PDA

View Full Version : For Those Into Oly Lifting

Chubrock
06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Ended up grilling out and hanging with Casey and Natalie Bergener last weekend. For those that don't know them, they're on the USA Olympic Team. Casey has an all time best C&J of ~485 and an all time best Snatch of ~404 or so. Natalie owns US Records in the 63kilo class in both Snatch (220lbs) and C&J (260lbs). Not only that, but she's pretty damn attractive to boot haha. Both were great people and awesome to hang out with. Not sure anybody really cares, but for those interested in Oly lifting, I thought it was pretty cool.

Casey - uBUP3NGYAXU

Natalie - CCmrHVHA8J0

Auburn
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Very cool. Just how skinny has Casey gotten these days?

Bob
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
That's cool Chubs...
I didn't know they got married.. I guess great things are going to be expected of their offspring... Watch out 2032 Olympics!!

Chubrock
06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Auburn- He looked to be down to around 220-230. He was saying he's pretty good at putting on/shedding the weight.

Bob- Ain't that the damn truth. Whenever they decide to have kids, I'm sure they'll be absolute monsters.

tomv
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice vids man, it's always very humbling to watch a much smaller girl throw around weights for warmup that I am struggling to use haha.

Lucky duck for being able to hang out with them!

Auburn
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Did Casey give any hint of coming out of retirement?

Chubrock
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Nope, no hints on coming out of retirement. Both him and Natalie seem to be enjoying giving Oly Seminars with Casey's dad. Not sure if they're feeling the itch again to compete.

Auburn
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I hate that he left on such circumstances, but he was still a powerful lifter.

I knew they were going around with Mike, but I thought they both had strength coach jobs lined up at some university at one point. Maybe that was more rumor than anything else.

Chubrock
06-04-2009, 07:07 AM
That (university gig) I don't know. They very well may. They're not following Mike's same schedule at this time. More doing their own seminars here and there. Kinda taking it easy.

brihead301
06-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Natalie does have a very nice snatch.

Chubrock
06-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Haha. Auburn, you were wondering how much weight Casey had lost. Here is a recent picture from his dad's website: http://www.mikesgym.org/wod/images/ncasey.jpg

tomv
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
HOLY CRAP! He has thinned out a LOT. I remember flicking around Mike's website a while ago and he was a big boy. Why did he lose the weight? Simply cos he's no longer competing?

Auburn
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Why did he lose the weight? Simply cos he's no longer competing?

Yeah, that's my understanding. A lot of SHWs decide to cut weight after they stop competing at elite levels. Shane Hamman said he would, but he was still a big power bear last time I saw a picture of him.

Guido
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Very cool, Chubs.

I certainly know of Casey and Natalie. Both great lifters. Thankfully there are some decent ones out there who are filling in their shoes. I was at the Pan Am Games this past weekend in Chicago and saw some primising young American's compete pretty well. Patrick Judge is probably the most promising heavyweight men's lifter in America right now and saw him hit a 376kg total (he got the bronze medal but was right in it till the end). Collin Ito and Cody Gibbs also had good performances. Norik Vardanian also really stood out with a great performance in the 94kg class. He ended up with I think 206kg in the C+J (or right around there). Kendrick Farris was a little off from his Olympic form but he looked like he's getting back in shape. Sarah Robles looked really good for the 75+ women. Anyway...awesome stuff.

Chubrock
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
That's awesome man. I'm hoping that US Weightlifting will take off a bit more and start producing podium finishers on a consistent basis.