PDA

View Full Version : Bands for Deadlift

Persicutor
05-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I was reading the other post about deadlift lockout strength and they suggested using bands. Right now its easy for me to get the bar off the ground but it slows down a lot right above the knees. I've been doing rack pulls and heavy upper back exercises but I want to incorporate band work for my heavy sets. What type of bands should I be getting if I want to pull like 455 off the ground but have the lockout over 500 lbs? Can the tension be varied with the same set of bands?

slashkills
05-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I would say minis or maybe even light bands by jump stretch. Tension could always be adjusted depending on the setup. If you look through lonesxedge's journal here he has a video or a picture of a cool setup for band deadlifts.

Fighter_15
05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2118642&posted=1#post2118642

click on that link and scroll down till you find the picture. It has a good way to setup deadlifting with bands.

Persicutor
05-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the tips. I just ordered the mini flex bands from elitefts. That pic looks like a good setup but I only got 2 bands so I'm thinking of setting them up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMYz35BZtA

Anyone know how much tension I could get at the top by setting it up like that?

EDIT: Just realized lonesXedge is set up pretty much the same way

MarcusWild
05-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I think minis will give you 200 like that. Don't quote me on that. Best thing is to get a scale that goes up heavy and measure it. That or find someone really light to measure it.

Persicutor
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I think minis will give you 200 like that. Don't quote me on that. Best thing is to get a scale that goes up heavy and measure it. That or find someone really light to measure it.

Really? On the site it says around 90lbs but im not sure if they're talking about bench. I guess I can go and test them but I wanted just a rough estimate of the tension at lockout.