PDA

View Full Version : whatever happened to these great lifters?

vdizenzo
06-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Gene needs a dl to hit 3k. That being said, I am pretty sure he'll be benching again in the fall.

Glenn "The Big Daddy" Ross hit a raw meet within the past year I believe.

Magnus competed WSM last year but did not make the finals. He has a bad back.

Henderson used to do those Christian Power Events. He may still do them. I know he does motivational speaking also. Your opinion is fine, but Mendelson does have the record of the best raw bench ever.

Glen Chabot suffered a pec tear and some other unforeseen problems. There are always rumors of his return--they are false!

Travis Bell
06-04-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL You must be kidding me!

Only 610 raw? Since when did a 600+ raw bench become something that you'd put the word "only" in front of.

The way you throw out that 1k dead as well makes me chuckle, as if it's just so easy.

I'm actually friends with Gene. He's a good guy and an absolute monster in the bench, but he hasn't competed in the squat in a very long time and he certainly is not going to pull a thousand. Only one person in the world has ever done that, and even he has never been able to do it after taking a max squat and bench.

Travis Bell
06-04-2009, 09:29 PM
you take a lot of my posts out of context.

Well don't say dumb things about how someone only benches 610 raw and could easily pull a grand, and I think you'll find it reads a lot easier :)

jbrin0tk
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Well don't say dumb things about how someone only benches 610 raw and could easily pull a grand, and I think you'll find it reads a lot easier :)

lol.

NickAus
06-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Not too many men on the planet can raw bench more than 610lbs.........

Hazerboy
06-05-2009, 12:11 AM
At what point did you see any of these guys on TV? Where do you "hear" about them?

Jesse Hernandez
06-05-2009, 12:51 AM

Only 610 raw? Since when did a 600+ raw bench become something that you'd put the word "only" in front of.

The way you throw out that 1k dead as well makes me chuckle, as if it's just so easy.

I'm actually friends with Gene. He's a good guy and an absolute monster in the bench, but he hasn't competed in the squat in a very long time and he certainly is not going to pull a thousand. Only one person in the world has ever done that, and even he has never been able to do it after taking a max squat and bench.

Actually, in my opinion, which counts for about 2 U.S cents, I think he has a point. 610 raw, is quiet impressive and puts him in good company. But you wouldnt think his raw bench is ONLY 610 when he has done 1,000lbs. I love gear too, but i'll have to agree with rctriplefresh5 just a little bit on this topic. Seriously a 400lb swing, thats major.

NickAus
06-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't think many guys with a 610 raw bench would be trying to keep it a secret.

400lb carryover means he is very good in a shirt and has a great lock-out, maybe his raw numbers are affected by an old injury that keeps him from training raw on a regular basis.

Just my thoughts.

Jesse Hernandez
06-05-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't think many guys with a 610 raw bench would be trying to keep it a secret.

400lb carryover means he is very good in a shirt and has a great lock-out, maybe his raw numbers are affected by an old injury that keeps him from training raw on a regular basis.

Just my thoughts.

I agree, im just stating my opinion. Its a non-swayed and non-biased opinion. If you bench 1010 in gear, and only 610 raw it would seem that the raw is less impressive. Im saying if you asked 20 people on this forum to guess a 1k benchers raw press, they wouldnt say 610.

thegreatone
06-05-2009, 02:58 AM

This is exactly what I thought too. 600+ most guys can't squat that raw and 1000lb DLs? How many guys can actually do that? a handful? Not many

you take a lot of my posts out of context.

I think it's because you refer to amazing feats of strength as if they are commonplace. Even if that's not how you meant it, that's how it came across.

Travis Bell
06-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Actually, in my opinion, which counts for about 2 U.S cents, I think he has a point. 610 raw, is quiet impressive and puts him in good company. But you wouldnt think his raw bench is ONLY 610 when he has done 1,000lbs. I love gear too, but i'll have to agree with rctriplefresh5 just a little bit on this topic. Seriously a 400lb swing, thats major.

Well I can see this thread is now heading towards a gear debate which is completely off topic.

let's keep it on track or it'll be locked. The whole gear debate thing has been beaten stupid

EatMyWay2TheTop
06-05-2009, 04:40 AM

Travis, I read a while back Vlad Alhazov came to Westside after his huge total and injured his knee while squatting. Never heard of him ever since, is that true ?

Rob Luyando
06-05-2009, 07:34 AM
yeah i wasnt disputing the raw bench record and i love mendy as a bencher.just like henderson some more.
thanks for the reply. im sure gene could hit a 1k deadlift though. but then again gear does add alot to his squat and dl, i heard he can barely bench press 610 pounds raw and hes a gear fanatics.

OK are you ****ing serious? First off Gene can't pull a Grand no way in hell and he will give you the same reply as I did. And as far as his raw bench who cares what he can handle raw. He is a equiped lifter his equiped numbers are all that matter. You trying holding a grand in your hand and then bench it and then we will worry about your raw bench.

Rob Luyando
06-05-2009, 07:38 AM
At what point did you see any of these guys on TV? Where do you "hear" about them?

I saw Mendy on a Harley Davison commercial. And yes he is just as Ugly in person.

Rob Luyando
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
And Scott Mendleson has benched 1200 in the gym, squatted 1000 plus raw. You my friend are a jack ass!

Gene best compition squat is 1005 his best Competion bench is 1010. His best meet pull is @ 700. I am friends with Gene and would love to see him hit a 3000 lbs total but it will NEVER happen. Goback to your arm chair powerlifting.

isaku900
06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
And Scott Mendleson has benched 1200 in the gym, squatted 1000 plus raw. You my friend are a jack ass!

Gene best compition squat is 1005 his best Competion bench is 1010. His best meet pull is @ 700. I am friends with Gene and would love to see him hit a 3000 lbs total but it will NEVER happen. Goback to your arm chair powerlifting.

rob, seriously, don't waste your time with this guy.

he was banned from bb.com for being an idiot...I believe that speaks wonders.

Tom Mutaffis
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Glenn Ross is competing in strongman event in Philadelphia next month, the contest is on July 4th.

It is called the MHP Liberty Strongman Classic I believe. Al Thompson is the promoter.

barbell01
06-05-2009, 11:28 AM
donnie thompson.

barbell01
06-05-2009, 11:29 AM
travis, i believe benedikt mag. has also pulled a thou.

vdizenzo
06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
travis, i believe benedikt mag. has also pulled a thou.

No he has not.

barbell01
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
just checked, i stand corrected. sorry

Travis Bell
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
RC, show some respect to someone like Rob Luyando. Obviously you don't know who he is, but I suggest you do some simple research

More posts like that and you'll be gone. PM me for more details or questions