PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own Inzer Power Pant or Groove brief?

Cmanuel
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Does anyone own either one of these Squat gear? Looking for something to give me just a little support and keep my hips fresh for squatting and want to here opinions on each. i'm not looking to compete in geared meets yet, I stick solely to RAW at the moment.

Thanks!
-CM

Clifford Gillmore
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I own some groove briefs that give a very minimal amount of support, but they do force me to 'sit back' into the squat. I do belive that almost all other briefs are better haha!

Cmanuel
05-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm not really looking for something that will add a good amount to my squats, just something that will provide support for my hips and keep them feeling fresh. Also something that is somewhat comfortable to walk around in, something that I'm not wanting to rip off immediately after my squat work sets are over.

I've neglected heavy squats in the past because after a few weeks of training squats my hips would always get really sore, so i trained bench/DL and did push pulls. But now I've got a raw meet coming up in August and would like to start going heavy on my squat work sets and I dont really want to kill my hips again so fast.

JK1
05-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm not really looking for something that will add a good amount to my squats, just something that will provide support for my hips and keep them feeling fresh. Also something that is somewhat comfortable to walk around in, something that I'm not wanting to rip off immediately after my squat work sets are over.

I've neglected heavy squats in the past because after a few weeks of training squats my hips would always get really sore, so i trained bench/DL and did push pulls. But now I've got a raw meet coming up in August and would like to start going heavy on my squat work sets and I dont really want to kill my hips again so fast.

Groove briefs are useless in my opinion. Its too easy to pinch the living breathing crap out of your boys wearing groove breifs---the legs tend to stretch out easily, leaving room for the little ones to go wandering.

Basic inzer power pants are good if you are just looking for something for hip support. They won't give you much on your lifts though. Basically to me they are like a pair of extra thick biker shorts. For someone who's squatting under 500, I think they'd work well for regular training.

If you want something to use in a meet, get a pair of power pants made from the heavy duty material. This material is a huge improvement from the others. They aren't listed on Inzers website, only on House of Paines. You can call Inzer and ask for them--they are like $75 or so. They won't stretch near as much as the regular power pants. I wouldn't get these until you have a solid squat over 500-550 though. Build up your basic strength first.

Clifford Gillmore
05-31-2009, 02:47 PM
They do support the hips a little, but no where near as much as my Champion suit with the straps down. A far as being comfortable, they suck - they wear like Y-fronts, and mine cut pretty good too, so it looks like pretty interesting bruising to say the least :) I can't really comment on other stuff, but I hear great things about Metal Ace briefs and Viking briefs. But if your just looking for something cheaper, maybe an Inzer Hardcore 1ply with the straps down.

Maybe you should also be looking at doing more flexability work/foam rolling/dynamic stretching as well as active recovery work. I had some hip pains pulling sumo, until I started doing fire-hydrants in my warm up rountine.

Clifford Gillmore
05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Groove briefs are useless in my opinion. Its too easy to pinch the living breathing crap out of your boys wearing groove breifs---the legs tend to stretch out easily, leaving room for the little ones to go wandering.

I can safely say I've NEVER done that. Plus mine havn't stretched at all, I think they are medium and I have a 30" quad.

JK1
05-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I can safely say I've NEVER done that. Plus mine havn't stretched at all, I think they are medium and I have a 30" quad.

Well, for your sake, I hope you never do. My training partners cracked up, I about puked. Pinching a nut pretty much takes the "dynamic" out of a DE box squat.... and the rest of the workout.

=Travis=
05-31-2009, 04:20 PM
I got a pair of Inzer power pants. They help with the hips. I dont put them on unless I go over about 450 (every ME session unless I'm deloading). The legs are tight as hell though. If you got big quads they are TIGHT, I get bruised rings around my thighs and they are loose everywhere else. I take them off as soon as I'm done squatting.

Sensei
05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the Inzer groove briefs... Power pants, fine. Groove briefs, NO.

Cmanuel
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Any other options out there that may interest me? Just looking for hip support but not really wanting any serious gear that adds 10985408 lbs to squat.

Sensei
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
You don't need any more interesting opinions - if it's power pants or groove briefs, go w. the power pants. Or not, but let this just be an "I told you so!" in advance. I'm not joking.

Cmanuel
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
You don't need any more interesting opinions - if it's power pants or groove briefs, go w. the power pants. Or not, but let this just be an "I told you so!" in advance. I'm not joking.

I understand, just wondering if there are other products out there similar to these that i am not aware of.
-CM

Sensei
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
There are plenty of better briefs out there. You could always just buy a low end suit and use it with straps down as well. For your needs, the power pants or a lower end suit is fine.

Reko
05-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Frantz briefs are comparable (I think). However, I'm not sure they are in business anymore.

I may very well own the first pair of frantsz briefs ever made, haha

mastermonster
06-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Titan Dual Quads (boxer style with legs) are head and shoulders better than power pants. They will definately add a lot to your squat though. All the hip support you want and to me they are way more comfortable to wear than power pants. If you think you may compete geared in the not to distant future, the Dual Quads would be the best way to spend your money...P.S. I have used Inzer briefs, power pants and the Titan Dual Quads so this is a direct comparison. For the last several years I've competed multi-ply and wear Boss Briefs (Boxers).

Keith
06-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I got a pair of Inzer power pants. They help with the hips. I dont put them on unless I go over about 450 (every ME session unless I'm deloading). The legs are tight as hell though. If you got big quads they are TIGHT, I get bruised rings around my thighs and they are loose everywhere else. I take them off as soon as I'm done squatting.

Yup.

I have the Inzer Power Pants and they do give you hip support. You'll be able to squat quite a bit extra with them but yeah, it's because they're bloody tight. They're very tight on the quads and very loose around the waist. Not a bad purchase for the price of them.

the_top
06-02-2009, 10:38 AM
look,try to use squat suits ,belts and iron z wraps from inzer and then you are ready for competitions