PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get this right.

Fenrir
05-31-2009, 04:35 AM
In an effort to get my diet right, I've been reading some articles on this board and from others, and below is what I've put together for myself.

I'm currently at 93kgs (209.25lbs), and my goal is to be at 105kgs (230.25lbs) by December 1st this year. So my aim is to gain about 0.5kgs (
1.125lbs) per week until then. I'm following the "So you Wannabe a Bodybuilder? Routine". The link is down the bottom.

I read that for someone bulking it's advisable to consume about 18 calories/pound of bodyweight. So that gives me a total of 3766 calories per day.

Now they say protein has 4 calories per gram, the same with carbs and 9 cals per gram of fat. Is this always constant?

Some quick maths tells me that I would be consuming 418.5g of protein (1674 cals) per day, the same for carbs, and 50g (450) of fat per day.

Break that into 6 meals (4 solid, 2 shakes), that's 69.75g (279) of protein per meal, same for carbs, and 8.3g (75) of fat per meal. This gives me a total of 3798 calories for the day, almost spot on to the initial goal.

I'm sure though that i've messed this up somewhere though, are my % of carbs and/or protein to high?

Sorry guys just trying to start on the right foot, so any help would be awesome.

Cheers.

http://www.wannabebig.com/training/bodybuilding/so-you-wannabe-a-bodybuilder/

tom183
05-31-2009, 06:33 AM
I read that for someone bulking it's advisable to consume about 18 calories/pound of bodyweight. So that gives me a total of 3766 calories per day.

Use that number as an estimate only. You may need to increase.

Now they say protein has 4 calories per gram, the same with carbs and 9 cals per gram of fat. Is this always constant?

Yes.

Some quick maths tells me that I would be consuming 418.5g of protein (1674 cals) per day, the same for carbs, and 50g (450) of fat per day.

Id at least double the fat intake. Drop carbs and protein accordingly.

VikingWarlord
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Less protein, more fat. Aside from the fact that I have no idea where you got those numbers, you're bulking. Just eat and lift and everything will work itself out. It's not brain surgery.