PDA

View Full Version : Should i be eating pork?

knicksfan20
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Is Pork good to eat? or not really, i did a search and found nothing.

thank you

samadhi_smiles
06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
pork chops are so tasty oh man.

I like to fry them in coconut oil breaded with breadcrumbs/egg/salt/pepper. I chop the fat off them so they are incredibly lean. Serve with sweet taters and spinach. I eat that twice a week or more...great protein!

ygbodybuilder10
06-03-2009, 05:43 PM

I like to fry them in coconut oil breaded with breadcrumbs/egg/salt/pepper. I chop the fat off them so they are incredibly lean. Serve with sweet taters and spinach. I eat that twice a week or more...great protein!

i dont know about the fried part but is ok to eat when bulking or cutting

icnelly
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM

This sounds really freaking good man!!

VikingWarlord
06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Does it fit in your macros? If yes, eat it. If no, don't.

I need to make this a flowchart graphic.

samadhi_smiles
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
i dont know about the fried part but is ok to eat when bulking or cutting

well, frying in butter is not the greatest thing, but coconut oil is actually extremely healthy. Google 'coconut oil + medium chain fat' and learn :)

People hear 'frying' and immediately think OH NO UNHEALTHY! Its only unhealthy if you're frying in some crap like lard or butter (although butter is heavenly for certain dishes...).

Unreal
06-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Nothing wrong with butter.

Clifford Gillmore
06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Lean trim pork is right up there with chicken breast.

samadhi_smiles
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Nothing wrong with butter.

if it fits within your macros, sure. Its way too easy to get too much saturated fats from. Most of us I wager don't need to worry about getting TOO LITTLE saturated fats.

Skalami
06-05-2009, 05:29 AM
fried pork is delicous. I bring some pork chops over to my moms house weekly because she knows how to do it best. Shes a vegetarian (i call em vegelesbians) but she still cooks the pork chops amazing. She uses panko bread crumbs