PDA

View Full Version : Power Rack substitute for garage gym

Erik2003
06-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello: I am doing my research to build a "perfect" home gym. I will be moving to a private home and have the opportunity to turn the garage into my gym. Finally I can build what I need to powerlift.

Has anyone used the The Base Station / Yoke of Goergen, from Sorinex? Their price is: $1,349.00. It does appear to be a nice "power rack," and strongman/powerlifting tool. I watched their video on it and it appears to be very usefull and diverse. I am suprised alot more lifters have not been reviewed on it. If you have not seen it I think you will be impressed.

I am preparing to move to a private house and would like to consider this equipmeent as part of my new garage gym.

For now, I am looking into buying the Sick of Your Gym package from Elite Fitness because they have everything in a good package and at a great price. But, I want to fully consider every thign before building "the perfect home gym."

Also has anyone delt with Rogue Fitness. I love their 45 pound bumper plate and would like some more input about them, however, I think I will at least buy some bumber plates from them. They appear to be another Ohio powerlifting company. Wow what is going on in Ohio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stay strong...

Ben Moore
06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I'd stick with the bigger names - you can't beat the Elite package for what you get.

Pete22
06-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah Elite's stuff is definitely top notch, and that package is a good deal. You can also look into Legend Fitness, they have a Louie Simmon's line of equipment and their stuff is built like a tank quality.

Big_Byrd52
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Ive seen a pretty bad ass power rack built from 4x4's with large bolts holding it together and used as hooks. Eddie Dubios por howeever u spell it used to use one. Worked well for him... wonder what ever happened to that guy anyways? strong kid.

Rob Luyando
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Ive seen a pretty bad ass power rack built from 4x4's with large bolts holding it together and used as hooks. Eddie Dubios por howeever u spell it used to use one. Worked well for him... wonder what ever happened to that guy anyways? strong kid.

My fisrt power rack was built out of 4x4's Memories. I think its still in my dad's basement.

Reflex out of Milan IL will build any type of equipment cheap (except Mono lift).

HP666
06-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Another good place to check: http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/

ehubbard
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Another good place to check: http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/

You can actually go to there store in Long island and buy the rack and not pay shipping.

JK1
06-10-2009, 12:27 AM

My first power rack was built from 4x4's. I used that thing all through highschool and into college until I finally had some money....

I still have the first 2x2 rack I bought way back then too. its beat to hell, but it still works.

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
I bought mine for 350 including shipping. it works great. I wouldn't load it with more than 6-700 pounds but I probably won't ever squat/rack pull that much. I bought it at Sam's Club.