PDA

View Full Version : diet question

rwill1212
06-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I just started. A new routine and I have added hiit to drop fat, but Is it bad if I ate a bowl of pasta 2 hours after my workout? I'm trying to lose weight the pasta only consisted of tomato sauce, fat free sausage, and noodles. I want to drop fat and everything that I have eaten today has been good, but for some reason I'm hungry as hell after my new routine of lifting and then doing hiit on the treadmill is this a normal reaction because as I write this my stomach feels empty....omg!!!

KingWilder
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
How much do you weigh? Height? Body fat%? Any idea what your maintenance calories are (to keep your weight the same)? Any idea how many calories you're eating each day? Protein? Carbs? Fat?

If you can answer those questions you will be successful...that's not to say you can't otherwise, it'll just be more difficult.

rwill1212
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
How much do you weigh? Height? Body fat%? Any idea what your maintenance calories are (to keep your weight the same)? Any idea how many calories you're eating each day? Protein? Carbs? Fat?

If you can answer those questions you will be successful...that's not to say you can't otherwise, it'll just be more difficult.

I'm 195 lbs, 5'11, I don't really know my bf %, my maintenance cals are 2300 but I brought it to 2000, my protein is mainly shakes and chicken breasts, carbs are only consumed when eating sandwiches and cereal 1 meal for both. That's all I know off the head please help if u can I just read the cutting articles and I have a better understanding but any advise will help.

Unreal
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
As long as it fits your calories needs. The problem with cardio for cutting is it makes you hungry so for a lot of people they land up eating more then they burn which then makes it near useless for a cut.

If you maintain on 2300 and with the pasta it was 2000 then you still had a -300 calorie day. That would mean you should drop a 1lb every 12 days or so.

Skelator03
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
try to cut your carbs out and sugard man that will help you out a lot

check out the TNT diet to CUT thats what i do google it

KoSh
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I've had a very successful cut thus far with a complete lack of sugars. However, I have kept carbs in my diet.

Typical day is:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (with water) and some kind of protein in a small amount (beans, etc).

Lunch #1: Turkey Sandwich with lettue on a wheat bread (It's not really bread, it's like a pita, except smaller. No idea what it's called, but it's only 100 calories and very low carb)

Lunch #2: Same thing

Post Workout: Soy Protein Shake w/ water

Dinner: Meat/Veggies/Carbs - I usually eat a really solid amount here. I like to get to at least 2k cals a day, and since my first few meals barely add to 1000, I like to get a huge meal in at the end of the day. Makes me feel satisfied and ready to go.

This is what has worked for me. It doesn't mean it will work for you. At all.

I'm also allergic to dairy, so that's NEVER in my diet.

rwill1212
06-12-2009, 03:47 AM
I've had a very successful cut thus far with a complete lack of sugars. However, I have kept carbs in my diet.

Typical day is:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (with water) and some kind of protein in a small amount (beans, etc).

Lunch #1: Turkey Sandwich with lettue on a wheat bread (It's not really bread, it's like a pita, except smaller. No idea what it's called, but it's only 100 calories and very low carb)

Lunch #2: Same thing

Post Workout: Soy Protein Shake w/ water

Dinner: Meat/Veggies/Carbs - I usually eat a really solid amount here. I like to get to at least 2k cals a day, and since my first few meals barely add to 1000, I like to get a huge meal in at the end of the day. Makes me feel satisfied and ready to go.

This is what has worked for me. It doesn't mean it will work for you. At all.

I'm also allergic to dairy, so that's NEVER in my diet.

See now you're on my radar because our diets r the same, I'm allergic to diary as well, because I'm horrible without sandwiches, oatmeal, and cereal. They've become a staple to my diet. And as far as that tnt stuff my buddy did that and as soon as he was cut he ate carbs and gained fat again. Those no carb diets seem sketchy to me.

Skelator03
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
its not just no carbs you just have to limit and maintain i wonder if your buddy was getting enough calories when doing the diet cuz your just trying to burn the fat away that is it. There are lots of reason why he could regain the weight and lots of reasons why he shouldnt have its really dependant on the person for me it has worked really well.

Holto
06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
See now you're on my radar because our diets r the same, I'm allergic to diary as well, because I'm horrible without sandwiches, oatmeal, and cereal. They've become a staple to my diet. And as far as that tnt stuff my buddy did that and as soon as he was cut he ate carbs and gained fat again. Those no carb diets seem sketchy to me.

If he regained fat it's because he consumed too many calories. Granted you will re-gain weight after coming off low carbs due to glycogen stores filling up but he shouldn't have gained fat if his total energy intake was correct.