PDA

View Full Version : 415 with 3 boards (video)

BigTallOx
06-06-2009, 08:50 PM
This morning I benched 415 with 3 boards. The bar bobbled but I got it.

I have a meet coming up in about 7 weeks, and I really would like to bench 400+ ( well actually 405+ ). From this video do you guys think that's an obtainable goal? Also I know it's not the best angle/video but any advice on what I should be focusing on would be appreciated. Oh yeah, today I didn't try to bring the bar down any faster, sometimes I try to, but it only makes it harder for me to press ( so I know it's slow, but I was focusing on tucking which I think I'm finally doing a little better, and not the speed of the decent ).

Anyway, here's the video...

HpShnSDzb5g

Jesse Hernandez
06-06-2009, 09:04 PM
7 weeks? Yea you can do 400+

WILD BILL
06-07-2009, 12:21 AM
DUDE make them raise the rack for u. U shouldnt have to lift off like that. It sux sometimes to make people change the rack height but its the little things that can give u a better bench.

J.C.
06-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Its been awesome to see you progres so much this year Ox. I'm not really a powerlifter but I like to check into this section occasionally for inspiration and to see how people are getting on. I remember how stoked you were when you finally got 315 and now you're going for 400+. What do you put your progress down to? Training in a PL gym? Massive calorie intake? Gaining Mass? Westside methods? Great work anyway.

Rob Luyando
06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Have video taken from opposite angle. Dude your arms are crazy long your three board stroke is longer then monst peoples full range. Crazy. 3brd to full range is a big difference. You have seven weeks so you should be working down to a atleast a 1/2 brd every week here on out. 400 Plus is definately an obtainable goal. Just keep focussed.

vdizenzo
06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I need to see some more angles, but it looks like your elbows are more flared than tucked.

BigTallOx
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I need to see some more angles, but it looks like your elbows are more flared than tucked.

Yeah they probably are, but they're flared out less than they used to be, and thus my comment. I'm basically just starting to understand how to tuck and I'm starting to be able to do it. I know I still have more to go, but I think as my back/lats get stronger it will be easier. ( I guess I kind of answered my own question, I need to be working my upper back. I think it will make tucking easier, probably increase the speed I can decend with,... )

KarstenDD
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
DUDE make them raise the rack for u. U shouldnt have to lift off like that. It sux sometimes to make people change the rack height but its the little things that can give u a better bench.

This. You shouldn't need a three man lift off for 415.

BigTallOx
06-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I remember how stoked you were when you finally got 315 and now you're going for 400+.

Well that is comparing raw to the relatively loose katana that I've been trying to learn. I haven't tested my raw max lately, but from how I can do 315 now, I'm guessing it's 350-ish, *maybe* 365, ( at this point I'm not all that motivated to test it since I'm benching equipped at the next meet ).

What do you put your progress down to? Training in a PL gym? Massive calorie intake? Gaining Mass? Westside methods?

All of those. I have some great training partners. The gym where I train is a good environment where people who are serious about either bodybuilding or powerlifting train, its motivating to train there. Also, I've been consistent in my training, that's probably the main thing.

Great work anyway.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

BigTallOx
06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
This. You shouldn't need a three man lift off for 415.

My buddies like to do it that way. They say it's hard to lift it that high in their shirts ( I have really long arms ). Either way, it doesn't bother me, I guess I'm used to them lifting off like this now.

robchris
06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Ox,

Excellent work man! I've found someone with arms longer than mine...

It looks like you're grip is all the way out to the rings too right?

Keep grinding brother!!! I aint far behind you (365/ 3-bd.)so far!
BTW I use a Titan F6.