PDA

View Full Version : Benchpress meet in Bristol thats puts men against women??

BIGJOHN
06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I can't believe it. This bench meet in Bristol Pa says if women enter they have to face the men. I have never heard of this. I think this just a way of keeping women out of the meet. Girls can lift but they don't have the testosterone guys have. What a strange meet. The gym is called Transformations and hear is the number if anybody wants to tell them what they think of this #267-266-0055 or info@pttransformations.com. Thanks.0.

Eric Downey
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
If thats the rules of the meet that the rules. 1 open division for all. Nothing wrong with it as long as it advertised that way from the start.

DrDudley-Robey
06-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Becca Swanson, Laura Phelps and other could win the meet!

Ryano
06-03-2009, 05:15 AM

Becca would probably have a good chance at the Biggest bench of the meet.

JK1
06-03-2009, 09:28 AM

don't forget Melissa Garrett either....

Beefcaker
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I can't believe it. This bench meet in Bristol Pa says if women enter they have to face the men. I have never heard of this. I think this just a way of keeping women out of the meet. Girls can lift but they don't have the testosterone guys have. What a strange meet. The gym is called Transformations and hear is the number if anybody wants to tell them what they think of this #267-266-0055 or info@pttransformations.com. Thanks.0.

I'm a bit confused why you think there is something wrong with it? I am all for women's rights and such, but to get all pissed off because they have one big open class? That's ridiculous.

Posting this kind of stuff on a website you've never been on isn't exactly kosher either...

Brian C
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Its a pilates/yoga based gym so the chicks probably could lift more than the "dudes"

Hazerboy
06-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Honestly, the owners were probably just being really lazy about organizing the meet, and they didn't want to be REAAALLY sexist and not have a woman's division at all, so they just looped 'em all together.