PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Brother : Weird Situation..

thebirdman
06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok, well I wanted to know the best diet (even tho i basically have that down pat) and workout for someone who wants to cut. I only bulk basically, so I don't know how to deal with him, mainly because he has never worked out before. He isnt chubby,he is 5'11" and 180. He just doesnt have definition at all or muscle mass. He does not want to get bigger, he just wants to lose his little roll and tighten up his muscles. I wish I could help him but he doesnt wanna get bigger or more muscular, so I am hoping you guys can help me out with the "cutting phase" (idk if its cutting if he never got big lol)

let me know what you would do

Joshua_P
06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
If he eats near maintenance or slightly above, he will get stronger, and lose fat off of "noob" gains. Thats what happened for me...
Just get him on a lifting plan with light cardio, and a clean diet.

Joe Black
06-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Just have him train 3 times a week - two weight sessiojns (keep it simple like upper and lower body) and one cardio session.

Don;t try and make the diet too complicated. Just tell him to try and eat 3 balanced clean meals a day and have a couple of clean snacks.

Also tell him that it's actually pretty HARD to get big and bulky. We're all trying and trust me it takes years and years to get big and muscular, if only it were as easy as he thinks :)