PDA

View Full Version : Big Mistake....

Tim K
06-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I had recently suggested a new lifter come peruse the Powerlifting/Olympic lifts forums of Wannabebig.com to gain a basic knowledge of lifting. After making the suggestion, I decided to spend a few minutes reading through threads to see what was new.

I was horrified at what I was reading... people asking for routine critiques where they would have a whole day devoted to biceps and nobody calling them on it. Post after post about how to fix a bench or whining about why my bench is so weak. Threads on which wrist strap to buy to help with grip on deadlifts... I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Then I realized I was in the Bodybuilding & Weight Lifting Forum. I feel much better now that I'm in the right forum.

Travis Bell
06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the compliments on our PL forum!

We certainly are always welcoming guys who want to gently guide some of the younger and less experienced posters in the Bodybuilding Forum

samadhi_smiles
06-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I had recently suggested a new lifter come peruse the Powerlifting/Olympic lifts forums of Wannabebig.com to gain a basic knowledge of lifting. After making the suggestion, I decided to spend a few minutes reading through threads to see what was new.

I was horrified at what I was reading... people asking for routine critiques where they would have a whole day devoted to biceps and nobody calling them on it. Post after post about how to fix a bench or whining about why my bench is so weak. Threads on which wrist strap to buy to help with grip on deadlifts... I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Then I realized I was in the Bodybuilding & Weight Lifting Forum. I feel much better now that I'm in the right forum.

hahahahaha :outnumber:

Clifford Gillmore
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
This PL forum is one of the best free resources available on the internet, there are multiple record holders, WS guys, and some amazingly strong people all giving out great advice. Its much appreciated by myself, thats for sure :)

Tim K
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
This PL forum is one of the best free resources available on the internet, there are multiple record holders, WS guys, and some amazingly strong people all giving out great advice. Its much appreciated by myself, thats for sure :)

Agreed. Pops told me about this place and I've been impressed since my first visit a year or so ago. I've gained a lot of knowledge from this forum and continue to learn new things at a fairly regular rate. I don't post often because almost any question I can think of has already been answered and any question posed by others is answered by someone far more knowledgeable than myself.

I wish there had been a resource like this available when I started lifting 26 years ago. I could have avoided a lot of mistakes. To this day, I curse Muscle and Fitness.

MarcusWild
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
It's called "Muscle and Fiction" for a reason, haha.

I agree this is a great forum. It reminds me of what monster muscle was 3 years ago when I started lifting. I got a ton of help there. I'd probably still think getting 25 lbs from my bench shirt is good if it wasn't for the online powerlifting community.