PDA

View Full Version : 5/29/09 ME with quad mini bands

vdizenzo
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Alright, this was Travis inspired (thanks Trav). I can't believe I went back to back ME weeks using bands. Rob is going to hate me, but Paul will love me. Seriously, this is one of the best exercises I have ever tried. Lockout is my weakness. This will help cure that.

I took a lot of warmups because this exercise is crazy. You can't believe the tension when you just take the bar out. I look forward to hitting this again in about 6 weeks. I'll already know what it feels like and will be able to take less warm ups and hit something bigger.

On a side note, Rhodes made his triumphant return. I shared the floor with both him and DD. It was quite a man pileup.

05LOiRuk2Dk

mosley1990
05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I cant imagine what that felt like haha. doubled minis are brutal enough for me :D lol. great job, vincent!

chris mason
05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that is some crazy bad tension to be sure! Very strong Vincent!

Lones Green
05-29-2009, 09:47 PM
AWESOME work Vin.

Brian C
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Your a Beast... how much band tension is that around? Crazy Scary Strong bro

MarcusWild
05-29-2009, 10:00 PM
That's awesome. Great work!

Travis Bell
05-29-2009, 10:10 PM
haha that's great work Vincent!

You killed my PR by 25lbs and you made it look a ton easier! You are certainly going to hit your goals at this meet.

I'm glad you liked the exercise. I think we figured the band tension to come out to around 300 at the top. certainly at least 250.

Rob Luyando
05-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Vincent what am I going to do with you? LOL! Nice work. I am not totally against bands. I do cycle them in on my raw lock out work. Right now I am doing 4 weeks of straight weight lock outs, 4 weeks band lock outs, and 4 weeks floor presses. Now seeeing that exercise I may change things to a 3 week cycle and and floor press bands to a cycle. I will have to play with that cause I like doing reps to kill my tri's

Travis Bell
05-30-2009, 07:13 AM
You won't regret it, that setup is awesome for lockout stuff.

Ron C
05-30-2009, 08:21 AM
wow! that was scary. I've got a lot of work to do. Great vid. I need to get better at the floor press and I just got another reason to do so!

gatorman2k6
05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Vin that is sick! I can't wait to see what you hit at your next meet.

bencher8
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
that was awesome vin! I dont know how you plan on getting stronger when you have bands on the bar...rob says it cant happen! lol

I like the pause/relax in the bottom too...that would kill me! I use all the momentum to lock stuff out...

I actually have never done this exercise...even though I have seen a ton of people at WSb use it...we just never did. Not sure the shoulder could take it now...floor press really beats my shoulder up.

Rob Luyando
05-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Bencher8 once again you don't listen. I said I don't agree with bands and chains when your in a shirt. They are good for raw work. We will see how your meet turns out before we continue this debate.

bencher8
05-30-2009, 08:25 PM
if i hit a bigger bench than you does that mean I win?

Brian Hopper
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Awesome Video!!!!! That setup looks sick.

ChickenLegs83
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Alright, this was Travis inspired (thanks Trav). I can't believe I went back to back ME weeks using bands. Rob is going to hate me, but Paul will love me. Seriously, this is one of the best exercises I have ever tried. Lockout is my weakness. This will help cure that.

I took a lot of warmups because this exercise is crazy. You can't believe the tension when you just take the bar out. I look forward to hitting this again in about 6 weeks. I'll already know what it feels like and will be able to take less warm ups and hit something bigger.

On a side note, Rhodes made his triumphant return. I shared the floor with both him and DD. It was quite a man pileup.

05LOiRuk2Dk

BEAST!!! :omg:

I gotta watch this again before ME bench tomorrow.

GHOGH
05-31-2009, 08:37 AM
:omg: That was sick!! :thumbup: