PDA

View Full Version : Weight gainer and whey

Michigan
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Hello, this is going to be a stupid question, do weight gainer supplements have whey protein already in them? or is whey something you should still be taking right before and after each workout? I ask this question because most weight gainers say to take it right after each workout.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Weight gainers generally have protein in them, yes.

samadhi_smiles
06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
just buy bulk whey and make your own weight gainer out of oat and rice flour.

Michigan
06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Do you guys have any good recipes? I know there is that bake shake.

samadhi_smiles
06-06-2009, 10:37 AM
a cup of oats ground up is 400 calories, mostly carbohydrate. Thats pretty good if you add 50g of protein to it (200 calories) and some milk (dunno about 100 calories). That would be 700 calories or so...probably the most I'd want to consume in one go.

cphafner
06-06-2009, 12:29 PM
a cup of oats ground up is 400 calories, mostly carbohydrate. Thats pretty good if you add 50g of protein to it (200 calories) and some milk (dunno about 100 calories). That would be 700 calories or so...probably the most I'd want to consume in one go.

He's asking about pre and post workout though. I wouldn't go taking oats then. I'd look for something quicker like a maltodextrin, dextrose, or waxy maize.

Michigan
06-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Do you guys think this "bako shake" is even healthy? sure it's a great way to bulk up but man, after your done bulking, it seems like your heart is going to give out lol.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
You can make your own shakes. Be creative. The Bako shake tastes like death and makes you feel worse than death during the nuclear digestion process.

samadhi_smiles
06-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Do you guys think this "bako shake" is even healthy? sure it's a great way to bulk up but man, after your done bulking, it seems like your heart is going to give out lol.

I don't think its smart to take in more than 500-700 calories at once. Your body will just store much as fat. The whole bulking and cutting crap that people spout here is a bunch of nonsense. Yeah, bulk 30 pounds and then cut 10 pounds of bodyfat (and in the process lose 5-10 pounds muscle). Makes TONS of sense (sarcasm).

For pre/post workouts go get some bulk dextrose and bulk whey. Mix 50g of each in water (dextrose is twice as dense as whey so 1 scoop dextrose = 2 scoops whey).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't think its smart to take in more than 500-700 calories at once. Your body will just store much as fat.
How do you figure? Are you inventing your own ideas now about the digestion process?

The whole bulking and cutting crap that people spout here is a bunch of nonsense.
Again... how do you figure? Bulking and cutting is how you... get big. That is the only way... to get big. You can "clean bulk", but you are essentially still bulking... slowly putting on weight and cutting the fat later. Unless you are blessed by God and only gain muscle and 0 fat, you're going to have to do a few bulking/cutting phases here and there. Unless your goal is to try and stay the same weight while gaining strength, which can only take you so far.