PDA

View Full Version : Complexes

GHOGH
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
6/7
Ok so today I did some complexes, never done them before, I found this routine via youtube, turbulence training.

6x6 barbell, 1 set with bar 2 sets with 65lbs

Squat
Push Press
Front Squat
Wide grip upright rows
Romanian Deads
Deads

That **** kicked my ass.

Does anyone do these, or similar and what other variations?

slashkills
06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Ive done this one before with 5 reps for each exercise and the whole complex for 4 sets.

Sensei
06-08-2009, 01:50 AM
"Complexes" are great. They used to be called super sets, giant sets, circuits, etc....

If your goals are a little local muscular endurance and/or crank up the heart-rate, then fine, but 65lb is still just the bar with a ten on each side. If your goal is strength, then this is NOT the way to go about getting it.

Irish
06-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah complexes are awesome for circuits and overal conditioning.

I normally use them to drop BF or if i don't fancy doing cardio. How much rest were you taking inbetween?

I have performed a different complex involving;

Deadlift
SL Deadlifts
Hang Clean
Power Clean
Split Jerks
Over Head Squats

5x5 again, i just had the bar to begin with (moved up to 10kg aside) and that knocked me off my feet. Grip went to pieces.

Aside from the near death expierence on week 1 you do actually adapt and get better at them lol so stick with them if you enjoy them :)

Travis Bell
06-08-2009, 03:46 AM
"Complexes" are great. They used to be called super sets, giant sets, circuits, etc....

If your goals are a little local muscular endurance and/or crank up the heart-rate, then fine, but 65lb is still just the bar with a ten on each side. If your goal is strength, then this is NOT the way to go about getting it.

Exactly. Great point Sensi.

This stuff would be good for endurance type athletes, but not sports like football or really even basketball (at least not ideal)

Just make sure that when you are kicking your own butt that it's something that will make you a better athlete in your respective sport.

GHOGH
06-08-2009, 04:36 PM

I am actually doing them for the endurance and cranking up the heart rate, in which I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. The weight is very light but it was my first time and did want to risk anything. The weight will go up eventually if my heart doesn't pop out of my chest first.