PDA

View Full Version : Time to cut, need advise.

godofthunder
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi all.

Im going to start cutting for the first time, have added 25-30 lbs over the winter and its time to see the resaults.
my diet has maintenance of approx 3000 kcal of wich 260 gr protein
320 gr carbs and 52 gr fats. this adds up to about 3000 kcal.

I weigh 225 pounds and im approx 15-17% body fat.

Could any one give me some cutting advise or/and opinion on my energy intake?

Skelator03
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I like the TNT diet personally seen lots of gains and lost quite a bit BF

http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991017124/m/1431038013

look at it might be right for you

ygbodybuilder10
06-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi all.

Im going to start cutting for the first time, have added 25-30 lbs over the winter and its time to see the resaults.
my diet has maintenance of approx 3000 kcal of wich 260 gr protein
320 gr carbs and 52 gr fats. this adds up to about 3000 kcal.

I weigh 225 pounds and im approx 15-17% body fat.

Could any one give me some cutting advise or/and opinion on my energy intake?

keep ur protein high and if you think u can drop the wight with ur carbs being that high than goa head and keep it like that

i would carb cycle, some days u have high carbs some days u have low carbs

godofthunder
06-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Can any one tall me the advantages of carb cycle and may be point me to a propper thread?
This is what ive been eating for the past 4 days.....
Protein 276,08 Carbs 286,44 Fats 48,8 Total Kcal 2688,5
Tease are all healthy sources such as whey protein, gradual release proteins, oats, bananas, apples, tuna and dinner, useually chicken or something...
is this to much of a drop from my 3000 kcal maintenance?

icnelly
06-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Can any one tall me the advantages of carb cycle and may be point me to a propper thread?

Third from the top: Calories and Carb Cycling (http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125375).

Also, hit the FAQ (http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99119) and read So You Need Help with Your Diet (http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74607). There are other useful threads in there too.

brihead301
06-04-2009, 07:24 AM
If it were me, I'd:

1.) Cut the calories (duh)
2.) Increase the fats
3.) Reduce the carbs
4.) Cut out all sugars and starchy carbs

godofthunder
06-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Ok.

I read the article and i have a couple of questions since english isnt my first language.

Im doing the madcow 5x5, and i workout tues,thu, and saturdays. i figured at least two of those should be high carbs days, an one low carb... righ? if so which one should be the low carb?

On no carb day, should i eat more protein than useual because im not getting any energy from carbs?

im currently eating around 50-60 grams of fat per day, most of which comes from oats, im thinking of getting peanut butter into my diet, how would it help the most? do i need more fat?

Skelator03
06-04-2009, 02:37 PM
man check out that TNT it lays it all out and tells you WHY! you are doing what you are doing it is really informative

Airliner4
06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey skelator you seem to know about the TNT diet, can you answer this for me?

I'm looking to get on it but I'm confused about the When of The Fat-Burning Time Zone.

So you eat the food on the Fat Burning Time Zone List everyday except 1 hour before/after workouts. If this is right then what do you eat 1 hour before/after workouts?

Thanks

Skelator03
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I definately push that TNT diet as i personally have seen it work for myself and others. You don't eat right before you workout give yourself like an hour break before your workout after eating and you want to intake 20g protein at least within 30 mins before your workout and 30 mins after. Then eat a high protein meal after your workout after an hour. Thats the guidelines here is what i do personally and everything i have read from the people that tweak stuff like this is:

Shake 20g+ right before workout or within 15 mins
workout
Shake 20g+ right after
then drive home bout 20 to 30 mins and then I eat right when i get home.

Everyone gonna be a little different but what your doing is giving you body the protein before and after and then waiting a little bit and getting a meal high in protein for your body to chill out and consume. Then depending on time you could have more shakes and more meals or snacks it just depends.

It really is as easy as it sounds when you read about it TRY IT and POST your results :) good luck to you and hit me up if i can be any help (even though most the other guys on here know more about he science of things lol)

Airliner4
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks. I've been cutting for about 3 weeks, mostly focusing on calories in vs calories out, and the scale says I've lost 2-3 pounds but I'm not noticing it in the areas I would like - the gut. But giving it more time and adjusting with the TNT diet I think will help.

A quick question about shakes, TNT says to use water with the whey protein, are these the only ingredients you use? I can't imagine a shake with water (rather than milk) and whey tasting very good. I've made shakes in the past usually using peanut butter, 1 banana, milk and whey - but it sounds like those ingredients go against what TNT says. Any advice?

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking this thread!

godofthunder
06-11-2009, 05:50 AM
No problem, I hava no problem swallowing whey with pure Icelandic water, but i admit its better with milk.
Useualy fat appears first on your stomach (if your a guy) unfourtunatly that means that if you burn fat, the oldest fat is going to remain longer then the newer ones.

icnelly
06-11-2009, 07:27 PM
keep ur protein high and if you think u can drop the wight with ur carbs being that high than goa head and keep it like that.

Keeping LBM is key, so high protein and proper workouts (as you said), but as long as there is a deficit, you'll be losing, right?. So, What's the deal with high carbs and dropping weight?

Skelator03
06-12-2009, 10:36 AM
It says used water and i have never had a drink that i enjoyed till NITREAN!!!!!!!!
GO TO atlargenurtition.com and buy that works perfect for TNT i have been carving out about 2 pds a week of BF or a little less but i like to say 2 makes me feel better

Thanks. I've been cutting for about 3 weeks, mostly focusing on calories in vs calories out, and the scale says I've lost 2-3 pounds but I'm not noticing it in the areas I would like - the gut. But giving it more time and adjusting with the TNT diet I think will help.

Also your body is gonna pull fat from the extremities first. Think of it this way. If your dieing in a desert and have no food your body will do whatever it can to save your core and your vital health functions. Same applys here you might not see it right away cuz its pulling fat out of your legs and arms first. Just dont get discouraged and you will do fine. TNT is very easy and to be honest i quite enjoy it.

Skelator03
06-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Keeping LBM is key, so high protein and proper workouts (as you said), but as long as there is a deficit, you'll be losing, right?. So, What's the deal with high carbs and dropping weight?

Sorry to double post i see lots on here do it but im not usually a fan. That being said I personally like to cut carbs when cutting put your body through ketosis and get your body to start helping you out eating that fat away no carb, no sugar, no starchy veggies ;) thats the key my friend

Airliner4
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Can you suggest any good snacks on the TNT diet? Cheese is a good one but I eat it all the time and even though I love it I'm kinda getting sick of it as a snack. Are there any others that don't take much preperation?

Thanks.

RUFF_RYDER
06-18-2009, 07:31 PM
swimming helps alot