PDA

View Full Version : How to mix creatine 500?

sandcracker21
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
i take opticen pwo, can i simply mix one scoop of creatine 500 in this chocolate drink? or should i take two 'shakes' pwo? or should i take the creatine PREworkout?

vdizenzo
06-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Take the creatine post workout on training days. You can definitely thow it in with your Opticen because of the carbs. If you don't take Opticen everyday, I would recommend still using a carb with your creatine. I use powdered gatorade.

thewicked
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
i'd take creatine pre-workout.. with some sort of sugary loading agent. The sugar or fast acting carb will stimulate insulin and produce a faster uptake of the creatine and have it available sooner. Your body has a natural "homeostatic" balance of all things chemical in the body. Creatine is used in power production where there isnt' much inflow of oxygen where ALOT of power needs to be produce in a short span of time. The amount of creatine a body can hold is regulated by the persons lean body mass. Having it loaded fast and used soon and jumping into training prevents your body from tossing it out before you can use it to find it's original chemical balance and also has more available to be "reloaded" after the initial creatine stores are used up during lifting. You get the maximum effect of creatine when lifting HEAVY but creatine will benefit anyone looking for strength!

either way, just as vincent suggested, any is better than nothing. I liked creatine with powerade or mixed with an energy drink before i found results from ALN.. incredible supplement!

sandcracker21
06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
alrighty, makes sence...so its alright to mix one scoop with about 10 ounces of fruit juice (100% juice, not concentrate) ...the juice has about 33 grams of sugar according to the label

Mercuryblade
06-10-2009, 11:29 AM
i'd take creatine pre-workout.. with some sort of sugary loading agent. The sugar or fast acting carb will stimulate insulin and produce a faster uptake of the creatine and have it available sooner. Your body has a natural "homeostatic" balance of all things chemical in the body. Creatine is used in power production where there isnt' much inflow of oxygen where ALOT of power needs to be produce in a short span of time. The amount of creatine a body can hold is regulated by the persons lean body mass. Having it loaded fast and used soon and jumping into training prevents your body from tossing it out before you can use it to find it's original chemical balance and also has more available to be "reloaded" after the initial creatine stores are used up during lifting. You get the maximum effect of creatine when lifting HEAVY but creatine will benefit anyone looking for strength!

either way, just as vincent suggested, any is better than nothing. I liked creatine with powerade or mixed with an energy drink before i found results from ALN.. incredible supplement!

You don't need to take creatine pre-workout, it's not like caffeine or another short acting substance, it builds up in the body over time.

Joe Black
06-11-2009, 02:43 AM
sandcracker,

The two most important things to care about is taking 5 grams consistently everyday and to mix it with some high GI carbs.

With fruit juice is ok, you might be better off with something like gatorade or even better mixing it with dexrose monohydrate (glucose) powder (with a small bit of fruit juice for flavour). But, just get 5 grams per day and mix it with some carbs and you'll be fine.

Skelator03
06-12-2009, 10:17 AM
im on a cut and still take creatine but not mixing it with carbs really. Just throw in my post work out shake cuz im not taking in carbs well am but totally limmited you know what i mean

ACHILLES66
06-14-2009, 09:36 PM
if i am taking results do i still need to take a seperate creatine?

Travis Bell
06-15-2009, 03:51 AM
no, you're probably fine with just the Results

Cirino83
06-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I personally just throw a half teaspoon in my mouth and wash down with water and repeat. Two half teaspoons total. Only thing I try to do is take it roughly the same time everyday.

ACHILLES66
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
thanks, travis. aything else you recommend.