PDA

View Full Version : would you get behind this ministry???

john bernor
06-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Hey guys,,,as many of you know for the last few years I have been working as a youth pastor and also as a coordinator for Youth for Christ. Most of my work has been focused on the towns of Mastic Beach and Shirley on Long Island.

These towns have one of the highest rates of physical and sexual abuse/ addiction rates and teenage arrests on Long Island

I have been in the process of starting a new ministry called "Strength from Above Ministries" I will be staying in these towns but will be leaving my current ministry positions to pursue the growth of STRENGTH FROM ABOVE.. We are currently incorporated and are filing for our non for profit status.

Our ministry is has many aspects. 1st off we are running after school powerlifting programs out of a store front that we are renting. The goal of these programs is to keep these kids off the streets, get them involved in a positive direction and introduce them to the Gospel. We already have over 30 teenagers involved in this.

2nd we are running a youth group type meeting out of the Knights of Columbus in the town every wednesday evening a bible study out of a small church in the community. Our numbers in these programs have grown close to 50 teens.

This ministry is growing at an awesome rate but we are really in the need of additional prayerful and financial support. If you would be interested in partnering with our ministry please email me your home address at jbernor@liberty.edu so i can put you on our mailing list

Each month you will recieve a montly ministry update and a return envelope if you felt led to give.

Thanks for your time and GOD BLESS you

in HIS grip forever
John Bernor

GorillaJ
06-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Nice work. Will pray mos def! See if you can get hooked up with the people at City Vision in West Park, Transformation Life Center affiliate. Tom Mahairas is the president and may be able to help you further.

dynamo
06-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Pretty sweet! Make sure you record videos and post them up here as well as keep track of their progress on paper so they (and we) can see how they progress.

tnathletics2b
06-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Man, I wish I wasn't so far from Long Island so I could come check it out! Awesome idea!

vdizenzo
06-09-2009, 07:10 AM
You have mail.

KarstenDD
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
You have mail.

x2..

killxswitch
06-10-2009, 06:44 AM
x2..

x3..........

bluelew
06-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Man that is awesome. It's amazing how God can open doors for us to use our passions for him. The combo of God's spirit and the discliplines, rewards, and flat out fun of powerlifting is a win win deal. I have been thinking about doing something like this at my school- I'll be waitng to hear some updates and praying for you.

mosley1990
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
That is amazing! Thats a great idea. Anything that helps teens stay active in a positive way in a "less than perfect" enviroment is great especially if you can lead them to God. Please keep us updated, john.

Erik 23
06-12-2009, 06:44 AM
John this is a great thing your doing you are a great man of god and what you are doing for the youth is a great idea.