PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

thegreatone
06-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Yesterday I used my 6" foam roll as a sub for boards for board press. I was thinking about using PVC pipe instead of boards. I'm thinking I can buy four 3 foot pieces and two - end caps and store them inside each other. If I get 3", 4", 5" & 6" all in 3 foot lengths and two - 6" end caps I coud keep the insde one another for storage. It won't be expensive at all. Could probaby even get away with 1" and 2" as well. Just a though, what do you guys think? Potentional problems, flaws in my thinking? Am I over looking a requirements of the boards? The foam roll actually worked really well.

Ben Moore
06-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Get the boards and some velcro and have a 1-5 board. Personally benching w pvc doesn't sound safe at all

Clifford Gillmore
06-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Get the boards and some velcro and have a 1-5 board. Personally benching w pvc doesn't sound safe at all

There is simply not enough surface on a pvc pipe, boards are simple/safe and perfected. Foam roller sounds like a heavy foam press.

thegreatone
06-14-2009, 07:42 AM

I have boards I was trying to think of an easy/more portable version. I go to 2 different gyms and I wanted something easy to tow along. I'll just make another set of boards.

There is simply not enough surface on a pvc pipe, boards are simple/safe and perfected. Foam roller sounds like a heavy foam press.

That was something I thought of too.

Thanks

Jeff Garvin
06-14-2009, 07:48 AM

This is exactly how I made my boards. I think the wood cost me $8 and the industrial velcro was also $8. For under $20 you have 1,2,3,4,5 board! All you have to do is unvelcro the boards and use whatever ones you want.

thegreatone
06-14-2009, 08:00 AM
This is exactly how I made my boards. I think the wood cost me $8 and the industrial velcro was also $8. For under $20 you have 1,2,3,4,5 board! All you have to do is unvelcro the boards and use whatever ones you want.

I haven't used velcro, do you just staple it on or is it sticky enough to hold on the wood?

Clifford Gillmore
06-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, we have the velcro stapled down on our boards. If you have spare wood from home projects, make all the boards - it saves fiddling with it if you wan't to do 2-3 board switches mid sets and that kind of stuff :)

Jeff Garvin
06-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I haven't used velcro, do you just staple it on or is it sticky enough to hold on the wood?

Its sticky enough to put onto the wood. Its a fight to try and separate the boards. Its soooo strong!