PDA

View Full Version : A strong bodybuilder

chris mason
06-05-2009, 09:41 PM
This guy is quite strong. He did faux pas a bit with his comments about powerlifters when someone claiming to be one bashed him a bit:

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=63373

Watch the video. You can skip to the 9 minute or so mark.

Jesse Hernandez
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
600@190?!

Brian C
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
600@190?!

Bullsh@t

Jesse Hernandez
06-05-2009, 10:51 PM
lol.... well I dont know, thats just the FIRST time he benched 600 raw.

samadhi_smiles
06-06-2009, 07:58 AM
holy ****ing ****

Rob Luyando
06-06-2009, 08:11 AM
I will never get that 9 mins of my life back.

chris mason
06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah, the claims at the end were a bit far-fetched. The guy is definitely strong, but I was a bit amused by his getting super intense for the 135 lbs first set...

Rob Luyando
06-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah I laughed about that as well. Strong dude but no 600 lbs bencher.

chris mason
06-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Geez, now I HAVE to like him. He sent me this PM which I thought was pretty cool:
Sorry, I didn't really mean to bash powerlifters as i'm a huge fan of the sport. What I get tired of is haters on here finding anything they can to pick apart to make themselves feel better. In fact I train now and then with Joel Taranzo who is a world class powerlifter and a 840lb bencher. No not all are sloppy most now are starting to realize you don't need all that extra weight to keep your strength gains progressing. By the way I use a couple of your products.

I suppose he was probably doing a little acting for the cameras on this lighter sets.

Brian C
06-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Geez, now I HAVE to like him. He sent me this PM which I thought was pretty cool:
Sorry, I didn't really mean to bash powerlifters as i'm a huge fan of the sport. What I get tired of is haters on here finding anything they can to pick apart to make themselves feel better. In fact I train now and then with Joel Taranzo who is a world class powerlifter and a 840lb bencher. No not all are sloppy most now are starting to realize you don't need all that extra weight to keep your strength gains progressing. By the way I use a couple of your products.

I suppose he was probably doing a little acting for the cameras on this lighter sets.
Guess you have to like him now LOL. The 135 set is priceless

chris mason
06-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, and I actually figured that is what it was. I TOTALLY understand his frustration. You get these 150 lbs twits commenting negatively on incredible lifts. Heck, I posted the Konstantinov video on another forum and people have **** to say about it.

This same guy in the bench video has another one with him shoulder pressing the 160s with ease, yet people bitch about it.

Rob Luyando
06-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Joel Toranzo is a stud! But this guy is still comicle. Anyone that gets that jacked for 135 has issues. LOL!

samadhi_smiles
06-06-2009, 09:51 AM
he's pumped lol

samadhi_smiles
06-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, and I actually figured that is what it was. I TOTALLY understand his frustration. You get these 150 lbs twits commenting negatively on incredible lifts. Heck, I posted the Konstantinov video on another forum and people have **** to say about it.

This same guy in the bench video has another one with him shoulder pressing the 160s with ease, yet people bitch about it.

I saw a video of this guy doing hammer strength shoulder press with 5 pps and there were people on there complaining that he didn't go all the way down with each rep. You just want to say STFU!!!!!!!!!! :tuttut:

here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbsaFpoKR8

ThomasG
06-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, the claims at the end were a bit far-fetched. The guy is definitely strong, but I was a bit amused by his getting super intense for the 135 lbs first set...

lol me too that was awesome.

vdizenzo
06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Joel Toranzo is a stud! But this guy is still comicle. Anyone that gets that jacked for 135 has issues. LOL!

Why the mention of Joel?

cphafner
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Why the mention of Joel?

Look at Chris' post a few up.

Rob Luyando
06-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Why the mention of Joel?

I just wanted to see if you were paying attention is all. And you weren't Chris said the BB mentioned that he trained with him in a PM. Must be hell getting old. LOL!

vdizenzo
06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow, I'm slipping fast.

Last time I saw Joel, he was dieting and said he was going to hit a bb show.

blackboard
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
The claim at the end probably was done with a spotters help. He's strong no doubt but that doesn't give him any waivers when it comes to suspect claims.

Chris Rodgers
06-07-2009, 04:30 PM
:outnumber:
Wow, I'm slipping fast.

Last time I saw Joel, he was dieting and said he was going to hit a bb show.

Yea he's a skinny little guy now, lol. I saw a pic and he is one lean-ass mofo right now!!! :omg:

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-08-2009, 08:03 AM

I'm still trying to figure this out! Why guys who don't compete or twits that talk negative about incredible lifts.