PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight help?

xsuprizex
06-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I have been lifting and doing cardio to get in shape for my summer vacation to the beach. My workout routine is
M/W/F-chest/back/abs/legs/cardio
T/Th- shoulders/biceps/triceps/cardio

My main goal is to get rid of the fat that is blocking my abs, and i am starting to see an improvement. But when i started lifting i was 182 and now i am 172. That has been in about 1.5months i lost that.

Is that right? Is there a way for me to get back to 180 and still be burning fat so i lose body fat and not over all weight? Or am i gonna keep losing till my abs are visable, then i will have to build a lot more muscle mass to gain my weight back?

Also if you have any ideas on nutrition i would love to hear it.
I eat about 6-8 small meals/snacks a day i have 3 protien shakes, and i drink gallons upon gallons of water.

Thanks hope you can help me

samadhi_smiles
06-02-2009, 08:58 AM
keep your diet constant but add in two shakes. I like to eat pasteurized eggs in shakes (3:1 egg white only:whole egg) and whey + milk. Its a good 'bulk' shake - packs the protein in! You can easily get 6 eggs in a shake and it doesn't taste bad or eggy really. A dozen eggs a day added to your regular diet will make your strength go up and your weight.

Err just saw you eat 3 shakes already. What are they made out of? Perhaps you can just add eggs + more whey or something?

samadhi_smiles
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
You could also just try eating 3 square meals a day + 3 large shakes. I think consuming something every 2 hours or so will just decrease sensitivity to insulin. I find its better to have large meals less frequently (despite what people always seem to say about bodybuilding and eating frequently). Experiment yourself.

xsuprizex
06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I just use 1 scoop of my whey protein which is 20g. And I just mix it with 8oz of water. One through out the day, one before and after workout.

samadhi_smiles
06-02-2009, 12:48 PM
you should beef that up and you will start gaining weight again.