PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Floor speed/strength ideas

blownby
06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Any recomendations to get the weight moving. My lockout is my strong point at this time. I pull conventional as well and have access to bands & chains.

Thanks,

MarcusWild
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I've heard front squats are good, but I've never personally tried them. I've done shoulder width low box squats and those helped. Deadlifting against bands made a big difference, because you have to be as aggressive as possible off the floor. The initial burst off the floor is mostly quads.

Pete22
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Try pulling from different deficits (2", 4", etc) and speed pulls; these have helped my strength and speed off the floor.

bladelol
06-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Try pulling from different deficits (2", 4", etc) and speed pulls; these have helped my strength and speed off the floor.

+1

deficits and speed pulls have helped me off the floor

Brian Hopper
06-03-2009, 06:59 PM
+1

deficits and speed pulls have helped me off the floor

Same here, I do speed pulls with monster mini bands doubled up on a Jump stretch board and I love them, because you have to be fast or else it will be tough to lock out!!!

Clone
06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Another vote for deficits.

I built a 3" high platform for deficit pulls and do almost all of my deadlifting on it.

Plus the neat thing is that when you go back to pulling off the floor, it feels like a rack pull since the ROM is shorter.

I haven't decided if I like bands yet for strength/speed off the floor.

You really have to launch to outrun the bands, but usually have to drop weight with the bands, which decreases the load off the bottom.

I just use a lighter band to keep the actual bar weight higher.

Chains can be used too.

blownby
06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
sounds good,

thanks,