PDA

View Full Version : Bulk or cut?

bass slayer
05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
This is where I am at as of this moment (top one). 207.5 from 175. Should I continue to 225 or stop at 210 and cut? Ill post my starting pic also (bottom one)

fpr
05-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't know man, don't see much development (i.e., you just look fatter). Could be the fact that you're 6'4 though.

bass slayer
05-31-2009, 10:31 PM
can you see any improvement though? (the top attachment being now).

Mercuryblade
05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
can you see any improvement though? (the top attachment being now).

If you've been training and eating enough protein there is muscle there.
It's pretty tough tell as you aren't flexing in your beginning pic and are flexing in your second pic.
Cutting is a personal preference, obviously the longer you wait to cut the more muscle you are going to have when you do cut down. You're by no means fat yet and could still go to 225. But if you are hoping to have a teh abz by summertime, you won't be able to cut down to a lean weight by the end of summer without sacrificing some lean mass (what I mean is that, if you wanted to cut down to a lean size you'd have to lose weight pretty fast).

Like I said it's a personal preference. If you are concerned about having a ripped stomach for the summer I'd probably start cutting, if your goals are towards getting bigger and you couldn't care less about having visible abdominals, then keep bulking.

Cards
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
I think you should reevaluate your diet while taking a look at your routine and what your goals are. are your lifts moving in the right direction?

xtian
05-31-2009, 11:34 PM
What is your routine like? I really don't see much muscle development, maybe a lil in the chest.

bass slayer
06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
This is my routine
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125150&highlight=strong+stronger

I know I wont have a 6 pack by this summer, but im getting to the point where im thinking im getting to fat. I will bulk up to at least 215 before I cut though. I know its hard to see any progress in that pic. I have a big body to develop. know my arms are bigger because my watch that was in the first pic wont fit me anymore, lol. I think my other big problem is my diet. For the last month and a half I was of all supplements due to not having any money, so I wasnt getting my calories in.

From looking at those photos, im I heading in the right direction or what? 6 month difference in the photos.

Mercuryblade
06-01-2009, 10:03 AM
This is my routine
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125150&highlight=strong+stronger

I know I wont have a 6 pack by this summer, but im getting to the point where im thinking im getting to fat. I will bulk up to at least 215 before I cut though. I know its hard to see any progress in that pic. I have a big body to develop. know my arms are bigger because my watch that was in the first pic wont fit me anymore, lol. I think my other big problem is my diet. For the last month and a half I was of all supplements due to not having any money, so I wasnt getting my calories in.From looking at those photos, im I heading in the right direction or what? 6 month difference in the photos.

I can survive on about $4/day worth of food, if you want some suggestions PM me and I'll give you some suggestions.

As far as a difference, like I said before, it's really hard to tell when in one pic you are flexed and the other you aren't. But if you are stronger, and are heavier, there has to be more muscle on your body then when you started.

Cards
06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I can survive on about $4/day worth of food, if you want some suggestions PM me and I'll give you some suggestions.

As far as a difference, like I said before, it's really hard to tell when in one pic you are flexed and the other you aren't. But if you are stronger, and are heavier, there has to be more muscle on your body then when you started.

this

ZenMonkey
06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I cant see much of a difference. Starting Strength is far far superior to your split.