PDA

View Full Version : cutting weight before comp

wiseone79
06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi guys, I am new to this site but I know its the place to be for good advice. My question is, I need to drop 8 lbs. before a competition and unfortunately the weigh-in is the same day as the competition. Any advice on what to eat and drink after the weigh-in? Thanks guys

Joe Black
06-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Can;t help, but sure someone else will chime in.. Great topic for an article though, I will look into getting one written.

Skelator03
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
need more data my man whens the competition. How much you weigh now? give us your stats and what your eating you got to let us in my man.

blownby
06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Is this a PL meet? We have 2 hr weigh inns so i am used to this, I just usually don't need 8lbs to drop lol.....anyway......... Depending on ur body weigh 8# should be cake. You should at least now be drinking 1gal of water a day. The week before bump it to at least 1.5gal. The day before meet cut water intake after lunch to just sips when/if you need it. Also simply reduce your meals to one maybe two depending after luch as well. I usually stick w/ some carbs & red meat.

Wake up next morning and weigh in and then smash lots of fluids and complex carbs.....Lift BIG.

Also 30 mins in a hot tub or 15 in a sauna is gonna drop ya like 2-3# as well. Use these if you need to drop another few puonds before bedtime night of meet.

Good luck

vdizenzo
06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
What do you weigh?