
05-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I wear a BOSS brief for squatting (competiton only), and for training I use a singly ply TITAN brief.

Bako Lifter
05-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Metal V-Type.

It's for wide squatting and works amazing for deadlift, as long as you pull sumo.

Brian C
05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Metal V-Type.

It's for wide squatting and works amazing for deadlift, as long as you pull sumo.

This I was looking at today. Sounds like what I need. Thanks Bako

Guido
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Metal V-Type.

I've used a Metal V-Type Squatter (the suit, not the briefs) and have gotten great results from it for DL, so I'd say the V-Types work just fine for conventional pullers, too.

Brian C
05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Guido.

mastermonster
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Unlike Douglas, I think the Boss is the best brief out there. I train and compete in them every session. I have deadlifted well at a few meets wearing the boss briefs and a singlet, but wearing them under a tight suit for DLs is too much for me to get a good setup in; but I DL conventional.

douglasoh5
05-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Buddy I never said the boss briefs wernt good...Just stated I never used them....all three briefs are really good...

mastermonster
05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry for the mis-read Douglas! I went back and re-read it.

JK1
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
I have tried to wear briefs deadlifting and finally gave it up. I spend too much time fighting briefs and a suit trying to get down to the bar only to get set up wrong most of the time. Its not worth it. I'm better off in just the suit.