PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Free drinks while cutting?

NormalDude
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I have been on a cut for a while now and while on it I have been drinking crystal light and sugar free kool aid. Is it cool to drink this ***** while cutting? There is a bunch chemicals in this stuff but there is no sugar at all. And does it count as water in the diet?

Kevsworld
06-09-2009, 02:22 AM
It should help with hydration. There's some controversy regarding artificial sweeteners. Here's my advice:

1. Be sure to drink plenty of water.

2. If the diet drinks don't seem to bother you, then it's OK to drink one or two a day.

Optimum08
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I always have a can of diet soda or something during the day to break up the monotony of pounding water. As long as you keep it moderate with the artificial sweeteners you'll be fine.

Skelator03
06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
personally on a cut too i just stick to water and tea but i put atrificial sweetners in my tea sometime

VikingWarlord
06-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Unsweetened teas are going to be better but as long as you're still drinking more water than anything else, you'll be fine.

Mercuryblade
06-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I have been on a cut for a while now and while on it I have been drinking crystal light and sugar free kool aid. Is it cool to drink this ***** while cutting? There is a bunch chemicals in this stuff but there is no sugar at all. And does it count as water in the diet?

There's a bunch of overblown stuff out there on artificial sweetners, like most things, just drink them in moderation.

Kevsworld
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
By the way--be a little skeptical of conspiracy theory websites that talk about how dangerous artificial sweeteners are. There's a lot of strange info out there.

deeder
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I have been drinking a couple liters of crystal light everyday for a while now... Aside from massive migraines, a third nipple and some shrinkage I haven't noticed any adverse effects... IMO that stuff is GTG!

Unreal
06-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Remember that crystal light isn't calorie free. I have easily drank 150+ calories of CL in a day.

I've had no issues with diet soda/CL/tea/powerade zero/etc on a cut. I normally down a 44oz of diet on the way to work and have 4-6 cans during the day.

Skelator03
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
big fan of that powerade zero when i need something sweet and quick