PDA

View Full Version : How I "cured" my tendinitis

BFGUITAR
06-08-2009, 07:19 PM
About 11-12 months ago I started getting horrible knee pains. The pain was right under the knee cap (maybe an inch lower). As a result, every lift I did that hurt my knees I wrapped them (very loosely). That took away the pain.

Last week I decided to do some speed box squats with bands without my knee wraps. Behold, my knees didn't bother me a bit. It was great not to have to rely on them. I didn't think much of it though simply because it was a one time thing. Usually it's reps that hurt my knee as opposed to weight, so I was slightly pleased.

Today I hit an easy PR of 425 for deadlifts (I feel im good for another 15lbs, still workin on form). I used quite a narrow stance to get more quad into the lift and I was pleased to feel no pain.

I then did 4x5 of 225 for squats followed by light OH squats. This was all done without wraps. By the end I started to feel a tiny bit of pain in my knee but it was a pain one could only feel if they payed attention to it. Throughout the year I tried squatting without wraps and it didn't work out. Only now is it better.

So, if you have knee problems when squatting loosely wrapping your knees for a year might work for ya.

bluelew
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey BF,
I am doing a pretty aggressive 5X5 right now and suffer from knee pain in the same area. I have found that stretching for 10 minutes (pulling my ankle up to my butt and holding) several times a day takes away the pain big time. BTW- Are you the same guy from the Gear Page or Musictoyz forums? I remember a guy with that name.

BFGUITAR
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Nope, the only other forums I have been on is Delcamp and one other.

Stretching never seemed to help me personally, but then again I may not have stretched enough.

Brian C
06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Ive been doing the same for my elbows. It does help with the pain, but I try and rotate workouts w/o them so I dont rely on them

fulldaddy
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Nice topic as I am sure a lot of people have been down this road. I go through a longer warm up/stretch routine followed by dynamic flexibility stuff from my sports background. Thankfully I have the time.

I did something similiar when I was having a lot of problems with my left knee. I bought some Inzer Knee sleeves and that ended up working wonders for me personally - same concept.