PDA

View Full Version : whey

wwe9112
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
So I just bought some Whey protein drink... I'm wondering - will this help me loos weight? Like how should I take it; should I eat with it or what? Also; how much do I take I'm 15 235 5'7 linemen so any ideas? How often should I tak eit? What will this stuff do for me; I read the back of it and stuff; but I'd still like to hear you guys input.

thanx

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
No, whey won't help you lose weight. Your overall diet will help you lose weight. On that note, what is your diet like?

You should also take an adventurous trip full of wonder and joy to the stickies in this section.

Rip.66.
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
lol....just drink the Whey shakes after you lift mixed in Water, not milk, and eat somewhat clean. You are a fellow football guy so make sure your lifts are always heavy and explosive. Big arms never got anyone anywhere in the trenches.

wwe9112
06-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Um; I eat pretty much what ever i want in proportion. I was 278 but I lost weight and Now I'm slowly going back up(which Is fine with me just as long as I stay under 245 I only gained 5 ib in 2 months so I'm not upset) I also eat low sugar, and I don't eat after 6pm.

projectpete19
06-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Rip.66 - why do you say not to mix whey with milk?

Tom Mutaffis
06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
WWE9112 -

Nice work on the weight loss.

With the whey protein you should be taking as much as needed to reach your overall daily goal; which should be somewhere around 200 grams of protein everyday. One important time to drink shakes is immediately following your workout. The reason why someone suggested water and not milk is because the casein protein in milk and the carbohydrates will slow down the digestion of the whey protein.

I would not fast after 6 PM, but instead simply eat low carbohydrates in the evening. Eating something like cottage cheese, can of tuna, or drinking a protein shake before bed will provide your body with the protein that you need to maintain a positive nitrogen balance and build muscle. Not eating for 12 hours everyday is not going to allow you optimal recovery.

What kind of protein did you purchase?

wwe9112
06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
WWE9112 -

Nice work on the weight loss.

With the whey protein you should be taking as much as needed to reach your overall daily goal; which should be somewhere around 200 grams of protein everyday. One important time to drink shakes is immediately following your workout. The reason why someone suggested water and not milk is because the casein protein in milk and the carbohydrates will slow down the digestion of the whey protein.

I would not fast after 6 PM, but instead simply eat low carbohydrates in the evening. Eating something like cottage cheese, can of tuna, or drinking a protein shake before bed will provide your body with the protein that you need to maintain a positive nitrogen balance and build muscle. Not eating for 12 hours everyday is not going to allow you optimal recovery.

What kind of protein did you purchase?

I got the El Cheapo form Walmart, it's Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein. I got the strawberry. I drank my first amount today after I was done lifting and doing some of the cross trainer. That stuff taste horrible lol; I used water I'll try with milk to hope its a little more enjoyable...

Mercuryblade
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I got the El Cheapo form Walmart, it's Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein. I got the strawberry. I drank my first amount today after I was done lifting and doing some of the cross trainer. That stuff taste horrible lol; I used water I'll try with milk to hope its a little more enjoyable...

Is that the crap that has the "proprietary blend" in it too?
My GF picked a tub of that stuff, it was awful, and gave me a terrible feeling in my stomach.

wwe9112
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Is that the crap that has the "proprietary blend" in it too?
My GF picked a tub of that stuff, it was awful, and gave me a terrible feeling in my stomach.

LOL I'm not sure I'll look later; I mean I'm sure it works, I seen on the net people saying it's good for its' price. I'll surely continue to use it My stomach feels fine just the damn taste was like eating strawberry flavored poop :P...

knicksfan20
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
If you want to lose weight, you just need to watch what you put in your mouth. Protein drinks arnt going to help you lose weight