PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbs, Low Fat, High Protein

dd2000
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Other than a protein shake, i'm looking for some solid good recipes to make for lunch and dinner.

Low Carbs
Low Fat
High in Protein
Low on Budget
Quick to make

Does such recipes exist? Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Unreal
06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Lean Meats
Cottage Cheese
Greek Yogurt
Jerky

dd2000
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Do you have any good cheap meals to make?

Thanks

VikingWarlord
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Cheap is a relative term. Most of what he put above is cheap for a lot of us. Take the list, go to the store, see what you can afford.

Preparation is done to taste. Or you can look through the hundreds of threads already in the recipe forum and see what works for you.

Unreal
06-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Basically your just asking for protein sources.

Now if you told us what you consider low carb/low fat then maybe we can get some other ideas. For example any meat with veggies is low carb and high protein. Stirfries, soups, etc. How you season and how much veggies you use will effect the carbs/fat.

Some of my high protein goto recipes
Omeletes (eggs, egg whites, veggies, meat). I made a shrimp and mushroom one this weekend.
Stirfry (chicken, mixed veggies). Season with garlic, soy, ginger, etc.
Grilled whatever. Grill stuff. Meat+veggies. This weekend I had chicken with grilled mushrooms and asparagas.

As for cheap, a cheap meal to me is $25. Expensive starts around $50.

Yeti Sandwich
08-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Basically your just asking for protein sources.

Now if you told us what you consider low carb/low fat then maybe we can get some other ideas. For example any meat with veggies is low carb and high protein. Stirfries, soups, etc. How you season and how much veggies you use will effect the carbs/fat.

Some of my high protein goto recipes
Omeletes (eggs, egg whites, veggies, meat). I made a shrimp and mushroom one this weekend.
Stirfry (chicken, mixed veggies). Season with garlic, soy, ginger, etc.
Grilled whatever. Grill stuff. Meat+veggies. This weekend I had chicken with grilled mushrooms and asparagas.

:confused:

Unreal
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Was just pointing out that cheap is all relative. To one person cheap is $3-4. To another person $10 is cheap. My tech at works makes about a 1/3 of what I do and has 3 kids to feed. He thinks I'm crazy when I spend $100 on a dinner so I was just pointing out he needs to define cheap.

Joshua_P
08-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Two cans of tuna
2 tbsp miracle whip light
1 tbsp dijon mustard
Onions, carrots, and celery to taste.

40-60g of protein, 3-5 g of carbs. 300 calories.

Beverly McD.
08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Buy lean hamburger meat in bulk. (5 pounds or so)
Cook it well, no need to season it.
Put it in a colander (pot with holes in it) and wash it VERY well with HOT water. It's amazing how much grease you can wash out of it.

Divide it up into ziplock bags and put them in the freezer.
You can thaw one out in a microwave, or under running water and use it in any recipe you want.

Season it just before you use it, or season it before you freeze it.

You can make chili (add dark red kidney beans for extra protein).
or

Wrap some up in a "carb-smart" tortilla, add some shredded lettuce, low-fat cheese, sourcream, beans, tomatos, onions, anything like that. Roll it up in a damp papertowel and pop it in a microwave about 30 seconds and you have a hot meal.

Jayfive
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Buy lean hamburger meat in bulk. (5 pounds or so)
Cook it well, no need to season it.
Put it in a colander (pot with holes in it) and wash it VERY well with HOT water. It's amazing how much grease you can wash out of it.

Divide it up into ziplock bags and put them in the freezer.
You can thaw one out in a microwave, or under running water and use it in any recipe you want.

Season it just before you use it, or season it before you freeze it.

You can make chili (add dark red kidney beans for extra protein).
or

Wrap some up in a "carb-smart" tortilla, add some shredded lettuce, low-fat cheese, sourcream, beans, tomatos, onions, anything like that. Roll it up in a damp papertowel and pop it in a microwave about 30 seconds and you have a hot meal.

I heartily recommend these. The one's I use have about 11g of fiber per tortilla. That's a hell of a lot.

GoodyGirl
11-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't know about having this for dinner but I include it in my lunch and after dinner as a dessert or for a really quick snack if I feel like something sweet. I throw in about 100g of thawed out raspberries (I buy 500g boxes from the supermarket freezer), some low fat cottage cheese and some 'fake' sugar to sweeten it slightly. A yummy low-fat, low-carb, high-protein snack! The 100g of raspberries also has a bit over 4g of fibre too.

cphafner
11-08-2009, 12:51 PM

Are you talking a meal out? I don't think my lunch ever costs more than $5 to make. I spend about $60 on groceries and then add in protein powder (maybe another $25 a week).

OP why just protein? On a zero carb and fat diet?

hardBODmiranda
11-14-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL! That's awesome!

nhatlinh
11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

James_perkins
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
a quick cheap high protein food... venison u can kill it urself (which i do) and its quick to cook and u can make pepperami out of it and its convient to snack on and low everything but Protein and tasty!!

skinny99
11-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Venison Jerky is the deal!

James_perkins
11-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Venison Jerky is the deal!
hell yer and elk burgers are awesome they jus melt in ur mouth

ruwusasde
11-20-2009, 03:09 AM
OK, cool!^_^ I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong :]

Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this