PDA

View Full Version : My drive on the way home from the gym

BFGUITAR
06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
A few days ago after a workout I was lazy to make food so I thought I would go to Wendy's. I got a spicy chicken combo.

On the way home I ate is very fast and was not satisfied. So, I went to Burger King and got a whopper.

I still was hungry so I went to McDonald's and got a quarter pounder and those cinnamon sticks.

Those cinnamon sticks were gross but for some reason I couldn't stop eating them.

I love food.

Clifford Gillmore
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I just make one stop.

1 large Double Whopper with cheese meal
1 Double Beef and Bacon Burger
Onion rings
and a few cheese burgers.

samadhi_smiles
06-08-2009, 08:19 AM
If I eat that stuff my bodyfat visibly increases and my lean/strength gains don't - so I don't.

Skelator03
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
ditto to what he said i can litterally see that food the next morning BUT THATS SO AWESOME THAT YOU GET TO ENJOY IT!!!!!!! im jealous

BFGUITAR
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
If I eat that stuff my bodyfat visibly increases and my lean/strength gains don't - so I don't.

lol your saying eating one burger does that to you? It's obviously psychological if that is the case :P

Sidior
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
That is one epic drive home. Sounds tasteriffic!

slashkills
06-08-2009, 08:38 PM
lol your saying eating one burger does that to you? It's obviously psychological if that is the case :P

I too can see/feel a pretty noticable difference after eating like that.

samadhi_smiles
06-09-2009, 07:19 AM
definitely, thats how many calories you think? 3k? Thats about a pound of weight gain right there. You can't gain a pound of muscle overnight (no ****). You can barely gain a pound of muscle a week if everything diet/training wise is tight. So you're adding lets say 3/4 of a pound of bodyfat. I'm sure I could tell that looking in the mirror (I'm 10% BF though maybe you're a higher bodyfat than me).

samadhi_smiles
06-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Plus you have to take into account all the sodium you consumed. Thats probably 3 or 4 thousand milligrams of sodium and thats going to increase bodyweight (if you don't normally eat a lot of salt) by 2-4 pounds probably, mostly extracellular water (ie bloat).

Sidior
06-09-2009, 09:04 AM
definitely, thats how many calories you think? 3k? Thats about a pound of weight gain right there. You can't gain a pound of muscle overnight (no ****). You can barely gain a pound of muscle a week if everything diet/training wise is tight. So you're adding lets say 3/4 of a pound of bodyfat. I'm sure I could tell that looking in the mirror (I'm 10% BF though maybe you're a higher bodyfat than me).

Plus you have to take into account all the sodium you consumed. Thats probably 3 or 4 thousand milligrams of sodium and thats going to increase bodyweight (if you don't normally eat a lot of salt) by 2-4 pounds probably, mostly extracellular water (ie bloat).

He never once claimed this was healthy or he does this regularly. BfGuitar started the thread because hitting 3 different fast food restaurants on the way home is ridiculous, which clearly by your reaction you agree with. I understand the need to encourage a healthy lifestyle to members (which I agree with) but this clearly was never intended as a serious thread to debate nutrition, so maybe try lightening up a bit!

BFGUITAR
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't eat like this every day LOL

And you must have an amazing eye to notice 3/4 of a lb of weight gain. And your assuming that 3000 calories all goes to fat. I need to eat around 3000 just to maintain so really overall I probably consumed closer to 4000 calories that day (I had a small breakfast and lunch).

So, assuming all this, the most fat I could have gained was 1000 calories worth.
And I am sorry to say but I assure you at 10% bodyfat you cannot see a change in your body from 3/4 lb of fat. Take before and after pictures and post it here. The camera angle and lighting will be the biggest factor for any differences. I understand you know your body better than we do, but you have to admit that you're looking at yourself subjectively, which obviously is tainted with personal psychological thoughts.

As for the salt... bloating is just bloating. If you want to see a difference don't take a before/after pic 10 min after eating it. Take a pic the next day, when all the food and salt has been processed.

samadhi_smiles
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
He never once claimed this was healthy or he does this regularly. BfGuitar started the thread because hitting 3 different fast food restaurants on the way home is ridiculous, which clearly by your reaction you agree with. I understand the need to encourage a healthy lifestyle to members (which I agree with) but this clearly was never intended as a serious thread to debate nutrition, so maybe try lightening up a bit!

ahahaha ok sidior

Abe Froman
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
If I followed that routine my body fat would increase by 5% by the time I got to my house.

Clifford Gillmore
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't eat like this every day LOL

I do haha!

Skelator03
06-09-2009, 05:43 PM
i think it is awesome! i have hit up like 3 or 4 places before never when coming home from the gym but a mid night smoke session and hit up lots of place to have a smorgous board at my house.

Detard
06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Epic car ride is Epic.

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
^ I hate this internet meme. Just say 'I think the car ride was epic'. That statement actually carries information. The statement in form of "Y X is Y" bears no information at all (its a tautology). Why do you have to repeat a stupid and inane joke that 15 year olds on the internet started?

Reko
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
^ I hate this internet meme. Just say 'I think the car ride was epic'. That statement actually carries information. The statement in form of "Y X is Y" bears no information at all (its a tautology). Why do you have to repeat a stupid and inane joke that 15 year olds on the internet started?

lame post is lame.

WillNoble
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
lame post is lame.

true post is true

Brad08
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM

This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Skelator03
06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
i never count my almonds but i eyeball serving sizes just wanted to give my 2 cents im still behind you that sounded like a great car ride would have been better with a blunt right after the gym. THEN! the fast food oh yeah :)

Mercuryblade
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
not fun samadhi is not fun

Reko
06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
not fun samadhi is not fun

true tautology is true.

WillNoble
06-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Self-Important f** is Self-Important

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Self-Important f** is Self-Important

yeah sling those insults! feels good huh??? :moon:

WillNoble
06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
yeah sling those insults! feels good huh??? :moon:

awwww sad samahdi is sad...

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
ok you made me laugh :D

BFGUITAR
06-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Samadhi I think you need to do more reading on nutrition and biochemistry if you think you'll gain almost a pound of fat from eating 3000 calories of fast food :).

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 02:47 PM
well whats the point though? Its just an excuse to gorge yourself. Actually, most of the bulking crap I read on this site seems like a thinly veiled excuse for just being a pig with food.

Food should be consumed as little as possible in order to stimulate growth. Doing so should definitely be a pleasurable experience (food is one of the great pleasures of life!), but there's no reason to consume a quantity of food if it will just convert to adipose tissue. We don't live anymore in 'neanderthal' times where we need fat in order to make it through the winter. We're modern humans that should respect the fact that not all humans on the Earth have enough food to consume.

/rant

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
All things equal, I'd say the human that understands my above post and internalizes the practice of passing up opportunities for excess food consumption, is a better human than the one that cannot understand and answers with anger or mockery for this type of thought.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Samadhi, pull the stick from your nether region. It's getting old quick.

samadhi_smiles
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
lol :)

BFGUITAR
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
well whats the point though? Its just an excuse to gorge yourself. Actually, most of the bulking crap I read on this site seems like a thinly veiled excuse for just being a pig with food.

Food should be consumed as little as possible in order to stimulate growth. Doing so should definitely be a pleasurable experience (food is one of the great pleasures of life!), but there's no reason to consume a quantity of food if it will just convert to adipose tissue. We don't live anymore in 'neanderthal' times where we need fat in order to make it through the winter. We're modern humans that should respect the fact that not all humans on the Earth have enough food to consume.

/rant

Well considering I had a small breakfast and lunch I think gorging myself wasn't a horrible idea.

Every time you take a sip of alcohol or do anything for the sake of pleasure you should be thinking about everything you say here.

Clifford Gillmore
06-10-2009, 06:40 PM

I laughed considerbly hard at this.

Okay, but seriously guys - back on the topic of over eating after workouts thanks :)

Reko
06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Okay, but seriously guys - back on the topic of over eating after workouts thanks :)

2 words.

1) The
2) Khan.

Thank you. Come again.

Ben Moore
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
2 words.

1) The
2) Khan.

Thank you. Come again.

Said in your best accent...

BFGUITAR
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

HAHA wow priceless.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-10-2009, 08:17 PM
lol :)
I wasn't joking.

brihead301
06-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I just slightly ejaculated over what was said in the OP. I've been dieting down now for a few months, and holy balls that stuff sounds amazing!

WillNoble
06-10-2009, 08:56 PM
ok you made me laugh :D

you know, when you are wanting to be humorous I like you... When you talk about giving Ben's 2 yr old Daughter LSD, I want to snap your spine like a twig...

Lets go for more of the former...

<3's

KarstenDD
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Impossible hypothetical is impossible.

bonytony
06-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Ugh, I couldn't eat like that. Pig.

Brad08
06-11-2009, 07:23 AM
All things equal, I'd say the human that understands my above post and internalizes the practice of passing up opportunities for excess food consumption, is a better human than the one that cannot understand and answers with anger or mockery for this type of thought.

I don't think anyone gives a **** what you think.

=Travis=
06-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Damn, how did I miss this.

Epic thread is epic

Detard
06-11-2009, 10:29 AM
LOL owned samadhi got owned

Unreal
06-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I ate 9 donuts Tuesday. Weight didn't go up. In fact just hit a new low today.

Reko
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Ugh, I couldn't eat like that. Pig.

bony tony is bony.

Ben Moore
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
fast food is fast

KoSh
06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
bony tony is bony.

Apparently, bonytony is a model and he pulls all the hot chicks. Just ask him.

I wouldn't mess with him.

:evillaugh:

WillNoble
06-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Apparently, bonytony is a model and he pulls all the hot chicks. Just ask him.

I wouldn't mess with him.

:evillaugh:

this made me Lol at my desk... Nice work

funny line was funny